"4K HDMI Cables"?

Go to solution Solved by Glenwing,
Just now, LordTaco42 said:

Recently I upgraded from my old 43" 720P Panasonic to a 4K HDR 49" Samsung MU7000.  A welcome upgrade indeed.  Of course when buying it at the local best buy they try to give you the run around on why you absolutely need to get "4K HDMI" cables to have 4K.  I of course politely declined as they were trying to sell said cables for 30 to 50 dollars a pop.  Picture is amazing colors pop out great as expected and as I could tell from streaming 4K youtube videos and Netflix it does indeed look to be displaying in 4K. 

So whats the deal with supposed 4K HDMI cables (HDMI 2.0 I believe)? 

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/729232-guide-to-display-cables-adapters-v2/?section=hdmi_cable_versions

Recently I upgraded from my old 43" 720P Panasonic to a 4K HDR 49" Samsung MU7000.  A welcome upgrade indeed.  Of course when buying it at the local best buy they try to give you the run around on why you absolutely need to get "4K HDMI" cables to have 4K.  I of course politely declined as they were trying to sell said cables for 30 to 50 dollars a pop.  Picture is amazing colors pop out great as expected and as I could tell from streaming 4K youtube videos and Netflix it does indeed look to be displaying in 4K. 

Just now, LordTaco42 said:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/729232-guide-to-display-cables-adapters-v2/?section=hdmi_cable_versions