I can't launch Overwatch anymore!

Posting again here bc Blizzard Support is no help at all smh..

Aight guys please help me out here. Overwatch has been running perfectly since I first bought it and then suddenly a few days ago I straight up can't run it anymore. Everytime I launch it goes straight to a black screen and stops responding completely to the point I have to restart my pc

My specs are way about the minimum so that isn't the problem. 
I've updated all the drivers, stopped any background apps from running, tried to scan&repair but its showing no problems, i've uninstalled and reinstalled and still nothing.

There's no error message or anything so I really have nothing else to go off, i hope someone can help bc this is driving me insane..

try changing it from full screen to window borderless, that has been known to fix the crashing

you can do this by going into your documents folder, look for a folder called Overwatch (it might be inside myGames), click on settings, right click on the file called "settings.ini" and edit it. 

Change FullscreenWindow = "1" to FullscreenWindow = "0"

that should fix your issue

1 minute ago, laking-gamer said:

you can do this by going into your documents folder, look for a folder called Overwatch (it might be inside myGames), click on settings, right click on the file called "settings.ini" and edit it. 

Change FullscreenWindow = "1" to FullscreenWindow = "0"

that should fix your issue

Nope, its already set as window borderless 

have you tried setting it to fullscreen, might be worth a try i guess sorry the other way didn't work...

3 minutes ago, laking-gamer said:

have you tried setting it to fullscreen, might be worth a try i guess sorry the other way didn't work...

yeah, no luck :( ahh thanks anyway

ive not really got anything else but try updating your drivers or reinstall the game but thats all ive got sorry again

25 minutes ago, laking-gamer said:

ive not really got anything else but try updating your drivers or reinstall the game but thats all ive got sorry again

Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the game?  Isn't Overwatch like WoW where is saves your character information on a server somewhere, if so, then delete and reinstall and if that don't fix it, well then DANG!.

Just now, kb5zue said:

Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the game?  Isn't Overwatch like WoW where is saves your character information on a server somewhere, if so, then delete and reinstall and if that don't fix it, well then DANG!.

Yep, first thing I did. All my drivers are fine, ive reinstalled as well. I'm out of ideas ugh

Just now, Beccaax said:

Yep, first thing I did. All my drivers are fine, ive reinstalled as well. I'm out of ideas ugh

Did you use DDU to remove the old drivers first?  If you don't remove the old drivers first, then when you reinstall the new ones, there is usually some crap left over from the first ones that just makes things worse along the way.

Use DDU to get rid of the old drivers, then install the new.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Attempt disabling the Print Spooler service and try launching after that.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

58 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

Did you use DDU to remove the old drivers first?  If you don't remove the old drivers first, then when you reinstall the new ones, there is usually some crap left over from the first ones that just makes things worse along the way.

Use DDU to get rid of the old drivers, then install the new.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

yep, just completely wiped all the drivers and reinstalled, same problem. So it's definitely nothing to do with the drivers :/ 

37 minutes ago, Suika said:

Attempt disabling the Print Spooler service and try launching after that.

Nope, I haven't done any updates/changed any settings in the last few days so i dont know whats causing this D: 

11 minutes ago, Beccaax said:

Nope, I haven't done any updates/changed any settings in the last few days so i dont know whats causing this D: 

Did you try disabling the spooler service? It's fixed my issue before and appeared out of nowhere.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Just now, Suika said:

Did you try disabling the spooler service? It's fixed my issue before and appeared out of nowhere.

yeah :/ this is the worst, i've tried everything 

This has happened to me since I re-installed windows. Other blizzard games will not always launch, but crash 1-2 times before actually opening. Overwatch though always crashes and doesn't even display an image on the screen prior.

disable discord overlay

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

On 8/8/2017 at 7:06 PM, Tsuki said:

disable discord overlay

It is disabled. I also tried many iterations without discord running.

• 11 months later...

I have had the same issue and the fix that worked for me was reinstalling Overwatch (may or may not be needed) running DDU and rolling back my nvidia driver to 398.36 from 398.82 (this is what i think solved the issue).
I have a 1070 and a 1800X.

47 minutes ago, SirMcQuery said:

I have had the same issue and the fix that worked for me was reinstalling Overwatch (may or may not be needed) running DDU and rolling back my nvidia driver to 398.36 from 398.82 (this is what i think solved the issue).
I have a 1070 and a 1800X.

Yea, could be this. This happened for AMD users to about a year or so a go where a driver wouldn't let us launch the game.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit