GAMING at 16K RESOLUTION?? - HOLY $H!T

• 7 months later...

sorry for revive 

I understand proof of concept/showoff but main problem - its TOO BIG for normal desk - 16x 27" = 108" (with bezels will be even 110-115inch),

Will be a lot better to use 15,6 or even smaller 4K screens (for example 15,6" 4K can be bought on ebay for 150$ with controller)

16x 15,6"  will be about 65" total - so preety much TV sized screen and will cost only 2400$ ?

each screen consume 12W on 100% brightness and it can be powered by 12V (so 16x12 = 196W) 2x 6pin from pci-e or even ONE EPS 8pin connector

so no powerbricks/powercords mess, you dont have big ass 100kg desk for zilion $, etc

only problem is that you have to design own case/shell for that - but i think cost will not exceed 200-300$

probably I will build 3x2 system  bcoz or daily use i dont need more, and can be operate from ITX pc

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there I really liked this video. It gave me the motivation to solve it's issues. :P I'm a unity 3d developer working on a design for creating video walls like this. But with high performance.

I think 1 of the problems with the lag involved with 16k while gaming is that the game is trying to display at 16k which uses a lot of video memory.

And that's one of things I'm planning to solve. :P

So far I tested my solution with a 4x4 setup using 4k gaming monitors and the lag is no different than watching an 8k video on YouTube while gaming. Which is very minimal on a 1080ti. I can't wait to get more done with my software :)

I need to test more too for sure!

• 2 years later...

How you guys manage to synchronised all the PCs is going to display each of them?