Vertical GPU Mount

Shinion

@CableModI received a response...but it simple said "we're not sure when it will be available. I also asked about pricing. A ballpark date and number would be really helpful...

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2017 at 12:02 AM, CableMod said:

Just a quick proof of concept of something we're working on. This is a no modding required vertical mount we are looking to launch soon. We are going to for the final version be moving the GPU 1.5 inches closer to the side panel for more clearance behind the GPU, while still providing ample room for proper ventilation. This should be compatible with most mid-tower cases on the market with 7 PCI-E slots, and again requires no modding at all due to the spacing from the rear of the case to allow for display cables to pass through with ease. :)  vert.thumb.jpg.2fd11221de6e8f69d5bbf80cb3b45a88.jpg

@CableMod If I purchase this, which I probably will, would I be able to mount it in slots 2-8 on my Enthoo Luxe TG and still use the top slot?

7 hours ago, Unsweeticetea said:

@CableMod If I purchase this, which I probably will, would I be able to mount it in slots 2-8 on my Enthoo Luxe TG and still use the top slot?

@Unsweeticetea likely not unless you are thinking of running another riser cable for another vertical GPU in front of this one or have a very small (width wise) product slotting into the top slot. Hard to know though as there are several variables we cannot account for due to the nearly endless variables in place. :)

9 hours ago, CableMod said:

@Unsweeticetea likely not unless you are thinking of running another riser cable for another vertical GPU in front of this one or have a very small (width wise) product slotting into the top slot. Hard to know though as there are several variables we cannot account for due to the nearly endless variables in place. :)

@CableMod Thanks for the reply! I was thinking of using it for something along the lines of a WIFI card or a USB expansion.

1 hour ago, Unsweeticetea said:

@CableMod Thanks for the reply! I was thinking of using it for something along the lines of a WIFI card or a USB expansion.

@Unsweeticetea I don't have either of those on hand to test unfortunately, but if you used another riser card and set it up behind the GPU it might work. Without the use of another riser though I don't believe it would work due to the fact that ours is spaced a little from the rear to account for it being a no modding required solution.

• 3 weeks later...

[Just a quick proof of concept of something we're working on. This is a no modding required vertical mount we are looking to launch soon. We are going to for the final version be moving the GPU 1.5 inches closer to the side panel for more clearance behind the GPU, while still providing ample room for proper ventilation. This should be compatible with most mid-tower cases on the market with 7 PCI-E slots, and again requires no modding at all due to the spacing from the rear of the case to allow for display cables to pass through with ease. :)  vert.thumb.jpg.2fd11221de6e8f69d5bbf80cb3b45a88.jpg

] The site won't let me quote this, so I just copied and pasted it

@CableModDo you know if the vertical gpu mount you guys are working on will support non well known cases like mine? I have the Raidmax Viper GX, and was going to take a Dremel to it to mount my gpu vertically until i saw this post. I'm just worried that there will be a compatibility issue with it, as it is an off-brand case of sorts. And yes, there is not really a side panel window, so I think i'm just going to run it without a side panel until I can afford a new case.

• 5 weeks later...

@CableMod Would this fit in a Corsair Obsidian 750D?
It has 9 expansion slots, but I would REALLY enjoy to attempt to make a dual vertical mounted setup.

I would attempt to mount them with a bit of an offset and make use of the width of the cabinet.

@A.ndersen should be fully compatible with your case but it would depend on your hardware used - air coolers you may run into clearance issues.

• 3 weeks later...

@CableMod Just came across this thread and that mount is exactly what I'm looking for. Is there any update on when this would launch? I really don't want to have to cut my case like other solutions require. Thanks and can't wait for the mount to be released!

On 2017. 11. 29. at 8:02 AM, CableMod said:

Just a quick proof of concept of something we're working on. This is a no modding required vertical mount we are looking to launch soon. We are going to for the final version be moving the GPU 1.5 inches closer to the side panel for more clearance behind the GPU, while still providing ample room for proper ventilation. This should be compatible with most mid-tower cases on the market with 7 PCI-E slots, and again requires no modding at all due to the spacing from the rear of the case to allow for display cables to pass through with ease. :) 

Spoiler

vert.thumb.jpg.2fd11221de6e8f69d5bbf80cb3b45a88.jpg

Damn, that's a dream come true.

Can this be used with an air cooler? I have a dark rock 3 at the moment with a Define S.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

8 hours ago, CableMod said:

@Cyberspirit would depend on the GPU, a reference card MIGHT work but no guarantees there as bigger air coolers could interfere with this type of a solution.

Ah well, I guess I'll save up for an AIO sometime in the future. Thanks for the reply.

• 1 month later...
On 2/24/2018 at 11:49 AM, CableMod said:

@Jrac86 we're looking at late March-early April. :)

@CableMod any update on this by chance? I've got an odd use case this may be good for. I have a GTX 1080 Ti Founders Edition card and a Lian-Li 330X case. I want to cool my card with the Raijintek Morpheus II and put some RGB fans on the front. Would this mount be able to hold that combination?

Just now, bcrklein92 said:

@CableMod any update on this by chance? I've got an odd use case this may be good for. I have a GTX 1080 Ti Founders Edition card and a Lian-Li 330X case. I want to cool my card with the Raijintek Morpheus II and put some RGB fans on the front. Would this mount be able to hold that combination?

@bcrklein92 should be available within the next few weeks here, the wait is almost over! :)

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

does anyone of you know of a way to mount a GPU vertically in an mATX case? Specifically I have the Corsair 88R.

Thanks in advance :)

3 hours ago, MrJamesJohnson said:

Hi guys,

does anyone of you know of a way to mount a GPU vertically in an mATX case? Specifically I have the Corsair 88R.

Thanks in advance :)

I think your best bet is a Case fan mount from @Mnpctech

https://mnpctech.com/vertical-gpu-video-card-installation-mount/

It's going to depend on what CPU cooler you have though, The GPU length and "height", as well as if you can get rid of the HDD cage. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

I was thrilling to get the Corsair vertical mounting solution until I realised I need one of my 7 PCIE Slots for the Wifi/Bluetooth card (and I sadly really do need it), does anyone know if there's still a hope for me ? The card is kinda low-profile btw, if that's a bonus... ^^

If you dont understand me, make sure to ask me a rephrase. I am not a native speaker and my english isn't perfect.

Would Bill's MNPC Tech's bracket work?

Prolly not relevant  but i made a diy VM for a local forum member having a similar problem a few months back from a simple bit of "L" allu bar.. 

It did require some cutting to fit.

IMG_20170811_185708-L.jpg

^ Awesome DIY fab work by @Defyant

hmmm, for MATX, space for Vertical GPU gets real challenging, Carlos used the Mnpctech Stage 2 120mm Vertical to mount his GPU onto 120mm fan opening in the floor of the Fractal design Nano S, which is also a MATX case, he told me cooling hasn't been an issue, as the GPU is located alongside two 120mm intake fans.

17 years of helping you void your warranty

1 hour ago, Mnpctech said:

hmmm, for MATX, space for Vertical GPU gets real challenging, Carlos used the Mnpctech Stage 2 120mm Vertical to mount his GPU onto 120mm fan opening in the floor of the Fractal design Nano S, which is also a MATX case, he told me cooling hasn't been an issue, as the GPU is located alongside two 120mm intake fans.

Oh man, that looks amazing.

5 hours ago, Mnpctech said:

Holy crap it looks amazing, but how does it work for video output ? I mean, where do you connect your monitor(s) to the graphics card now ?

If you dont understand me, make sure to ask me a rephrase. I am not a native speaker and my english isn't perfect.