IP Flooding?

rho-bobo

My School has something setup on their routers so that if you create a mobile hotspot, they flood it or something causing you to be unable to connect to your hotspot. Looking for a way around this, maybe a program or something? Certain settings? (note they stop you from connecting to anything i have tried, including my gopro, phone and laptop.

Cheers,

Rhody

It's definitely possible, but it's there internet.

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

The only way around this is to pay for a data plan and don't use their WIFI, their WIFI their rules.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Well discussing about circumventing your network security at school is against the forum rules, but I will tell you this: it is not IP flooding. Some switches can limit the amount of connected users, so unless you have access to network administration, you are SOL.

Core i7 7700k Kabylake stock + Kraken x52 | ASUS Z170-A | 8GB DDR4 2133MHz HyperX | ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 STRIX 6GB | 250GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB HDD WD RE4 | Seasonic X-Series 650w | Corsair 460x RGB  | Win 10 Pro 64 bit | Corsair M65 PRO RGB Mouse | Corsair K70 RGB RapidFire

What they are doing is using their APs to send disassociation packets (like if you were roaming to a new AP) on behalf of your devices to your AP. This causes the AP to disconnect the device. Multiple enterprise wireless vendors have introduced this feature. Whether it is legal for them to do this is a gray area - I remember seeing a hotel chain that was sued and the verdict from the judge was that they couldn't use it since it was a public place and there was no security reason to block APs. In a school/enterprise setting however, where every device that connects is supposed to be authenticated to an account, the presence of rogue APs does present a security risk, and thus it is not clear if the ruling from the hotel case would apply.

There is no technological workaround for this, they would have to change how wifi connections are created and torn down. Fiscussion of breaking/bypassing the security of your school's network is also, as I understand it, against the rules of this forum.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

Oh right ok, cheers people ill just give up on that idea.

Thanks anyway