EK announcing dedicated Threadripper water blocks

So I guess we're seeing new waterblocks for threadripper after all! :)

...but I guess there is one small catch.

[...]pre-orders will start shipping Thursday, 18th of August 2017[...]

EK-Supremacy_EVO_Threadripper_PCB_ColdPlate2.jpg.4ae16d8099f7e05083b2669a1607df84.jpg

• EK-Supremacy EVO Threadripper Edition – Nickel                   67,95€
  • EK-Supremacy EVO Threadripper Edition – Acetal + Nickel     67,95€
  • EK-Supremacy EVO Threadripper Edition – Full Nickel            86.95€

https://www.ekwb.com/news/ek-announcing-dedicated-amd-threadripper-supermacy-evo-water-blocks/

EDIT:

Aaaaaand now theres a 404 error page. Wha..?

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

1 minute ago, RGProductions said:

Did anyone not see this coming?

They've only confirmed making monoblocks so far.

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

Just now, For Science! said:

Prices were previously incorrect, same as usual. 

Updated price:

Name MSRP (incl. VAT)
EK-Supremacy EVO Threadripper Edition – Nickel 67.95€
EK-Supremacy EVO Threadripper Edition – Acetal+Nickel 67.95€
EK-Supremacy EVO Threadripper Edition – Full Nickel 86.95€

WIll update the main post, thanks! :)

2 minutes ago, Kukielka said:

WIll update the main post, thanks! :)

Also, looks like msi will also receive a monoblock. 

https://www.ekwb.com/configurator/step1_complist?mb_mbs=2683

Interesting how the fins are going diagonally but it makes sense seeing as TR has the functioning dies like that

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I'm not a fan of the looks... 

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

20 minutes ago, Ginger137 said:

I'm not a fan of the looks... 

Then you probably dislike every single CPU block EKWB has and will ever make. They all look the same

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 hour ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Interesting how the fins are going diagonally but it makes sense seeing as TR has the functioning dies like that

I think that's just an optical illusion, have a look at the zoomed in pics?

Just now, For Science! said:

I think that's just an optical illusion, have a look at the zoomed in pics?

Yah seems like it, phone display is a traitor :P

Builds:

Spoiler

22 minutes ago, leadeater said:

I want full cover monoblock, hopefully that will be a thing.

There were hints to monoblocks for X399 on EK´s Facebook page.

1 hour ago, leadeater said:

I want full cover monoblock, hopefully that will be a thing.

At first that's all they said we would get, not that I think anyone believed that though 

Builds:

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

At first that's all they said we would get, not that I think anyone believed that though 

I just like them since if I'm going to water cool my CPU I'm going to do it for the MB and VRMs too so the less fittings I need the better, 6 turns in to 2. Probably less of a big deal for X399 since it's 4 down to 2 though.

2 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Then you probably dislike every single CPU block EKWB has and will ever make. They all look the same

True, their honestly just a brick with a ek logo.. 

But they had a limited edition once that had a great design on top iirc.

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

Since that threadripper only has 2 dyes, I think that this water block will lower the temperatures of threadripper because there is so much space on the heat spreader, the heat has more room to dissipate from the CPU. Correct me if I am wrong?

5 hours ago, RGProductions said:

Since threadripper is so huge not making a dedicated waterblock would be dumb.

Plus TR is an enthusiast platform, so I wouldn't be surprised if a pretty good chunk of Threadripper purchasers, at least a bigger chunk than purchasers of other platforms, would be interested in custom water cooling.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

1 minute ago, TheBeastPC said:

Since that threadripper only has 2 dyes, I think that this water block will lower the temperatures of threadripper because there is so much space on the heat spreader, the heat has more room to dissipate from the CPU. Correct me if I am wrong?

Usually, I think as long as the area around the dies themselves is covered by the cooler adding more surface area doesn't really help. With TR though as gamers nexus found with stuff like the asetek coolers they really aren't covering the edges of some of the dies very well, so if thermal paste doesn't spread across the whole coldplate on the aio then there could potentially be higher temps (they found that putting a lot of thermal paste in the center was about 5C cooler than other methods at stock).

I'm not sure what you're comparing this waterblock to, but your logic kinda makes sense compared to the asetek aios.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

Just now, DocSwag said:

Usually, I think as long as the area around the dies themselves is covered by the cooler adding more surface area doesn't really help. With TR though as gamers nexus found with stuff like the asetek coolers they really aren't covering the edges of some of the dies very well, so if thermal paste doesn't spread across the whole coldplate on the aio then there could potentially be higher temps (they found that putting a lot of thermal paste in the center was about 5C cooler than other methods at stock).

I'm not sure what you're comparing this waterblock to, but your logic kinda makes sense compared to the asetek aios.

I suppose that the more coverage of the cpu there is from the cooler, the more heat gets extracted from the CPU. And I guess that thermal paste should be applied all over the heat spreader of the cpu, since it helps keep the temperatures low. 

19 minutes ago, leadeater said:

I just like them since if I'm going to water cool my CPU I'm going to do it for the MB and VRMs too so the less fittings I need the better, 6 turns in to 2. Probably less of a big deal for X399 since it's 4 down to 2 though.

Personally I don't think the extra cost for the mono block + super high end board you need because they just fit those is worth it over two-four fittings and some tubes. 

19 minutes ago, Ginger137 said:

True, their honestly just a brick with a ek logo.. 

But they had a limited edition once that had a great design on top iirc.

I like most of them, at least the plexiglass ones. Acetal blocks all look like shit imo. Don't know what limited edition block you are talking about though. 

Builds:

Spoiler