GTX 1060 to Save Money to save up for 1080 TI/Volta or 1070/1080

2 minutes ago, UltimaHeart said:

do you know any good 1440p 144hz / 4k 60 hz monitors that arent TOO expensive?

Sadly, monitors aren't my forte. Have someone else help you with that :]

21 hours ago, UltimaHeart said:

gotchu. Someone recommended me this 1080 TI build thats a bit cheaper. is this a good build? https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jkm9D8

If I were you I would ask around a bit about that. Imm not sure if the 1600 would be able to handle the 1080ti's power without bottle neck. In my experience I know that my 6600k (over clock at 4.7) actually is a bottle neck in some cases, including (believe it or not) minecraft with Max render and some shaders. And that is with a 1070. I know that the Ryzen has been shown better than many I5s in many cases but I still don't think it could handle a 1080 ti. The furthest I would go is the 1080 because the price is a lot more reasonable (they weren't efected by ethereum because they are crappy miners) and its all that chip should be able to handle.

Just now, Kd4lif3 said:

If I were you I would ask around a bit about that. Imm not sure if the 1600 would be able to handle the 1080ti's power without bottle neck. In my experience I know that my 6600k (over clock at 4.7) actually is a bottle neck in some cases, including (believe it or not) minecraft with Max render and some shaders. And that is with a 1070. I know that the Ryzen has been shown better than many I5s in many cases but I still don't think it could handle a 1080 ti. The furthest I would go is the 1080 (they were not effected by ethereum cause they are crappy miners) because the price is a lot more reasonable And its all that chip should be able to handle.

alright got it!
Should I go for Ryzen 5 1600x over i5/i7 with a 1080? Many of my friends tell me "no bro ryzen sucks get intel cause more support" but ryzen has more cores and what not and that would be beneficial for me also. And it sucks cuz idk which to go for

1 minute ago, UltimaHeart said:

alright got it!
Should I go for Ryzen 5 1600x over i5/i7 with a 1080? Many of my friends tell me "no bro ryzen sucks get intel cause more support" but ryzen has more cores and what not and that would be beneficial for me also. And it sucks cuz idk which to go for

For your price range l, ya. Get a ryzen 5. Honestly I don't care about support. I donesnt matter how much support there is because AMD is intitled to iron out any major issues with their new chips anyway (or else they will probably get a lot of hate). Go with the 1600x (bit better than the 1600 and better that the I5) and get the 1080. But don't take my word for it. Do some more reaserch and find out for sure if the 1080 will be fine on the 1600x. I think it will be but imm still a little skeptical. Remember that I am kinda a intel fan boy but I definitely like where AMD has gon with this generation.