EK Confirms 4.2GHz easily attainable on Threadripper

goodtofufriday
6 hours ago, Jito463 said:

*condescending

Sorry, I just had to. :D 

That's a made up word.

/s

3 hours ago, done12many2 said:

The way something looks is always a very distant second.

AESTHETIC MODS.

Because changing the look of something is easy. But you can't make a Pentium perform like a 7980XE.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Well according to Gamers Nexus testing, there is very little performance difference between overclocking all cores to 4.0 GHz vs stock, where XFR controls clocks. You are just going to burn up way more power with manual oc.

Anything over all cores @ 4.0 GHz would be insanity anyway for the work load you would be doing. In this light I see little sense to overclock TR at all when XFR can boost some cores to 4,2 GHz automatically - expect some benchmark adventures...

CPU: Intel i7 3970X @ 4.7 GHz  (custom loop)   RAM: Kingston 1866 MHz 32GB DDR3   GPU(s): 2x Gigabyte R9 290OC (custom loop)   Motherboard: Asus P9X79   

Case: Fractal Design R3    Cooling loop:  360 mm + 480 mm + 1080 mm,  tripple 5D Vario pump   Storage: 500 GB + 240 GB + 120 GB SSD,  Seagate 4 TB HDD

PSU: Corsair AX860i   Display(s): Asus PB278Q,  Asus VE247H   Input: QPad 5K,  Logitech G710+    Sound: uDAC3 + Philips Fidelio x2

HWBot: http://hwbot.org/user/tame/

6 minutes ago, Tam3n said:

Well according to Gamers Nexus testing, there is very little performance difference between overclocking all cores to 4.0 GHz vs stock, where XFR controls clocks. You are just going to burn up way more power with manual oc.

Anything over all cores @ 4.0 GHz would be insanity anyway for the work load you would be doing. In this light I see little sense to overclock TR at all when XFR can boost some cores to 4,2 GHz automatically - expect some benchmark adventures...

If only GN and everyone else overclocked it correctly via P states, that way you get to KEEP your XFR range AND overclock but no whack 40 in the multiplier and call it a day.

12 hours ago, done12many2 said:

Umm.  That's nothing more than their standard Supremacy Evo block with a TR4 bracket added.

I really expected them to design a new rectangular shaped block that covered the whole IHS.  The current one will cover a lot of it, but that's including using the area of the base plate screw holes too which is useless.  -_-

It's a small amount bigger actually. 

11 hours ago, done12many2 said:

Man, one thing I always hated about my Supremacy EVO block was the bracket.  I remove the block a lot and due to their shitty design compared to the likes of Aquacomputer, every time I remove the thumb screws, the spring acts alike a sandpaper on the bracket and shaves off filings onto my board.  I have to clean the shit up every time I pull a block.  With the Kyros NEXT, the spring and screw go directly into the mounting spots for my 2011 v3 socket.  I don't need to add anything else and no more shavings.

Oh and the block looks sexy as fuck.  

But it's not plexi :P would have bought a heatkiller if I could have but I couldn't find any plexi ones in stock so I went with the Supremacy Evo for like half the price lol. As for looks, watercooling is the only time I sort of disagree 

8 hours ago, done12many2 said:

At the end of the day, all I really care about is how it performs.  The way something looks is always a very distant second.

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

15 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

800W HERE WE COME!!!! 

4x8-pin CPU power.

5.2ghz on LN2 from AMD.  Makes me wonder what my 720mm rad setup could do. 

YHL6YXMHQPeraTCz.jpg

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX