Vertical GPU Mount

Shinion
7 minutes ago, Shinion said:

Anyone know of a mounting bracket similar to the cooler master one? The one one their site appears to be out of stock, but it is exactly what I need. 

https://store.coolermaster.com/vertical-display-graphics-card-holder

Contact them to see when they will be back in stock? Mountain mod has one but is the kind you rivet in place. 

http://www.mountainmods.com/pci-modular-io-bracket-brushed-alu-p-701.html

-Moved to Modding Section- 

I saw the mountain mod one, but I would prefer not to cut up the case. Not much room in the Corsair 460X

2 minutes ago, Shinion said:

I saw the mountain mod one, but I would prefer not to cut up the case. Not much room in the Corsair 460X

You will have to cut the case even using the coolermaster bracket the PCI area is not open like the coolermaster case and has slats that will be in the way.

This is correct, but only on the pcie slots, not next to the slot in the mesh area. Plus the CM one would keep the card farther back from the glass for more airflow. 

Just now, Shinion said:

This is correct, but only on the pcie slots, not next to the slot in the mesh area. Plus the CM one would keep the card farther back from the glass for more airflow. 

btw @ or quote if your responding to someone 

My Personal Computer

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz (OC 3.8) 6-Core Processor

Cpu cooler DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240EX WHITE 
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC ATX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz RAM 8x3

Storage: SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III

Storage:SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 500GB SATA III
Video Card: RTX 2060
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: EVGA 550 B3 550W

Peripherals

Monitor: Acer XF240H 24" TN Free-Sync ,144 Hz 

Keyboard: Corsair k95 RGB platinum

Mouse: Razer basilisk

Headset: Hyperx cloud alpha pro

Just now, Vernw3 said:

btw @ or quote if your responding to someone 

Got it! My bad

2 minutes ago, Shinion said:

Yes it will keep it within one area but the vertical adapter won't fit unless all the slats are all cut out, since they will not allow for vertical portion of the adapter. On the Coolermaster cases they are all open unlike the Corsair case. 

Here is another type of adapter for that case, there are no horizontal slats between the PCI-E slots:

Picture of Vertical Graphics Card Holder by Ice Wolf

FYI, I just clicked on the link that OP provided and it says that its in stock. Good luck with the mod!

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

May not be relevant but I have been working on a vertical mount for my machine, if you want something DIY.  It is unpainted here but requires no modification to my case.  I just mounted to some available holes and I extended the mount back an inch or two to give space for airflow.  I didn't want to cut the case.  Did require a router to make room for connectors.  I'm more comfortable working with wood.

gpu mount.jpg

On 8/7/2017 at 6:41 PM, W-L said:

-------

You've peaked my interested.

Could i cut out a spot right here (drawn in picture), rather than the original spots. So all original ports are kept and allows for easy installation of non-GPU based PCI hardware. While having the 2 slots in the location drawn in the picture for the GPU using bracket from the mountainmod link you provided? This way the GPU is also closer to the glass pane resulting in less glaring.

0001149_vertical-graphics-card-holder-by-ice-wolf.jpg.7515fd85700a682388f7cabc3967a60a.jpg

2 minutes ago, phongle123 said:

Could i cut out a spot right here (drawn in picture), rather than the original spots. So all original ports are kept and allows for easy installation of non-GPU based PCI hardware. While having the 2 slots in the location drawn in the picture for the GPU using bracket from the mountainmod link you provided? This way the GPU is also closer to the glass pane resulting in less glaring.

As long as you can fit the PCI bracket into place and cut out the mesh there accordingly I don't see a problem with that. 

2 hours ago, phongle123 said:

You definitely can do this.  There are also brackets you can install in place of the area shown.  The only issue to worry about is the distance between the fans and the side panel.  The closer to the side panel, the more choked for air the fans will become.  In my case I gave a good 2 inches between the card and panel.  I have no vent or cutout in the glass for airflow so I wanted this distance.  If you have a vent in the panel you have much less to worry about.  In the picture you marked up, there would be plenty of room for this mod and a glass side panel.  In my case the pic above with a wood block I would not. (or at least for me to be comfortable.)

2 PCI Modular IO bracket - Brushed ALU something like this would replace the area you outlined.  cut or de-rivet the area paint one of these and rivet or bolt it in place.  Good to go.  Assuming you have adequate air flow.

http://www.mountainmods.com/pci-modular-io-bracket-brushed-alu-p-701.html This is just what I found in a quick search.  There are plenty of options you could find.

• 2 months later...
On 8/7/2017 at 6:41 PM, W-L said:

Yes it will keep it within one area but the vertical adapter won't fit unless all the slats are all cut out, since they will not allow for vertical portion of the adapter. On the Coolermaster cases they are all open unlike the Corsair case. 

Here is another type of adapter for that case, there are no horizontal slats between the PCI-E slots:

Picture of Vertical Graphics Card Holder by Ice Wolf

What bracket is this one?

6 minutes ago, v10killer said:

What bracket is this one?

It would be this from cooler master, i’m not certain about compatibility in different cases but your PCI-E region must not have any slats betweeen each slot for it to  fit. 

https://store.coolermaster.com/vertical-graphics-card-holder-by-ice-wolf

• 3 weeks later...
Looks just like this the one up top. Going to leave this link here since Cooler Master is taking so long getting their ducks together 
to supply vertical mounts. Hope this helps, might be a long ship date but I'm sure you will get it faster than Cooler Master can restock.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Graphics-VGA-Card-holder-aluminum-Graphics-card-front-side-converted-support/32698964430.html

Just a quick proof of concept of something we're working on. This is a no modding required vertical mount we are looking to launch soon. We are going to for the final version be moving the GPU 1.5 inches closer to the side panel for more clearance behind the GPU, while still providing ample room for proper ventilation. This should be compatible with most mid-tower cases on the market with 7 PCI-E slots, and again requires no modding at all due to the spacing from the rear of the case to allow for display cables to pass through with ease. :)  vert.thumb.jpg.2fd11221de6e8f69d5bbf80cb3b45a88.jpg

On 8/7/2017 at 4:28 PM, W-L said:

Mountain mod has one but is the kind you rivet in place. 

http://www.mountainmods.com/pci-modular-io-bracket-brushed-alu-p-701.html

After experiencing a similar issue finding the CM bracket, I did end up using the MountainMods bracket, and fabricating a mounting plate to replace the back of my case. This is more case modding than it seems you want to do, but I thought Id chime in with thoughts on the MM bracket. Its awesome, except for the small issue of the top mounting fold of the bracket not being level with the sides. So it was not totally flush when screwed in. Still perfectly functional thoug

Spoiler

IMG_9960.thumb.JPG.5b02fecc0917a2cc19b36b353ebe7907.JPGIMG_0018.thumb.JPG.dd091b9d0f3b3705757a4de7b137bd6e.JPG

CPU - 1700X 3.7gHz | CPU Cooler - EK and Singularity Custom Loop | Motherboard -  Asus X370 Crosshair VI w/ EK Monoblock | RAM - Corsair Vengeance RGB (4x8GB) 3000Mhz w/ Silver Paint| Graphics Card - Asus GTX 1080ti Strix OC w/ EK Fullcover block with custom vertical mount | Power Supply - Corsair HX750i w/ self made Custom Cables and 3D printed Combs | Storage - 3x 3TB, 2TB HDD | Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME SSD, 500GB OCZ SSD | Case - Lian Li PC-09 Custom paint | Colour Theme - Silver & Black & RGB lights

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Logitech MX Master 2S Mouse/Wacom Intuos Pro5 Med

On 11/28/2017 at 11:02 PM, CableMod said:

Just a quick proof of concept of something we're working on. This is a no modding required vertical mount we are looking to launch soon. We are going to for the final version be moving the GPU 1.5 inches closer to the side panel for more clearance behind the GPU, while still providing ample room for proper ventilation. This should be compatible with most mid-tower cases on the market with 7 PCI-E slots, and again requires no modding at all due to the spacing from the rear of the case to allow for display cables to pass through with ease. :)  vert.thumb.jpg.2fd11221de6e8f69d5bbf80cb3b45a88.jpg

ooooo any hint on availability? im looking at doing a watercooled build and would love to have a vertical gpu mount so that you can see the fluid going into the gpu block

@CableMod I sent you guys an email regarding this vertical GPU bracket. Any way you could PM with more details? Was considering the AliExpress one posted here, but this looks nice. Need to know pricing, availability details, and if it is a full kit (comes with cable/riser or not) will it be offered in white by chance? If I can get my hands on this soon, I will gladly pass on the one from AliExpress...lol. Thanks.