share wireless connection with wired

Technomancer__

so i have my laptop connected with the internet wirelessly and i want to connect a wireless access point to the computer wired and share the connection to the access point

how do i do it?

i actually solved my problem but am still curious about how to do this (question of the thread)

select both wifi and ethernet adapters > right click > bridge connections
Connect your AP to the ethernet port and you are done.

Core i7 7700k Kabylake stock + Kraken x52 | ASUS Z170-A | 8GB DDR4 2133MHz HyperX | ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 STRIX 6GB | 250GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB HDD WD RE4 | Seasonic X-Series 650w | Corsair 460x RGB  | Win 10 Pro 64 bit | Corsair M65 PRO RGB Mouse | Corsair K70 RGB RapidFire

11 hours ago, Ethocreeper said:

@Lurick can you help?

am asking you because i know your job is networking :)

So you're looking to connect the desktop, which isn't getting wireless, to an access point and then share that with the laptop?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

8 hours ago, xGGAx said:

select both wifi and ethernet adapters > right click > bridge connections
Connect your AP to the ethernet port and you are done.

Did that internet just stoped working on the laptop

Will try again tho just to be sure

2 hours ago, Lurick said:

So you're looking to connect the desktop, which isn't getting wireless, to an access point and then share that with the laptop?

No the laptop gets wireless and I want to share it with my ap through the Ethernet port

2 hours ago, Ethocreeper said:

Did that internet just stoped working on the laptop

Will try again tho just to be sure

you have to do it with the wifi connected but the ethernet cable disconnected(otherwise it will share the ethernet to your wifi). Your new bridge should show the same name as your SSID. If it says something like "limited connectivity" or "ip conflict" , right click and select "fix issues"

Core i7 7700k Kabylake stock + Kraken x52 | ASUS Z170-A | 8GB DDR4 2133MHz HyperX | ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 STRIX 6GB | 250GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB HDD WD RE4 | Seasonic X-Series 650w | Corsair 460x RGB  | Win 10 Pro 64 bit | Corsair M65 PRO RGB Mouse | Corsair K70 RGB RapidFire

7 hours ago, xGGAx said:

you have to do it with the wifi connected but the ethernet cable disconnected(otherwise it will share the ethernet to your wifi). Your new bridge should show the same name as your SSID. If it says something like "limited connectivity" or "ip conflict" , right click and select "fix issues"

Aaa did that with the cable connected

Will try it later and update you 

8 hours ago, xGGAx said:

the laptop internet works and it says its correctly bridged wifi adapter to Ethernet but devices connected to the ap cannot connect to the internet

Did you have a previous configuration in your AP? You might need to manually configure your AP. Depending on your device, some AP have a default IP so you can access the configuration portal.

If your AP has dhcp enabled by default, you have to make sure it is getting a valid IP. 

TLDR: read the user manual for the AP, make sure DHCP is enabled and try again.