Could someone help me make a build?

Frimarra
Go to solution Solved by Septimus,

Here is a build that is between the two previously mentioned builds: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CjdPpb

- $1000 base build, with the 4K monitor it's $1300, consider dropping to a 1080p monitor if you'd like. 

Could someone, preferably an experienced member of this forum, design a computer design for me or link me to one that is reliable. If there is already a great 1500 or less computer design on this forums and it works then I'd prefer that... If not then I'd take input from those with experience. If you have like 3 posts on this forums then don't comment. If I needed someone with that skill then I'd of asked myself or my 10 year old sister. Some specs I would like are Ryzen 5 and an easy to setup build. Sorry if this is a little demanding. I've been trying for over a year to find a good build, but then someone always says change this or change that, so I also just confuse myself and get lost in the thousands of pieces.

Thanks...

Which country are you in? What will you be using the computer for? Will you be building it yourself?

Most common Question is:
What are going to do with this new build? is for gaming? is it for only documentations? or for design work? or for even all these options?

This gives us all a bit a sense what you are looking for.

That is centre of al questions, i think.

(Ryzen 5 is a very good choice)

I just threw this together real quick:  https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Septimus/saved/CrPbvK

Thoughts? 

The case is subjective, I just threw the NZXT one in there because it's pretty common and clean looking. If I were to spend more money on certain components, I would look at increasing the RAM speed as well as getting a different SSD, something like a Samsung 850 or 960 Evo (the 960 Evo yields a 135% performance increase over the 850 Evo). 

Septimus yours had issues it said :P

• The Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler may require a separately available mounting adapter to fit the ASRock - AB350M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard.

Just now, Frimarra said:

Septimus yours had issues it said :P

• The Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler may require a separately available mounting adapter to fit the ASRock - AB350M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard.

I'm pretty sure all Cooler Master coolers come with the required bracket for mounting on an AM4 socket. 

Does anyone else have information on this? 

6 minutes ago, Frimarra said:

US, Gaming

Will this be your main use for the rig? Would you like me to trim it down a bit to be cheaper, or to utilize your entire budget? 

It's fine how it is. If you want to trim it down then you can. I still need a monitor, but it's fine. The main usage will be online gaming. I already have a surface pro, which is horrible for gaming, that I will be using for other needs. So yea, the main use for this will be gaming.

2 minutes ago, Frimarra said:

It's fine how it is. If you want to trim it down then you can. I still need a monitor, but it's fine. The main usage will be online gaming. I already have a surface pro, which is horrible for gaming, that I will be using for other needs. So yea, the main use for this will be gaming.

What games? This rig is honestly overkill for gaming at 1080p and even 1440p. 

Followup Question for gaming?

Gaming in Full HD, 1440p or even 4K?

because GTX 1080 on Full HD does not sound logic to me, get it.

Here is a great PC for 1080p (and even 1440p) gaming and content creation with a 1080p monitor included: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/pMsrbj

- Note that the monitor was not researched, it may have poor color accuracy. 

Same thing, but with a 4K monitor: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8BCPpb

- While in some games 4K with a 1070 wouldn't be applicable, you can still enjoy 4K on the desktop and less   demanding games. 

- Does exceed budget requests by $190, if not acceptable, change the SSD to a 120GB Samsung 850 Evo. 

I right now probably wouldn't play much more than CS-GO due to the fact I haven't had a computer that could even handle that game, so I've never played it. I mainly just want the ability to have a good resolution game. Knowing I can't play high definition games would suck. What's realistic for the build Septimus made? I'm fine with HD 1440p or even 4K. I just want to be able to. So yea, what's realistic for the build I was sent?

1 minute ago, Frimarra said:

I right now probably wouldn't play much more than CS-GO due to the fact I haven't had a computer that could even handle that game, so I've never played it. I mainly just want the ability to have a good resolution game. Knowing I can't play high definition games would suck. What's realistic for the build Septimus made? I'm fine with HD 1440p or even 4K. I just want to be able to. So yea, what's realistic for the build I was sent?

If you want to just be able to play light games like CS:GO and Overwatch, I could build you a rig for $750 that would easily handle it and allow you to upgrade in the future. 

Here is a rig easily capable of running CS:GO at over 100 FPS: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Septimus/saved/ggRrHx

- Includes a monitor

- Case is cheap, consider getting something better (this build was designed for a friend with a tight budget in     mind, so spend more money on a case you like as well as the RAM if you feel like you want more). 

Maybe go in between the 750 and the 1500 build so I'd be less likely to upgrade and probably not need to. It'd give me the chance to play the higher games I want anyway.

3 minutes ago, Septimus said:

If you want to just be able to play light games like CS:GO and Overwatch, I could build you a rig for $750 that would easily handle it and allow you to upgrade in the future. 

so $750 and $750 for peripherals? (thats a sweet-ass monitor you can get though)

Now I just need to find out if it comes with an adapter and I'm done.

7 minutes ago, Frimarra said:

Now I just need to find out if it comes with an adapter and I'm done.

Alrighty, sounds good. If you don't mind, select the post that is the best answer so as to alert others that this thread has been answered.