• Half Life 2
    • Red Dead Redemption
    • Portal 2
    • World of Warcraft
    • Goldeneye
    • Chrono Trigger
    • Other

Counter Strike 1.6

Just simply a legendary game, one of the best team based shooters ever imo. Amazing memories, amazing times and amazing people I've met over the years. I still play the game quite a lot to this day.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Super Mario 3

Street Fighter 2 Turbo edition

The only 2 games I played for competition and prize money

Main rig: i7 3770K @ 4.54, Sapphire R9 290, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Mushkin Redline 2133, Lian Li PC-P50R, Seasonic 860xp Platinum, Kingston Hyper X 3K 240GB

freeNAS server: AMD Athlon II 170u 20W, 5 x 3TB WD Red in raid-z1 (12 TB)

media centre: AMD A10-5700, crucial M4 (boot), running XBMC,4 x 3TB WD Red, 3 x 3TB WD green + 2TB green in FlexRAID (17 TB)

Kind of an obvious answer but Deus Ex GOTY, was so amazing at the time, still is :)

Kind of an obvious answer but Deus Ex GOTY, was so amazing at the time, still is :)
Looking forward to Abes Odysee HD!

Half-Life 2

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

Mine has got to be 007-Agent Under Fire. That game set me back 70 bucks!!!

My build: i5 3570k , Sabertooth Z77, Be quiet Dark Rock 2, Corsair vengeance 16 gb ram, Corsair RM 750, WD Black 1TB , ADATA 256 GB SSD, Asus 660ti DCUII, NZXT H440, Noctua NF-F12 & NF-A14.

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

Rome: Total War.

While the Single Player campaign is definitely primitive compared to the modern TW games, the style of the battle mechanics are unmatched in its uniqueness, reliability, and usability compared to the other games in my opinion. It's also the only Total War game that has maintained a reasonably alive Multiplayer community nine years after release. I've logged over 1300 hours on this game, and although I rarely play now, I still hop on to check on my old clan mates every once in a while.

Morrowind.

Pokemon is a close second.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

Battlefield 3, im younger and i like fps games and that one is awesome.

Cool thread but definitely hard picking one. I feel like my answer would change with mood etc. I will list a couple that I really enjoyed. I don't even know if the games were that great or if it was a combination of several things.

Like algoat, I really liked super mario 3 but that doesn't make the favorite list.

My sister, cousins, and I spent a lot of time playing Super Mario Cart during our summer vacation. I remember us knocking controllers out of each others hands in order to win. We had a lot of laughs.

This is probably going to sound silly but I thought bubble bobble was great. My cousin Steve and I spent a lot of time during summer vacation playing that one also. I remember thinking how great it was to be able to write down the passwords and get back to the level you couldn't beat.

Last I would have to say Battlefield 1942. This reminds me of some great week nights my freshmen year in college. A good number of people on my hall started playing the multi-player. It was a great way to avoid school work and studying. We would all open our doors and heckle each other when someone got a kill. This was also a game that made me gain interest in games again as well as pc gaming in general.

As you can see most of my favorites are connected to time spent with friends or family.

CS: GO, like this game because this FPS game is awesome imo because of how fair the game is in weapons.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

FPS: Unreal Tournament

RTS: SC/SC2

RPG: FF9 or Baldur's Gate, undecided on that.

I do like newer games too I'm just too nostalgic :P

Purely in order of how much fun I've had with them:

1. Borderlands 2 (with mates)

2. Battlefield 3 (online with mates)

3. Pokemon Silver

Some seriously good times had in all.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

1. Garrys Mod

2. Pokemon Yellow

3. Super Mario World

System: AMD Phenom II 965 BE, 8GB Mushkin Sliverline, Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3, Fractal Designs Core 1000, 500GB Seagate Barracuda, Corsair TX750W, Zalman CNPS5X (awful cooler), and a GTx 560 1GB.

Counter Strike

Core - EVGA Classified 3 | i7 980x | 12GB Corsair Dominator GT | Lian Li P80 | Corsair 128 Neutron GTX | 2 x WD 500gb Velociraptor | Asus Xonar Xense | 2 x EVGA 590 | Enermax Platimax 1500

Water Cooling - Alphacool NexXxos 360 Monsta | TFC 360 | Alphacool D5 Vario | Alphacool 250 Tube res | EK Supreme HF Nickle Plexi | 2 x EK Nickle Plexi 590 WB | Aquaero 5 XT

Forza Motorsport 1 & KoToR 1

Spent way to much time playing forza and eventually lead to competing in tournaments for WCG & CGS for various games but mostly racing ones and traveling all over

Final fantasy 7, my first jrpg it also have a great story and the graphics where amazing when it was released.

Also crash bandicoot.

I7 4770K - @4.5Ghz  |  Be quiet Dark Rock Pro 3  | Asus Maximus VII Ranger Z97  | Kingston Genesis 8GB | Be quiet Power Zone 750w   | Sapphire R9 Fury X |  Sandisk SSD 120Go + WD Green 1TB 7200 rpm | Nzxt Phantom 410

battlefield 3

counter-strike

black ops 2

My PC Specs is:
i7 3930k @ 4.1ghz, 16gb 2133mhz rams running at around 2000mhz, 256gb ocz agillity3 ssd x2 raid 0 stripe 128kb, EVGA GTX 780 3GB GDDR5 SLI, ocz 1250w psu, asus p9x79deluxe motherboard, Cooler H100i
Windows 8 x64 PRO

CS: GO, like this game because this FPS game is awesome imo because of how fair the game is in weapons.

Mate CSGO is nothing compared to 1.6

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

1 - James Bond Nightfire

2 - WCW/NWO Revenge (N64)

3 - Red Orchestra - Just played it for the first time and I love it, makes battlefield 3 seem unrealistic