front mount radiator

Hi guys im upgrading my h60 soon and I got the h100i v2 will be coming in a couple of weeks from amazon and im worried about the mounting.

im worried that there will be only one place i can mount the radiator and the masterbox 5 does not have options to put exhaust fans going out from the top.

even i have exhaust fan at the back, air passing through the radiator will still pass through the components then will come out through the exhaust. that made me thinking "they will be like heat sinks right?"

something like this fresh air --> intake fan --> radiator fins --> warm air --> ram, mobo, gpu --> exhaust fan --> warmer air

this might get the motherboard, the graphics card, and the memory heater if i put the orientation on the fans to take fresh air into the case i dunno.

so im thinking ill put the radiator fans as exhaust still mounted at the front and ill put the rear fan as intake.

There have been tests online about all this. Is your graphics card rear exhaust?

Check that out. My radiator only fits on the top of the case and i was using it as exhaust. I recently changed the top to intake and the front and rear exhaust. Dropped my temps by 5C

Intel i7 6700k|Asus Maximus VIII Hero|Asus Strix 1080|Gskill DDR4 3200|950 Pro M.2|Corsair RM750|Corsair OBSIDIAN 500D|Corsair K65\G65|SteelSeries Arctis 5|Asus PB277Q|PG279Q

3 minutes ago, crissaegrim said:

Hi guys im upgrading my h60 soon and I got the h100i v2 will be coming in a couple of weeks from amazon and im worried about the mounting.

im worried that there will be only one place i can mount the radiator and the masterbox 5 does not have options to put exhaust fans going out from the top.

even i have exhaust fan at the back, air passing through the radiator will still pass through the components then will come out through the exhaust. that made me thinking "they will be like heat sinks right?"

something like this fresh air --> intake fan --> radiator fins --> warm air --> ram, mobo, gpu --> exhaust fan --> warmer air

this might get the motherboard, the graphics card, and the memory heater if i put the orientation on the fans to take fresh air into the case i dunno.

so im thinking ill put the radiator fans as exhaust still mounted at the front and ill put the rear fan as intake.

It shouldn't be an issue, I have a front mount triple rad for CPU cooling, and the air coming through the rad feels pretty cool. Its the my 1070 that exhausts the hottest air.

Sync RGB fans with motherboard RGB header.

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX 3.0

16GB G. Skill Flare X 3466MHz CL14

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Intel 540s 240GB, Intel 520 240GB + WD Black 500GB

Corsair Crystal Series 460x

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s

i7-3520M + On board GPU

16GB 1600MHz DDR3.

5 minutes ago, Vigilante505 said:

Is your graphics card rear exhaust?

no its pushing down inside the case evga 960 2gb ftw

22 minutes ago, Vigilante505 said:

There have been tests online about all this. Is your graphics card rear exhaust?

Check that out. My radiator only fits on the top of the case and i was using it as exhaust. I recently changed the top to intake and the front and rear exhaust. Dropped my temps by 5C

Was that just CPU temps? What about the VRMs, PCH and video card?

Sync RGB fans with motherboard RGB header.

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX 3.0

16GB G. Skill Flare X 3466MHz CL14

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Intel 540s 240GB, Intel 520 240GB + WD Black 500GB

Corsair Crystal Series 460x

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s

i7-3520M + On board GPU

16GB 1600MHz DDR3.

I have a coolermaster haf xb which is a lanbox case, not a tower.  I use my h105 as a front mount exhaust, and have had it that way for a few months now.  prior to that I was using it in a front mount intake setup.  My case only has a single 120mm fan in the rear of the case and a 200mm on the top.  As said the front was intake the top and back were exhaust.  But a few months ago I started playing around with the fans and tried a buch of different configurations and found that the best setup for me was to have the front as an exhaust the top as an intake and the back as an exhaust.  This causes a slight negative pressure situation which a lot of people seem to hate with a passion, but I have always preferred a negative pressure setup.  With the current setup, my cpu temps went up about 4C on my 6600k @ 4.5ghz.  but my gpu temps on my red devil rx480 went down about 11-15C depending on the game I am playing, temps on my vrms on my motherboard  went down about 10C.  temps on my nvme ssd went down about 5C.  I have a corsair link mini with several temp probes in various places around the case and the ambient inside the case went down a lot.  In a tower things are going to be slightly different, so I would say try it both was and see what works for you.  i have always found in a tower that the front as an intake seems to work the best if the front of your case has good flow.  The top is good for exhaust, but it seems like with it set as a front intake it helps to keep some air moving around the graphics card so its not just recycling the hot air from itself.  a few years ago before tempered glass sides got popular most cases came with a fan in the side panel so it wasnt a big deal, but now that the side panels are all glass the stagnant hot air is an issue again. 

@intender

i will hope for the best btw the case im using does not have the option to put fans on top

10 hours ago, Vigilante505 said:

i will hope for the best btw the case im using does not have the option to put fans on top

anyone have some more advise that would be great