GAMING at 16K RESOLUTION?? - HOLY $H!T

56 minutes ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

@LinusTech

I know TV'S aren't designed for PC gaming, but could the same thing be done with 65 inch 4K TV'S? 

you would have to have a wall measuring no less then 19' wide and 11' tall capable of supporting 750ish pounds of weight (not counting the wall mounts themselves) based off of the LG 65EF9500 OLED 4k TV, because go big or go home. I say you would probably need to go with teh W7 and build it out on a false wall so you could have some where to hide all the base units and be far more seamless looking.

25 minutes ago, 19_blackie_73 said:

where did they film this? do they have another location? didn't look like the usual warehouse and wtf is that for a car in the background? :D@Slick@LinusTech@CPotter@nicklmg

same place they filmed several other things, it's the space next door to the main LTT warehouse, they shot the Short Throw LG projector video there, they did a few Channel Super Funs there too, they are renovating the main warehouse so many of the sets are in construction.

1 minute ago, Daniel644 said:

same place they filmed several other things, it's the space next door to the main LTT warehouse, they shot the Short Throw LG projector video there, they did a few Channel Super Funs there too, they are renovating the main warehouse so many of the sets are in construction.

i see. didn't pay much attention lately what they are doing with their warehouse.

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

I know this is not the topic of the video but have you considered comparing performance to 16K downscaling to 4k? Does the system hold up or is performance actually way worse?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

Outstanding video, even by your super high standards! I love it when you re-purpose practical, professional grade technologies like Mosaic for your own unique brand of shenanigans.

you need to play cities skylines on that.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Seems like VRAM was a huge issue. I wonder how the new VEGA SSG (the one with built in RAID 0 nvme SSD's) would fare then. AMD are generally much better at multi monitor setups (like insanely better), but running 4 of those cards in xfire probably wouldn't work very well. SLI is probably better at that.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Al I have to say about is is that there is no need for nvidea Ansel anymore lol

So, when I saw the last video, I meant to log in and comment that I knew exactly what the problem was - most DisplayPort cables over 15ft will not run 4k, or will only run it @ 30hz, ymmv. I discovered this when I needed to run a 4k monitor from my studio's control room to a drum set 20 feet away (and through a wall) - I ended up compromising and using a 16.5ft cable with a slight bit of repositioning and extreme lack of slack/cable management.

Does anyone know if a legit 20-25ft DisplayPort cable that runs 4k at 60hz and doesn't cost a ton?

i9-13900k | ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | G. Skill 32GB DDR5 7200

MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | Alienware aw3423dwf

Lian Li o11 Dynamic XL ROG | ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO | ROG Thor 1000w Platinum II
Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB OS Drive | Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB x2 RAID 0 Game Drive

Guys, please tell me what is that Logitech mice Linus is using in this video? (I cannot find a similar looking mice on Logitech site) Also, what is his smartphone these days?

Thanks so much in advance!!

"Yeah, I actually can't underclock my 7-years-old GPU to be as slow as "next-gen consloeles"... #PCMasterRaceProblems" - Luke 

4 minutes ago, tecggst said:

logitech g403 wireless

Thank you, man! I'm one of those who's on G9 since 2007, then on G9x (Wide grip, Fingertip) till this day while constantly looking for the replacement in the last years. Bought a g303 a year ago and just couldn't get used to it fingertipping. I beat DOOM on Ultra-Nightmare with the G9x but I can clearly see how worse is the sensor in it in comparison with the g303's sensor.

"Yeah, I actually can't underclock my 7-years-old GPU to be as slow as "next-gen consloeles"... #PCMasterRaceProblems" - Luke 

9 minutes ago, Tequila628 said:

Thank you, man! I'm one of those who's on G9 since 2007, then on G9x (Wide grip, Fingertip) till this day while constantly looking for the replacement in the last years. Bought a g303 a year ago and just couldn't get used to it fingertipping. I beat DOOM on Ultra-Nightmare with the G9x but I can clearly see how worse is the sensor in it in comparison with the g303's sensor.

I use the G403 and love it. It has the same sensor as the G903 and a lot of the same base technology and performace. The difference is mainly in build quality and aesthetics (like some fancy weight saving features, additional swap-able buttons,infinity scrolling, etc).

If you can, I'd wait to see how the G703 ends up. It's basically the same mouse, with slightly better switches and logitech's new wireless charging tech (that is if you are willing to pay the premium for it).

4 hours ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

@LinusTech

I know TV'S aren't designed for PC gaming, but could the same thing be done with 65 inch 4K TV'S? 

Why. Would. Anyone. Need. That?

I would like to see this 16K setup run with AMD Vega Frontier Edition or one of their Pro cards to see if the "High Bandwidth Cache Controller" they keep talking about does anything to cope with the running out of memory problem.

You guys left out the Ultimate Epic Battle Simulator benchmarks -  I wanna see Chunk Norriss roundhouse kick 16K zombies in 16K xD

nvidia supports up to 8 gpus and two new sync cards. 

interesting to know if 9 x screen would not hit the limit.

Clearly, it was just too much for Dennis:

Screenshot (4).png

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Blue balls.. heh

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Suggestion for a video :

Find a lot of refurbished / used 20-22" 1080p LCD monitors with HDMI or DVI or even VGA but it would be more expensive (if you buy 32+ of them, you can probably get them for something like 30-40$ each).

Open the monitors and glue the LCD panels on some big board so that the edge between panels is basically just a few mm (the aluminum around the panels holding the backlights. (make sure there's some holes in the board for the LVDS cables from the panel and for the wires going to the backlights on the top and bottom edges of panels)

Find some DisplayPort / HDMI 2.0  to 4 x HDMI/VGA extender/splitter, to convert 4 K to 4 x 1080p ... you'll have a 4 K signal over 4 x 4 20-22" TN panels

Connect your 4K "clusters of 4 monitors" to video card to make a 16 wall monitor made of 64 tn panels or as many as you want. Use this instead of a projector.

Most of these cheap TN panels with fluorescent backlight use 3.3v , 5v and maybe 12v for the processor board and something like 20-24v for the backlight.

You can buy universal backlight drivers for those fluorescent lights so you can power the backlight from a power supply, the universal adapters accept 10-24v ... here's an example of such an adapter: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Lamp-Backlight-Universal-Laptop-LCD-CCFL-Inverter-10-28V-For-Screen-10-26-/172751510128

So you can replace the bulky low efficiency power supplies from all those monitors with a single ATX power supply to power the backlights from 12v of an atx psu , and you can also feed 5v and 12v and 3.3v to the tiny processor boards on those panels from another psu

It would be a bitch to adjust brightness and contrast to all monitors to be the same brightness but it's not impossible.. especially if you have some colorimeter or lux meter.

What's the point you may ask.. the point is price.  Yeah, you could get a 28" 4K panel for 300$ , and you could probably make a 4 x 4  4K wall of monitors but would cost 1200$ and you'd still going to have bevels, edges, ugly..... would it be cheaper to buy 16 x 20-22" monitors for 30-50$ each (so 120-150$ per 4K) and spend a few dollars for those 4K to 4 x 1080p splitters/extenders

And probably the thinner bevels/edges would also be a plus.

22 hours ago, RadiatingLight said:

WHY P5000s??

was it for the lols - 16K 16 Gigs VRAM or just big brother nvdia just said f*ck you, this is what youi get????

If it was just for the lolz im very dissapointed - from the last video it was obvious that 8 or 10 or whatever the XPs have aint enough for 8k so how did you expect it to run good games with 16 gigs on 16k????