New fractal design case called meshify C

So they... made the front panel worse and stuck it on the front of an existing case? Oh no wait... the TG is now tinted. Not gonna move from my inwin 805.

If you make a post contradicting mine that doesn't directly address my claims, or cites 'facts' without evidence, I'm probably not going to bother responding to it, because you probably didn't bother reading my post properly, and because life is too short. It doesn't mean I don't have an answer for you. It means I'm not dignifying you with a response. 

I'd buy it if it wasent TG... 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

it looks really nice but a bit small.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

3 hours ago, tom_w141 said:

Wow TG and a mesh. Is it too much to ask for an innovative case from fractal design?

Next one will probably have a tempered glass front and mesh side. It'll be so innovative that it becomes the next trend in cases!

11 minutes ago, VIVO-US said:

Next one will probably have a tempered glass front and mesh side. It'll be so innovative that it becomes the next trend in cases!

Might buy that to be honest... Sounds awesome in some way, like a semi transparent side

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I actually really like the design. Unfortunately I just bought a Phanteks Eclipse last night...

1 hour ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Might buy that to be honest... Sounds awesome in some way, like a semi transparent side

I actually just remembered, Silverstone used to make a case that had mesh on the side.  It was a compact Micro ATX tower that placed the PSU beside the motherboard, and the mesh side allowed open airflow directly to the PSU and graphics card.  It was a cramped little thing, but it was very innovative at the time!

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811163085

I like it but the front looks damaged to me.  Like "it got left in a pile on the floor and walked on" damaged

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

I kind of wish the front panel was a bit toned down and maybe a slightly less aggressive tint (I'd have to see it in person for sure), but it looks fantastic otherwise.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

The front panel is a bit of a miss for me, I'm not a fan of the "crinkled paper that someone tried to smooth back out" look... Kinda wish it had just been left flat like the Focus G. Also not entirely sure about the tinted glass window....

Still, regardless it's on a define C body so it's a good case 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

*duplicate post*

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Really like it actually and that interior is super clean, But I'm prob going to be going mATX or mITX for all my next builds, don't think i'll ever sli and using more m.2 and 1x 3.5" these days just don't see a point in a bulky box, That said if they make a smaller one I'd go for it. 

I wish more cases were following the Thermaltake View27 and do a sweet sideways graphics are and NO tops fans :P

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

I like the front...not the side though.

I wonder if they fixed their flimsy motherboard tray.  The cases are not super bad, but they could at least make the mobo area sturdy.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

Design C with a mesh front and side panel of glass. Nice.

I admit I like Fractal cases ...

I agree that the front mesh design is odd, if it was flat I would have liked it better.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Not a fan. The front mesh is ugly and doesn't line up with the aesthetic of fractal design imo. The glass is too dark. And just as a persona taste, I don't like the body of the Define R5, especially when the Define S is so far superior. Why do they not update that case ever?

43 minutes ago, baconborn said:

Not a fan. The front mesh is ugly and doesn't line up with the aesthetic of fractal design imo. The glass is too dark. And just as a persona taste, I don't like the body of the Define R5, especially when the Define S is so far superior. Why do they not update that case ever?

I am using Define S now, yes really wish they have an upcoming version with TG, yes, I am a sucker to TG. I fine with the mesh, but I really don't like the glossy plastic looking edge at the front. I have to admit, I actually like the tinted TG, more subtle yet still can look into the case. Well the aesthetic is all personal preference. 

Better looking than the Define cases. I really like these slender cases with no optical or HDD cage in the front.

I really, really, really like this design. I've been looking for a new case for a while now (wanna do some water cooling stuff). I think this would look amazing if you put some RGB fans behind the mesh. 

But as some have said (here and in videos), it's a bit too small for me (I'd like to do some more extensive water cooling) and god I hope they do one with the new USB 3.1 connector. 

BTW - God tier beard.

- @Slick in a PM once

I like it. I wonder how it compares to the Define C in terms of thermals and noise.

i5-4690K@4.5 GHz // Asus Z87-Pro // HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3-1600 // Crucial BX100 250GB // Sapphire Nitro R9 390 // EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 // Fractal Design Define S // be quiet! Pure Rock & Pure Wings 2 // BenQ XL2730Z // Corsair Vengeance K70 // Logitech G403 Wireless // Sennheiser HD 598 SE

I like how it looks.  Keeps the clean fractal design look.   I'm more annoyed that a month ago I bought a windowed Define C and they just announced the TG version of it.

Thrive on change. Embrace volatility.

13 hours ago, nims0c said:

I like it. I wonder how it compares to the Define C in terms of thermals and noise.

Thermals should be better, noise should be worse

Better airflow from the front, but no sound dampening foam. 

10 hours ago, Acquire said:

I like how it looks.  Keeps the clean fractal design look.   I'm more annoyed that a month ago I bought a windowed Define C and they just announced the TG version of it.

They're working on backwards compatibility so you might be able to buy a TG panel kit!