3 monitor setup!

Right now i have PG27AQ its a 4k monitor ips with 60hz. 

I could get the ultrawide monitor PG348Q from asus and use this monitor as my second, and in overall they 2 would make almost a 3 monitor look, although im afraid that it would be a bit too much to one side.

Or i could buy a second monitor with 165hz qhd ips PG279Q and a third monitor but i dont know which, my budget is around 1200eur.

I dont know what third monitor i should get and im concerned about the looks as well.

What do you think?

IMG_7385[1].JPG

6 minutes ago, H0R53 said:

Do what I did

IMG_20170724_151142.jpg

Are your monitors all the same?

Just now, Edward768 said:

Cause my 4k monitor i have right now costs 1k, and im not sure i want to buy the same one, id rather buy a 165hz one... and its cheaper.

@H0R53

Gaming with multiple bezels *vomits*

@Edward768 the PG348Q is a beautiful and immersive gaming monitor. Put it central and use it as your main screen/game screen, with your existing monitor on 1 side (I prefer the right) and use it for web browsing/youtube/whatever you use a 2nd screen for.

I'd get a 27" 1440p monitor from Asus. High refresh rate, GSync or FreeSync. Third monitor could be a PB278.

I can't stand having mismatched monitors though, so I'm bias.

16 minutes ago, H0R53 said:

Do what I did

You don't feel claustrophobic with your tower there? I would, and I like small spaces. Plus it would seem like clutter to me.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 minute ago, tom_w141 said:

@H0R53

Considering he's looking at getting different resolutions, I don't think he intents to be gaming across all three.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Just now, tom_w141 said:

@H0R53

@Edward768 the PG348Q is a beautiful and immersive gaming monitor. Put it central and use it as your main screen/game screen, with your existing monitor on 1 side (I prefer the right) and use it for web browsing/youtube/whatever you use a 2nd screen for.

It seems to be a good plan, but im concerned that maybe it will be too far, no? as the ultrawide is big.

1 minute ago, dizmo said:

I'd get a 27" 1440p monitor from Asus. High refresh rate, GSync or FreeSync. Third monitor could be a PB278.

You don't feel claustrophobic with your tower there? I would, and I like small spaces. Plus it would seem like clutter to me.

My room is kinda big and my desk is big enough so im ok, the window is right next to me :D

Just now, tom_w141 said:

I have the monitor its amazing

Are there scaling issues, like with icons on screens, as the ultrawide is in lower resolution?

2 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Considering he's looking at getting different resolutions, I don't think he intents to be gaming across all three.

No, totally not, only on the main one.

12 minutes ago, Edward768 said:

Are there scaling issues, like with icons on screens, as the ultrawide is in lower resolution?

Not if you don't split tasks across monitors. Windows will display correctly on them both but if you dragged an application to be half and half it would look weird, not sure why you'd do that though

Not if you don't split tasks across monitors. Windows will display correctly on them both but if you dragged an application to be half and half it would look weird, not sure why you'd do that though

Ok, ty :)

4 hours ago, Edward768 said:

Yes sir, they were about $150 each

4 hours ago, Edward768 said:

Cause my 4k monitor i have right now costs 1k, and im not sure i want to buy the same one, id rather buy a 165hz one... and its cheaper.

Why would you spend that much money on a screen? They're so cheap, laptops come with them for free.

4 hours ago, tom_w141 said:

@H0R53

I don't notice the bezels when I'm playing, plus I have bezel correction enabled.

The human brain usually filters stuff like that.

Your nose, for example, is always in your peripheral vision, yet you never notice because it's always there. Same with the bezels.

I plan to resell these monitors at some point.

4 hours ago, dizmo said:

Not at all, the desk is huge, each monitor is 19 inches without bezel, the desk itself is like 5.5 feet side.

Clutter? Nope. I am anal retentive about organization, I put every single tool back where it was when I'm done with it.

Now if only I was the same way about my floor...

25 minutes ago, H0R53 said:

I don't notice the bezels when I'm playing, plus I have bezel correction enabled.

The human brain usually filters stuff like that.

Your nose, for example, is always in your peripheral vision, yet you never notice because it's always there. Same with the bezels.

Correct I don't notice my nose but I've played on a dual setup in the past and hated the bezels so I'm calling BS on "forgetting they are there". I'd rather game on 1 of those than have 2-3 with bezels ruining my immersion

Correct I don't notice my nose but I've played on a dual setup in the past and hated the bezels so I'm calling BS on "forgetting they are there"

Dual monitors are different because the bezel is smack damn in the middle.

When I'm playing I pay far more attention to the center monitor than either of the side screens.

8 hours ago, H0R53 said:

Not at all, the desk is huge, each monitor is 19 inches without bezel, the desk itself is like 5.5 feet side.

Clutter? Nope. I am anal retentive about organization, I put every single tool back where it was when I'm done with it.

Now if only I was the same way about my floor...

Ahh ok, I'm just more of a minimalist so if I had something on my desk it'd have to be quite small. Then again, I ran 2 desks side by side and had a massive laser all-in-one printer at the other end. It was far enough away that it didn't bother me though.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

4 hours ago, dizmo said:

Ahh ok, I'm just more of a minimalist so if I had something on my desk it'd have to be quite small. Then again, I ran 2 desks side by side and had a massive laser all-in-one printer at the other end. It was far enough away that it didn't bother me though.

I need to get a printer...

As long as things look neat and presentable I don't mind.

I need to vacuum my floor, its the exact opposite of presentable lol

As far as triple monitors go, I think OP should definitely go for it. I tried a single screen for a while and its just not the same, even though I use NV Surround.

1 hour ago, H0R53 said:

As far as triple monitors go, I think OP should definitely go for it. I tried a single screen for a while and its just not the same, even though I use NV Surround.

Yeah, I definitely miss having two screens.

Printers are something best bought on sale. I over spent on mine though. 9_9

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

10 hours ago, H0R53 said:

I will just buy 2 165hz qhd asus screens for 700€ each, as i want them to look the same, my 4k monitor will go as a secondary montitor for youtube, lectures or siply web browser, all my work will be done on the qhd ones, i could go for all 4k monitors, but it would cost too much but i could play on all 3 tho, and yes my pc can run that :)

22 hours ago, tom_w141 said:

Correct I don't notice my nose but I've played on a dual setup in the past and hated the bezels so I'm calling BS on "forgetting they are there". I'd rather game on 1 of those than have 2-3 with bezels ruining my immersion

8 hours ago, dizmo said:

Yeah, I definitely miss having two screens.

Printers are something best bought on sale. I over spent on mine though. 9_9