Easiest way to get analog 5.1 out of digital?

Gershy13

So im looking for a way to convert my Logitech X540 to accept SPDIF or HDMI. But there are a few other problems too... I want to hook up an Nvidia Shield TV and a PS4 to my 4k tv. I also want the audio to be 5.1 from both. One way i thought of going is getting a 5.1 Audio Gear SPDIF to analog 5.1 converter (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Digital-Adapter-Converter-Decoder-Supports/dp/B00AZHNXNO) and connecting the optical out of my TV to it, so when i switch channels on the TV, it would send the audio down this too. But i then found out, that most TVs only send 2.0 over optical out. (correct me if im wrong?) I also realized that both the PS4 and the Shield TV don't have optical outputs. So the only way to get audio is to use HDMI. Does anyone know of a way i can switch HDMI without using another remote? And still use the TV remote? Or use one remote for everything? For those wondering, this is the HDMI to analog converter im planning to get (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1080P-HDMI-TO-HDMI-VGA-SPDIF-5-1CH-RCA-Digital-multi-channel-Audio-Decoders-BS-/192038287430?hash=item2cb65fb846:g:X0YAAOSw4GVYHa-C). 

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Gershy13

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x + H150i Elite LCD     

RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 3600MHz CL16

Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro

GPU: MSI RTX 3070 Ventus 3X OC       

SSD 1: Corsair MP600 1tb (Windows)      

SSD 2: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb (Scratch Drive)   

SSD 3: Samsung 860 EVO 250gb

HDD 1: WD Blue 1TB

HDD 2: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Case: NZXT H710

PSU: Corsair TX750M

Mouse: Lamzu Atlantis Pro Mini 4khz

Keyboard: Akko 5075B Plus

This Monoprice HDMI switcher has optical audio out - https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=5557 - and supports both 2 channel and 5.1 surround from your sources -- but you do need the tiny remote for it.

Since a lot of HDMI devices send a screensaver/standby signal, most good HDMI Switchers are not auto-switching, as it's easy to confuse them and drive you nuts

"Epic Voice, Quality Content"

12 minutes ago, EposVox said:

This Monoprice HDMI switcher has optical audio out - https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=5557 - and supports both 2 channel and 5.1 surround from your sources -- but you do need the tiny remote for it.

Since a lot of HDMI devices send a screensaver/standby signal, most good HDMI Switchers are not auto-switching, as it's easy to confuse them and drive you nuts

Hmmm... Well now im thinking of using HDMI instead, because it carries more audio formats... Ideally i didnt want to use a switch, and wanted to use the TV remote and inputs... Would there be any way to do this? Or control the switch from the tv remote somehow?

1 hour ago, Gershy13 said:

Hmmm... Well now im thinking of using HDMI instead, because it carries more audio formats... Ideally i didnt want to use a switch, and wanted to use the TV remote and inputs... Would there be any way to do this? Or control the switch from the tv remote somehow?

So i think ive got nearly everything figured out. I plan to go from ps4 and shield tv to 4k hdr hdmi switch, and then the output of that to a 4k hdmi hdr splitter (now i have 2 4k signals) one will go to the tv, and the other i need to somehow get to my hdmi audio extractor box. The extractor box doesnt support 4k/hdmi 2.0 tho... Does anyone know of something that will take the HDMI 2.0b 4k60hz HDR surround sound, and convert it to HDMI1.4 1080p with still surround sound?