Alienware Area-51 THREADRIPPER EDITION

2 hours ago, TAHIRMIA said:

Yes, Yes I did.:P

Thats it, im telling Trudeau that you offended me. Now your going to be charged with offending me

It seems like you are paying a premium for the privilege of getting Threadripper early.

Quite disgusting if you ask me. 

I understand that pre-built systems are more expensive, but for the price I expect more premium components (mainly the motherboard and cooler).

Also, Linus failed to mention that you need to pay $250.00 more for the 1500w power supply.  850w otherwise.

@GabenJr Aliens make me grouchy. Linus makes Aliens grouchy. Heh.

Twitter's erupting. Head dawg at Alienware's butthurt

Captured.JPG.7562dc6c412722dcf4d4556957878108.JPG

Azor makes it sound like he's coming in with a 3600MHz club, but (PDF Setup Manual) indicates the motherboard supports 2933MHz DDR4 max. Idle boasting. Whatever's in the works could be less of a bang, more like a whimper. 

Capture1.JPG.fcb1d9b471094b55c588964ad80920e2.JPG

Early adopters now paying out the nose for their 2667 Dell budget green sets, 'worthless' on the used market in attempt to upgrade to faster better later. Twitterer asks why Azor won't 'like' Linus' review, answer below.

Capture.JPG.27d148a52ec241a5681247b162144464.JPG

Game On.

@GabenJr I warned you not to put your reputation on the line for these people. Not a day later do they try to publicly ruin your reputations.

@Cinnabar Sonar The estimated cost of the 850watt Bronze is ~$175 of the $3000 base price. Add $250 more for 1500watts, $425 investment ...

Edited by A Beautiful Lie
file attachments

I'll only buy if I can get Four externally-accessible DDR4 DIMM sockets.

PS - No I won't... I'll build a much better system for 1/2 the price of their tested model.

On 8/5/2017 at 1:07 PM, GabenJr said:

Threadripper does have quad channel memory support (details to come on why it isn't a problem like Ryzen), and the RAM used was single-rank 2666MHz. I don't have much more info to give right now, but we are tentatively planning to explore it in more detail after our initial review.

As for why no Vega, they probably don't want to go too far in with the new platform out of the gate, but Dell does have a Ryzen + RX 500-based Inspiron Gaming desktop.

Ima guess that if it isn't limited on speed using 4 single rank sticks, it's likely due to having multiple dies and memory controllers?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

True Benchmark! So Accurate and reliable:D211472968eb947bd73236a30c16500f4.jpg

Sorry!) It is really silly) 

As I understand, it should be 68,25 on x299?

2 hours ago, MaximuT said:

True Benchmark! So Accurate and reliable:D211472968eb947bd73236a30c16500f4.jpg

Sorry!) It is really silly) 

As I understand, it should be 68,25 on x299?

Sad that it's 4k, so doesn't really show us where TR lies in that comparison. I know that technically you did not test Threadripper itself but still would've been nice to see it at lower resolution.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones