Keyboard LEDs

beeny

So i have a CM storm TK and ahve changed the switches from red to blue and in doing so i saw that the LEDs are easy to replace, are there any good combinations with different coloured leds that i could have to change up the look of my keyboard as i am a bit bored of the red and black scheme that doesnt really fit with the rest of my build

34_f1eff15c758e43649996c207c268f6d4_1450827566.jpg

Well you could swap the reds out for any other single colour LED I suppose.  White, Blue, purple, green, etc. whatever you can find.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Well you could swap the reds out for any other single colour LED I suppose.  White, Blue, purple, green, etc. whatever you can find.

im noy very creative any suggestions

Just now, beeny said:

im noy very creative any suggestions

well, what colour do you like?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

well, what colour do you like?

blue or white i guess would fit best as my case is white and my mouse is blue but i like purple

Just now, beeny said:

blue or white i guess would fit best as my case is white and my mouse is blue but i like purple

well any of those would be good then, just pick one and swap out the red leds for the new ones.  make sure they're the same size and resistance, etc.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

well any of those would be good then, just pick one and swap out the red leds for the new ones.  make sure they're the same size and resistance, etc.

where can i check their resistance

wait just remembered i have a multimeter

Just now, beeny said:

where can i check their resistance

probably not a measurement you'll find on any spec sheet tbh, you'd have to measure them yourself.  Thing is, they're diodes, so that might not be as simple as taking a single reading "in a vacuum"

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

probably not a measurement you'll find on any spec sheet tbh, you'd have to measure them yourself.  Thing is, they're diodes, so that might not be as simple as taking a single reading "in a vacuum"

thanks will look into it

9 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

stock-vector-fading-pixel-pattern-blue-ahow could i do something like this

5 hours ago, beeny said:

how could i do something like this

Like, a tiled pattern?  I guess you'd swap some with blues and some with whites, increasing the white:blue ratio as you move downward.