Intel Core i7-7740K overclocked upto 7.5Ghz making a new record

RareStinkFangs

Pretty sure the FX8320(or it may be 8350) holds the record at something like 8.2ghz

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

1 minute ago, RKRiley said:

Pretty sure the FX8320(or it may be 8350) holds the record at something like 8.2ghz

http://hwbot.org/submission/2655720_smoke_cpu_frequency_fx_8320_8553.25_mhz

Since FX doesn't have a cold bug Liquid Helium is actually viable. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

2 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

It broke the record of the I7 7700k not the 8350

3 minutes ago, RareStinkFangs said:

Its ok but its a 7700k on a better chipset

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

1 minute ago, DildorTheDecent said:

http://hwbot.org/submission/2655720_smoke_cpu_frequency_fx_8320_8553.25_mhz

Since FX doesn't have a cold bug Liquid Helium is actually viable. 

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

8.429 ghz 

Thought it was only low 8's that it got to. Didn't realise it was mid 8's :P 

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Just now, Billy_Mays said:

It broke the record of the I7 7700k not the 8350

Yes but the title is rather vague about which records it broke.

Just now, RKRiley said:

Yes but the title is rather vague about which records it broke.

Yeah thats the problem

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

Just now, RKRiley said:

Thought it was only low 8's that it got to. Didn't realise it was mid 8's :P 

Well... Overclocking shotens the lifespan of a component so how long do u guys think a processor or gpu will last after overclocking?

1 minute ago, RareStinkFangs said:

Well... Overclocking shotens the lifespan of a component so how long do u guys think a processor or gpu will last after overclocking?

Under LN2? Hardly shortens at all as long as proper procedures are followed. 

You can't just pump max volts and go all the way down to -190C or beyond. You have to work in steps. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

5 minutes ago, RareStinkFangs said:

In extreme overclocking like this i dont think anyone knows, it'd be too expensive to run the chips continuously under LN2 cooling to see when they die.

In general though when on air/water, it doesn't shorten them by much as long as the voltages and temps are kept in safe limits.

Be more impressive if Ryzen could do 4.2Ghz on big air or water lol

1 minute ago, Mooshi said:

Be more impressive if Ryzen could do 4.2Ghz on big air or water lol

But, Ryzen provides more cores as compared to Intel's lineup of processors... Gamers will go with Intel but cheap gaming builds will rock with Ryzen

A useless CPU overclocked using a useless method. Sure it's fun to do extreme overclocking, but what's the point?

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

12 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Under LN2? Hardly shortens at all as long as proper procedures are followed. 

You can't just pump max volts and go all the way down to -190C or beyond. You have to work in steps. 

I would assume cooling would be become prohibitively expensive even compared to additional cores and programmer time.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

14 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

In extreme overclocking like this i dont think anyone knows, it'd be too expensive to run the chips continuously under LN2 cooling to see when they die.

In general though when on air/water, it doesn't shorten them by much as long as the voltages and temps are kept in safe limits.

Isn't there a case with a refrigerator system in the bottom of it that get cpus extremely cool ? I remember linus doing a build with it way back

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

4 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

I would assume cooling would be become prohibitively expensive even compared to additional cores and programmer time.

LN2 is quite cheap. Some US prices charge around $1.25/L. 

Storing it and fighting condensation is the hard part. 

4 hours ago, XenosTech said:

Isn't there a case with a refrigerator system in the bottom of it that get cpus extremely cool ? I remember linus doing a build with it way back

Phase change cooling. A bit like a fridge or fridges in series iirc

1 hour ago, Tedny said:

wait, Record of what? 

Overclocking... -_-

Uhh it is actually Andre Yang who has the worlds highest overclock, it wasn't submitted to hwbot:

https://valid.x86.fr/lpza4n

Even for the ones that have been submitted to hwbot the ones you guys have posted aren't it even xD

https://hwbot.org/benchmark/cpu_frequency/halloffame

The Stilt's FX-8730 hit 8.7GHz on all 8 cores.