GPU suddenly stopped outputting

Hi guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster. 

I built my first desktop two years ago with the following components as seen on PCPartPicker here and have had little to no trouble since the PC was completed. Until two weeks ago.

I periodically started having the GPU (Asus - GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card, stock) completely stop outputting whilst the PC was on, never while gaming, just during idle usage such as watching video or opening a new browser tab. If I restarted the PC, the problem went away. Then it started happening more frequently, until I took a number of restarts before the GPU would send signal to the monitors, however it wouldn't crash during use.

I thought it may have been GPUTweak, so I stopped running that, or the drivers, which I updated. Now, no signal will go to the monitors. I tried different cables, only having one monitor attached, etc. At the moment I'm using the motherboard's internal graphics to type this using the exact same cables to the same monitors. 

I haven't opened the case in months, do nothing came detached. I opened it and cleaned all dust, made sure everything was correctly seated, which it is, and I'm now out of ideas. 

Anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to fix this issue?

Thanks

didn't linus have this problem with something, i'd go look there for some advice, as I personally haven't a clue

OOo 1050ti (cries in silence) -- Nath xD 

12 minutes ago, Nath_Unknown said:

didn't linus have this problem with something, i'd go look there for some advice, as I personally haven't a clue

I had a quick search but couldn't find anything. Any idea where best to look, as obviously I'm searching in the wrong place

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for such long wait, but I have no idea sorry... ^_^

OOo 1050ti (cries in silence) -- Nath xD