[Update] EK Fluid Gaming now selling expansion Packs

The Benjamins
48 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

FYI I had a single 240MM x 45MM rad running my 6700K & 1070 for a while and it did fine, I mean I couldn't OC at all but at stock with boosting enabled it kept my CPUs at around 50°c while heavy gaming and 70°c when doing stress testing. Strangely the GPU temp never went above 45°c even when the CPU was in the 70s.

Thats because the gpu watercooling is way more efficient than cpu cooling: you have no tim AND especially  IHS to speak of, and the die ( so the thing that actually makes heat) is way bigger: the die for an i7 is somwhere in the 50 mm^2, of wich 15 are igpu and you  are outputting 95w from those 35 mm^2, meanwhile the 1070 is yes outputting 165w of heat, but from a 300+mm^2 die

On 8/8/2017 at 7:59 PM, Jon Jon said:

What do you guys think about these packs?

I am curious about them, as I am definitely not skilled enough to make my own custom loop.

When I eventually upgrade to Threadripper, I could see myself wanting to run this along with liquid cooling whatever graphics card I am running at the time together.

Pretty certain that there will be a TR4 block,they have the design already for the copper ones so making AL blocks is will clearly be the next step.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

I can see EK shifting towards budget parts in the future. An AIO uses a copper block at least.

What pumps do the original kits come with, the Phobya style or DDC I assume?

This is fantastic, I bought one of these kits for my work computer just for some fun and much cheaper cost, leaves more options, and didn't want to buy another $700 cooling set up. Honestly if you buy these parts and ignore the warning label on mixing parts you shouldn't be working with computer parts. You can't expect to have your hand held through life, it's pretty easy to keep parts separate. 

1 hour ago, dexT said:

What pumps do the original kits come with, the Phobya style or DDC I assume?

Basically this is the kit pump: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-xres-100-spc-60-mx-pwm-incl-pump

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

5 minutes ago, Arokhantos said:

I know a loop full of 1 metal like copper can do without anti corrosion, but would that also apply to aluminium only ?

kits come with a biocide/anti corrosive

On 8/9/2017 at 2:54 AM, effes said:

I'm gonna get one now for sure!

I didnt buy the 240g yet, because i thought cooling a 7700k and a 1070 with only one 240 rad would not be that effective, but now with an extra 360 (or 240, dk yet) it'll definitely work well!

Was even considering buying an aluminum rad from china to expand the fluid kit 9_9

Same here - was considering using Fluid gaming for my upcoming build, but had reservations due to only 240 rad for CPU and GPU. Now I am gonna get 240g kit with the 360 rad kit and I'm good to go! Colored fittings are a nice touch as well

6 hours ago, Arokhantos said:

I know a loop full of 1 metal like copper can do without anti corrosion, but would that also apply to aluminium only ?

Yes, galvanic corrosion is caused when there are more than one metal present, as long as there's only one (and it doesn't matter which) its safe.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Imho the kit idea is great, especially at that price, but the cpu/gpu combo should come with a 360mm rad, even if at 270$ range, because with the 240mm rad you are basically forcing people to buy at least another 240mm rad,  and at that point the price go at 310/320$, still great for a custom liquid cooling solution, but that would be an easy fix

4 hours ago, Flavio hc 16 said:

Imho the kit idea is great, especially at that price, but the cpu/gpu combo should come with a 360mm rad, even if at 270$ range, because with the 240mm rad you are basically forcing people to buy at least another 240mm rad,  and at that point the price go at 310/320$, still great for a custom liquid cooling solution, but that would be an easy fix

a single 240mm rad is enough for a CPU and GPU, I don't get how it is forcing anyone?

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

1 minute ago, Arokhantos said:

So in theory if its a full aluminum loop would not need anti corrosion, did anyone ever test this ?

jayztwocents has a kit filled with distilled water(I think) to see what happens. he will post a video of his finding when he has something to report.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc