Mobile coffee lake leaked

Some Thai youtube channel has leaked the upcoming, Acer Nitro AN515-31 laptop. The system is running on a Intel Core i7 8550u a quadcore with ht, running at 1.8ghz. 20gb of ddr4, and cost is around $752 dollars. With these ulv cpu at this price. Looks like performance based hexacore mobile coffeelake, will start in the $1500+ range?

For roughly the same amount, you can get a i5 7300HQ or $50 more a Core i7 7700HQ, on a kbl base laptop. And these are performance class processor, not those power saving crap, like that 8550u. This asus laptop selling at microcenter.

It comes with core i7 7700hq, 8gb ddr4, 256gb ssd, gtx 1050 2gb for $800.

Intel-Core-i7-8550U.jpg.f5954c79d68c6487e6bc0269bf2a0ccd.jpg

https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-core-i7-8550u-spotted-in-acer-nitro-notebook

Asus laptop

http://www.microcenter.com/product/475522/FX53VD-MS72_156"_Gaming_Laptop_Computer_-_Black_Metal;_Intel_Core_i7-7700HQ_Processor_280GHz;_NVIDIA_GeForce_GTX_1050_2GB_GDDR5;_8GB_DDR4_RAM;_256GB_M?storeID=145&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9-PR85vL1QIVzbbACh0wRQZNEAQYASABEgJ04_D_BwE

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Do we have confirmation it's a real quadcore?  So often the U chips are duals even when they're i5 or even i7s

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

It could be the new ulv quad cores 

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p

7 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Do we have confirmation it's a real quadcore?  So often the U chips are duals even when they're i5 or even i7s

They say it's a quad core, and even if it's real, the slow clock speed is a disappointment.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

Just now, TrigrH said:

1.8ghz base clock.... that cant be a dual core.

it might, you don't know how bad they might want it to be :P 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

i7 at 1.8GHz? that looks like a celeron clock speed.

6 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

U just means ultra low power. If they can stick two extra cores in and lower the clock speed I dont see why it wouldnt fit the U, but it does give the i7 the same specs as my quad core celeron which is why im calling this fake.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Just now, NumLock21 said:

They say it's a quad core, and even if it's real, the slow clock speed is a dissapointment.

Well the fact it's quad is exciting though; the U series mobile chips are what I expected to be the last hold out of dual cores, so if even those have moved on, I think we can safely expect to see everything else as well.  ie, this is the long awaited death of the dual core.

Just now, TrigrH said:

if it was that bad I doubt acer would put it in a predator laptop :P

you would hope, but there it is, clear as day.  I'm not even talking about the speed btw, just the fact that it's a U chip in what should be a gaming laptop...

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

you would hope, but there it is, clear as day.  I'm not even talking about the speed btw, just the fact that it's a U chip in what should be a gaming laptop...

Can't they fake that stuff with registry edits though?

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

and cost is around $752 dollars.

which isn't an issue if its a quad core :P

1 minute ago, Zando Bob said:

Can't they fake that stuff with registry edits though?

probably.  Yeah, there's more than a few ways this could be faked if you really wanted to.

My Q6600 with a tape mod could challenge that thing if the 1.8GHz is true.

Which is why I don't think it's true.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

12 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

2 more cores plus the de-clock equals the 30% gain they stated for CFL. So probably legit.

16 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I was gonna say, it would be the first U series quad core

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Has everybody complaining about the 1.8GHz forgotten Turbo Boost is a thing?

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Just now, Suika said:

Has everybody complaining about the 1.8GHz forgotten Turbo Boost is a thing?

yeah, knowing intel and turbo boost numbers they should make "base clock" 1 GHz and then the all-core turbo 3 Ghz

-_-

yeah, knowing intel and turbo boost numbers they should make "base clock" 1 GHz and then the all-core turbo 3 Ghz

-_-

Reminds me of those Core M processors, super low base but boosts pretty high up. 

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

-_-

its quite possible it could have a 2 core turbo that is very close to last gens dual cores.

Just now, Suika said:

Reminds me of those Core M processors, super low base but boosts pretty high up. 

I think it's time to do away with a distinction between base clock and the all-core turbo.  Just as they specify the frequency X cores will hit, they need to just indicate the TDP at different whole-chip frequencies.  "base clock" is pointless and arbitrary and I'm tired of it existing... should have died when turbo boost was introduced.

I think it's time to do away with a distinction between base clock and the all-core turbo.  Just as they specify the frequency X cores will hit, they need to just indicate the TDP at different whole-chip frequencies.  "base clock" is pointless and arbitrary and I'm tired of it existing... should have died when turbo boost was introduced.

Marketing looks better if they just advertise the boost and thats why they do it. All intel quad cores don't reach their advertised turbo on all cores.

There are atom based quad cores...

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

Marketing looks better if they just advertise the boost and thats why they do it. All intel quad cores don't reach their advertised turbo on all cores.

Yeah that also bugs me, they usually quote the base clock and the 1-core turbo, rather than just the all-core turbo which, if forced to pick just one, is probably the number most people care about.