Need Help! VRAM problem? GTX 1060 freezes on object load - black textures

hello

i have feeling that something is wrong.

1. when i bought asus 1060 turbo, then i had 1-2s freezes with 2-3 MMO game clients and later black screen

2. i upgraded my other parts as well: i7 7700, asus prime Z270-K, DDR4-2132 16gb single 1.2v, EVGA 650W supernova 80+ gold

but in MMO games i still have ~0.5s freezes when new objects loads in open world map

i made some benchmarks like 3Dmark, but there was any problem, only in Heaven benchmark i found that it is freezing too and as you see in screenshot min fps is 9

during benchmark i had 71C temp and 72% fan speed and benchmark software is installed on Kingstone 120GB SSD with Windows 10 which was upgraded from windows 8.1 (i dont know why benchmark shows windows NT 6.2)gpu_test.jpg.fa970dece306f8517c2e7797eeda0c84.jpg

in Revelation online ~120ms

in Moonlight blade ~350ms

in Age of Wushu RU server ~30ms, but on EU server i had 50-250ms and had 1-2s freezes when 1 client was on ultra and 2 other clients on minimum settings

not sure if that problem gone forever, but seems turned off "Shared cache" reduced freezes to 90%, now almost none freezes on objects load

here is video with old PC parts and GTX 1060 

this game EU server is closed and i stopped play it

but i am checking Moonlight blade on CN server and seems similar problem is there as well

i was checking this game ~2years ago with Radeon R9 270 and didn't had any problem like this

also i can't ask on MB forum, if some1 else has same problem because i don't speak Chinese, i am only doing auto path quests and simple things :)

Nobody has any idea why textures are becoming black?

I had it happen with an unstable overclock. Either raise the power limit or downclock your card a little bit. Also in nvidia panel, change power management to adaptive or performance.

Core i7 7700k Kabylake stock + Kraken x52 | ASUS Z170-A | 8GB DDR4 2133MHz HyperX | ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 STRIX 6GB | 250GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB HDD WD RE4 | Seasonic X-Series 650w | Corsair 460x RGB  | Win 10 Pro 64 bit | Corsair M65 PRO RGB Mouse | Corsair K70 RGB RapidFire

in nvidia settings i have power management as performance and i tried to use default clock settings too

now i have +170 GPU clock and +550 memory clock...

i tested this in some benchmarks and it didn't crash, but in games i have feeling that still somethings is wrong, because in games where whole map and objects are loaded, then everything works fine, like in World of Tanks

but in MMO open world i can see stutters and freezes + as you see in videos sometimes black textures

gpu-z.gif

1 hour ago, xGGAx said:

I had it happen with an unstable overclock. Either raise the power limit or downclock your card a little bit. Also in nvidia panel, change power management to adaptive or performance.

hmmm maybe you are right... i just tried make downclock and there is no black textures anymore

but im not sure if that is worth to keep on these settings

downclock.jpg

1 hour ago, Maozi said:

hmmm maybe you are right... i just tried make downclock and there is no black textures anymore

but im not sure if that is worth to keep on these settings

downclock.jpg

set everything but the power limit to stock. Something like 110% will do and run some benchmarks. A few cards have issues with gpu boost for some reason. 

Core i7 7700k Kabylake stock + Kraken x52 | ASUS Z170-A | 8GB DDR4 2133MHz HyperX | ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 STRIX 6GB | 250GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB HDD WD RE4 | Seasonic X-Series 650w | Corsair 460x RGB  | Win 10 Pro 64 bit | Corsair M65 PRO RGB Mouse | Corsair K70 RGB RapidFire

yes already did 110%, because when i ran benchmark, then i saw that power caped 100% and gpu-z showedPerfResCap: Pwr 

with 110% when im running benchmark, then it goes up to 103% even with -9MHz for GPU and memory clock

i am thinking if i can return this GPU to seller, because it is not able to overclock :/

7 minutes ago, Maozi said:

yes already did 110%, because when i ran benchmark, then i saw that power caped 100% and gpu-z showedPerfResCap: Pwr 

with 110% when im running benchmark, then it goes up to 103% even with -9MHz for GPU and memory clock

i am thinking if i can return this GPU to seller, because it is not able to overclock :/

Not all cards can overclock as good as others . Turn the fan curve up and power and let the gpu boost do it's thing. 

6 minutes ago, DDR69 said:

Not all cards can overclock as good as others . Turn the fan curve up and power and let the gpu boost do it's thing. 

i have user define fan speed

fan.jpg

I guess you could try to rma the card. If you got it on newegg or amazon they will honor the warranty. Other sellers might not do it, they consider overclocking as user modification. Contact asus and tell them the card is barely stable at stock.

44 minutes ago, xGGAx said:

I guess you could try to rma the card. If you got it on newegg or amazon they will honor the warranty. Other sellers might not do it, they consider overclocking as user modification. Contact asus and tell them the card is barely stable at stock.

ok ty

i am not sure, but seems like it isn't overclock problem, i tried to change some Nvidia control panel settings and when i restore to Nvidia default setting, then in Moonlight blade no more black textures.

maybe it was Ambient Occlusion "On" or Texture filtering - Negative LOD bias "Clamp" settings