Vertical GPU orientation - the sky's the limit

Walking_Corpse

So was browsing around MNPCtech's site as you do, looking for inspiration (and all the things my wallet says no to) and noticed he's made some new GPU mounting brackets that mount to a 120mm fan mounting (used on the Star Wars build recently). Got me thinking about how changing orientation of your expensive gpu is such a easy mod to show it off to full effect, and also a few ideas for next build (crossfired watercooled Polaris hanging from the top radiator mounts anyone?).

To me it's nice to have the option to put the gpu somewhere other than the pcie area and opens up some fun tubing routes. Not everyone's got access to a metalshop to repurpose pcie mounts (or wants to cut their $$ case up).

This giving anyone else tingles of inspiration? Front-mounted GPU for a VR-box maybe?

VERTICAL GPU MOUNT

How do you connect the cables?

PC: Case: Cooler Master CM690 II - PSU: Cooler Master G650M - RAM: Transcend 4x 8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz - MoBo: Gigabyte Z87x-D3H - CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5Ghz - GPU: MSI GTX1060 ARMOR OC - Hard disks: 4x 500Gb Seagate enterprise in RAID 0 - SSD: Crucial M4 128Gb

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S6

Man I love it, but it seems to demand modding your case?

Sure you can mount it on the exhaust or front.. But how do I attach the videocables without having to saw through the case?

Good thought, but I'm not sure this'll work for too many.

Mostly modders or people willing to literally saw holes in their case.

19 hours ago, LUUD18 said:

How do you connect the cables?

if you watch the video you would know.

you either have to cut the case, or if you go with stage 2 you can route the cable through a pci cover slot.

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

On 8/3/2017 at 5:40 AM, wildthing said:

if you watch the video you would know.

you either have to cut the case, or if you go with stage 2 you can route the cable through a pci cover slot.

Or if you have grommets for external water cooling like my fractal mini r2 , I'm sure you can pass a display port through it. 

Correct, Stage 2 GPU mounting bracket doesn't require any modification, but the mount will add  2-1/4" long (56mm),  so first measure the space in your chassis, to confirm that your card will fit with the  Stage 2 bracket 

all of the options are here, https://mnpctech.com/vertical-gpu-video-card-installation-mount/

17 years of helping you void your warranty

• 6 months later...