Help with loop order please

Would this loop work? 

Thought about connecting the pump to the water block instead of the res but the gpu is really blocking that pathand it wouldn't look good. 

(The res ended up where the drive bay was not on top of shroud)

20170806_235255.jpg

20170806_225143.jpg

20170806_220211.jpg

Yes that'll be fine, loop order doesn't matter except for the reservoir being before the pump

28 minutes ago, KillSwitch87 said:

Would this loop work? 

Do whatever looks good to you.  As long as you're using proper in/outlets (if there are any, most blocks/pumps have specified in/outs and rads/res usually don't) you'll be fine.  Water temps equalize within the system, especially with only a single component being cooled. 

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

7 minutes ago, xHadrian said:

Here's my loop in the H440, as I see you're using the same case as me. Also, in my old setup, I had the reservoir on top of the PSU shroud and it was completely fine.

IMG_1513.thumb.JPG.1d3109a3ef120d3865f77d4fd8fe7397.JPG

Wow nice o.O I have the Noctis but I think same insides. Did you remove the whole drive bay for this setup? I REALLY wanna keep mine so mounting res on top of shroud would be ideal but I'm afraid it would block airflow to the card, it's not blower style.

Just now, KillSwitch87 said:

Wow nice o.O I have the Noctis but I think same insides. Did you remove the whole drive bay for this setup? I REALLY wanna keep mine so mounting res on top of shroud would be ideal but I'm afraid it would block airflow to the card, it's not blower style.

My bad, and yes they have the same exact insides. Yeah I removed the drive bays. In your case (no pun intended), it seems like the reservoir would block airflow to the card. What I would do is the same thing that I did to my H440, however if you don't want to go through the trouble of modding your case then mounting the reservoir so that it isn't visible is fine I guess.

3 minutes ago, xHadrian said:

My bad, and yes they have the same exact insides. Yeah I removed the drive bays. In your case (no pun intended), it seems like the reservoir would block airflow to the card. What I would do is the same thing that I did to my H440, however if you don't want to go through the trouble of modding your case then mounting the reservoir so that it isn't visible is fine I guess.

It's impossible to tell them apart stripped down I guess :D I'm not really doing this for the bling so no res showing is fine for me, I just want an efficient setup that I can hool the GPU into later (when I have some more spare cash) so AIO'sare out :)

Out of curiosity though, how exactly did you mod your case? I've never done that.. .but I'll have to drill at least some holesthis time

1 minute ago, KillSwitch87 said:

It's impossible to tell them apart stripped down I guess :D I'm not really doing this for the bling so no res showing is fine for me, I just want an efficient setup that I can hool the GPU into later (when I have some more spare cash) so AIO'sare out :)

Out of curiosity though, how exactly did you mod your case? I've never done that.. .but I'll have to drill at least some holesthis time

I took out the drive cage by drilling out the rivets that were holding it. As for mounting the res and pump, I cut out a piece of acrylic and attached it to the case by using the existing holes for the hard drives (of course drilling out the acrylic first). After that I just drilled some holes for the reservoir and pump. Simple stuff really :D

1 minute ago, xHadrian said:

I took out the drive cage by drilling out the rivets that were holding it. As for mounting the res and pump, I cut out a piece of acrylic and attached it to the case by using the existing holes for the hard drives (of course drilling out the acrylic first). After that I just drilled some holes for the reservoir and pump. Simple stuff really :D

Yeah uh I'm not exactly the handy man type, first time I'm seeing a drill up close xD I take it your case has a full see through side panel them? In mime if the side is on you can't see the bay area anyway but I AM wondering whether I should take the components out before I start drilling holes :/

Yeah uh I'm not exactly the handy man type, first time I'm seeing a drill up close xD I take it your case has a full see through side panel them? In mime if the side is on you can't see the bay area anyway but I AM wondering whether I should take the components out before I start drilling holes :/

Not yet, I'm making a custom acrylic full side panel soon. As for taking out your components, that you should do so that you don't drill into something by accident or get fragments on your components.

4 minutes ago, xHadrian said:

Not yet, I'm making a custom acrylic full side panel soon. As for taking out your components, that you should do so that you don't drill into something by accident or get fragments on your components.

Right, thanks :) I know this is kind of unrelated but do you have any idea how I could 'repaint' the red ROG logo on the side of the case? 

2 minutes ago, KillSwitch87 said:

Right, thanks :) I know this is kind of unrelated but do you have any idea how I could 'repaint' the red ROG logo on the side of the case? 

You mean paint over it or change its color?

3 minutes ago, xHadrian said:

You mean paint over it or change its color?

Change the color, methid doesn't matter as long as it looks good 

Change the color, methid doesn't matter as long as it looks good 

I guess you could do that with some masking tape and paint. Just mask the areas that you dont want to paint including your sidepanel window.

1 hour ago, xHadrian said:

I guess you could do that with some masking tape and paint. Just mask the areas that you dont want to paint including your sidepanel window.

Any specific type of paint that would be good for this?

26 minutes ago, KillSwitch87 said:

Any specific type of paint that would be good for this?

I'm not sure what material that logo is, but I'd guess that the Rustoleum Universal paint should work, as it's a paint + primer that works on just about everything. Plastidip would be a good choice if it was plastic.

9 minutes ago, xHadrian said:

I'm not sure what material that logo is, but I'd guess that the Rustoleum Universal paint should work, as it's a paint + primer that works on just about everything. Plastidip would be a good choice if it was plastic.

Feels a bit raised from the rest of teh panels surface, might actually be some sort of sticker? o.O I'll double-check what the material is, thanks :)