xXBlackIceXx
9 minutes ago, xXBlackIceXx said:

Nice build. I dont have to worry about bills for another 4 years atleast.

Yeah its a pretty nice build, I don't game very much though-at least as much as I thought I would.

Speaking of builds, you have one in your description.  The one you have now looks perfectly fine, why do you need a new one?

30 minutes ago, xXBlackIceXx said:

Sorry for the spelling error. And i meant 5-6k every two months at the age of 18. Although. If i do become the soccer player i hope to be i could make 500-600k per year 

Even that's quite a bit. Do you mean take home or gross?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

32 minutes ago, lilbman said:

Yeah its a pretty nice build, I don't game very much though-at least as much as I thought I would.

Speaking of builds, you have one in your description.  The one you have now looks perfectly fine, why do you need a new one?

Thats a build plan. But they kinda got fucked over. "My" pc is like 15 years old

6 minutes ago, xXBlackIceXx said:

Take home. @dizmo

There are very few people that age making $50,000 a year.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Just now, dizmo said:

There are very few people that age making $50,000 a year.

It would be about 35 grand Canadian

Just now, xXBlackIceXx said:

It would be about 35 grand Canadian

You're forgetting about tax.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

I'm a bit conflicted. Original post gives off such an obnoxious entitled vibe, but at the same time at 15, that is not the age to worry about super serious adult stuff just yet. 

When I was too young to get a real job, I would help my dad fix up properties and get paid a little for it on the side. What I did with that money was get stuff I wanted that my parents wouldn't otherwise like a Gameboy Color when those were brand new and it was awesome. Whenever I got my first real paycheck, I splurged on my parents with a nice night out as a thank you. 

I still feel the parents, while having the best intentions are being a little too restrictive on money that isn't theirs. The entitled attitude from the original post still doesn't set well with me. Maybe I'm getting old.

Take some advice from someone twice your age. When you look back on this in the future, you're going to be thankful they actual care even if a little too restrictive. Maybe you'll be lucky and they'll both still be alive. You have no idea how much you'll miss them if one or even both are no longer around. What you feel today is ultimately meaningless in the grand scheme of things. Just be thankful you have both parents who love you.

3 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

I'm a bit conflicted. Original post gives off such an obnoxious entitled vibe, but at the same time at 15, that is not the age to worry about super serious adult stuff just yet. 

When I was too young to get a real job, I would help my dad fix up properties and get paid a little for it on the side. What I did with that money was get stuff I wanted that my parents wouldn't otherwise like a Gameboy Color when those were brand new and it was awesome. Whenever I got my first real paycheck, I splurged on my parents with a nice night out as a thank you. 

I still feel the parents, while having the best intentions are being a little too restrictive on money that isn't theirs. The entitled attitude from the original post still doesn't set well with me. Maybe I'm getting old.

Take some advice from someone twice your age. When you look back on this in the future, you're going to be thankful they actual care even if a little too restrictive. Maybe you'll be lucky and they'll both still be alive. You have no idea how much you'll miss them if one or even both are no longer around. What you feel today is ultimately meaningless in the grand scheme of things. Just be thankful you have both parents who love you.

Yes but am i not entitled to my earned money? I get that parents need to teach the importance of saving. But at 15 what would i be saving for?

7 minutes ago, xXBlackIceXx said:

Yes but am i not entitled to my earned money? I get that parents need to teach the importance of saving. But at 15 what would i be saving for?

Probably concerned when you're 18 and would like for you to have a decent stash of money to help you out if you moved out or something and it's better to save earlier than later. I wish I started saving at 15 if I'm honest.

Like I said, I'm not wanting to be harsh on either side since I was 15 before and do feel like you should be able to spend your own earned money so long as it isn't hurting anyone. Maybe convince them to let you make 1 major purchase and then promise not to touch savings for awhile.

Edit: Offer to treat them to a nice dinner to sweeten the deal haha

7 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

Probably concerned when you're 18 and would like for you to have a decent stash of money to help you out if you moved out or something and it's better to save earlier than later. I wish I started saving at 15 if I'm honest.

Like I said, I'm not wanting to be harsh on either side since I was 15 before and do feel like you should be able to spend your own earned money so long as it isn't hurting anyone. Maybe convince them to let you make 1 major purchase and then promise not to touch savings for awhile.

Edit: Offer to treat them to a nice dinner to sweeten the deal haha

Hell i plan on giving the pc to my dad when it starts running out of engine power for gaming anyways

If I may, what work are you doing at 15 to make the money your earning? Is this like a holiday job?

That's an F in the profile pic

So, he's 15, he's been promised a car, his dad apparently set him up with a job that pays better than minimum wage... But woe is him, he can't blow $2400 on a PC.

I'm not exactly feeling sympathetic.

7 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

So, he's 15, he's been promised a car, his dad apparently set him up with a job that pays better than minimum wage... But woe is him, he can't blow $2400 on a PC.

I'm not exactly feeling sympathetic.

Job is construction... so its pretty hard work Made about 3 grand in 2 months. Working 7 hours a day 6 days a week. Car is a 1998 sierra with 430000km on it. 

9 hours ago, Froody129 said:

If I may, what work are you doing at 15 to make the money your earning? Is this like a holiday job?

Construction

33 minutes ago, xXBlackIceXx said:

Job is construction... so its pretty hard work Made about 3 grand in 2 months. Working 7 hours a day 6 days a week. Car is a 1998 sierra with 430000km on it. 

I assume that this is a summer job?

16 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

I assume that this is a summer job?

Yea

9 hours ago, xXBlackIceXx said:

Four hundred and thirty thousand kilometers on the clock?! I can only imagine how much fuel something like that is drinking...

That's an F in the profile pic

1 hour ago, Froody129 said:

Four hundred and thirty thousand kilometers on the clock?! I can only imagine how much fuel something like that is drinking...

Hell yea. Granted its a truck. And its a diesel