Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Anirban

Are Youtube reviewers trashcan dilettantes?

1 minute ago, Anirban said:

Apart from social media, a newspaper headline would allow you to know. I am not even a redneck. I'm a brownie from India. 

Yup. I don't read newspapers either though. I just geek out over PCs, Star Wars, Star Citizen, any other sci-fi-fi games/movies (Halo, Star Trek), listen to my music, play games, with YouTube videos about tech and stuff, go on the occasional hike or backpacking trip, work on my Star Wars costume, etc. I honestly know very little about politics stuff. I'm sure my dad does, he always keeps up on the news. 

If you wanna discuss the X58 platform and get tips and advice: General X58 Xeon/i7 discussion. If you want to discuss old Star Wars games like Battlefront II and KOTOR, check out my thread: Anyone still playing old Star Wars games? 

Long live his RGBness, @Damascus! And Fractal Design/SeaSonic dude, @Ordinarily_Greater is awesome as well! Also the man who introduced me to the glorious XCMR, @WhisperingKnickers.

X99 rig:

Spoiler

CPU: 5820K at 4.5-4.6Ghz, working on getting my OC 100% stable
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
Motherboard: EVGA Classified X99
Memory: 32GB (4x8GB) HyperX Predator 3200MHz DDR4
Storage: 120GB HyperX Savage SSD, 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm HDDs
GPU: Radeon VII
Case: Corsair Air 540, Black
PSU: EVGA 1000W G3

X58 rig: 

Spoiler

CPU: X5670 at 4.56GHz/1.5v for now, planning to push higher on that voltage

CPU Cooler: Heatkiller IV CPU block and custom loop with 360mm slim rad
Motherboard: EVGA Classified 4-Way SLI X58 motherboard
Memory: 24GB HyperX Savage DDR3 (Red). Running ~1600MHz 10-10-10-28 for now, it'll to 9-9-9-24 but I'm planning to push to 2000MHz, thus the looser timings. 

Storage: ADATA SU800 128GB SSD, HyperX Savage 120GB SSD
GPU: MSI Gaming X 1080 Ti 11G 
Case: Mountain Mods mobo tray, PSU mount off etsy, some rad mounting hardware and a board of plywood and such from Lowes. 
PSU: Corsair RM1000i

Laptop:

Spoiler

Clevo P750TM1-G
Random Celeron, 8700K died so I gotta get my hands on an i5 8400

16GB 2400MHz DDR4

GTX 1070

250GB 960 Evo, 2TB Seagate Firecuda, 1TB Seagate Barracuda Pro

Posted · Original PosterOP
15 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

Yup. I don't read newspapers either though. I just geek out over PCs, Star Wars, Star Citizen, any other sci-fi-fi games/movies (Halo, Star Trek), listen to my music, play games, with YouTube videos about tech and stuff, go on the occasional hike or backpacking trip, work on my Star Wars costume, etc. I honestly know very little about politics stuff. I'm sure my dad does, he always keeps up on the news. 

No no, don't think that I'm into politics. Makes me to puke. Just funnier things are happening in your nation's capital. That's all.

Hiking is the greatest medicine. I wanna go to the State's Gates of the Arctic, the landscape is insanely breathtaking I heard. Lake dist. in UK and New Zealand have that kinda panoramic view. Why don't you upload some costumes' photographs Zando? Would love to see! 

1 minute ago, Anirban said:

No no, don't think that I'm into politics. Makes me to puke. Just funnier things are happening in your nation's capital. That's all.

Hiking is the greatest medicine. I wanna go to the State's Gates of the Arctic, the landscape is insanely breathtaking I heard. Lake dist. in UK and New Zealand have that kinda panoramic view. Why don't you upload some costumes' photographs Zando? Would love to see! 

I haven't gotten very far. Just a pair of gloves, and the beginnings of a sniper rifle. Check out the Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club to see what I'm going for. They have some truly epic costumes. 

And yeah, hiking is awesome! I went for an overnight backpacking trip in the Smoky Mountains (I think, they're the mountains in Tennessee) with some of my fam. Beautiful, epic, but really hard on my feet and legs. Didn't help that I was wearing low profile super lightweight minimalist boots. I need ones with thicker soles. 

NZ is epic (been there when I was younger, but don't remember much. My mum is a Kiwi), and Alaska looks awesome as well. I'd rather go somewhere cold than somewhere hot. 

And yeah, politics is too confusing for me. 

If you wanna discuss the X58 platform and get tips and advice: General X58 Xeon/i7 discussion. If you want to discuss old Star Wars games like Battlefront II and KOTOR, check out my thread: Anyone still playing old Star Wars games? 

Long live his RGBness, @Damascus! And Fractal Design/SeaSonic dude, @Ordinarily_Greater is awesome as well! Also the man who introduced me to the glorious XCMR, @WhisperingKnickers.

X99 rig:

Spoiler

CPU: 5820K at 4.5-4.6Ghz, working on getting my OC 100% stable
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
Motherboard: EVGA Classified X99
Memory: 32GB (4x8GB) HyperX Predator 3200MHz DDR4
Storage: 120GB HyperX Savage SSD, 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm HDDs
GPU: Radeon VII
Case: Corsair Air 540, Black
PSU: EVGA 1000W G3

X58 rig: 

Spoiler

CPU: X5670 at 4.56GHz/1.5v for now, planning to push higher on that voltage

CPU Cooler: Heatkiller IV CPU block and custom loop with 360mm slim rad
Motherboard: EVGA Classified 4-Way SLI X58 motherboard
Memory: 24GB HyperX Savage DDR3 (Red). Running ~1600MHz 10-10-10-28 for now, it'll to 9-9-9-24 but I'm planning to push to 2000MHz, thus the looser timings. 

Storage: ADATA SU800 128GB SSD, HyperX Savage 120GB SSD
GPU: MSI Gaming X 1080 Ti 11G 
Case: Mountain Mods mobo tray, PSU mount off etsy, some rad mounting hardware and a board of plywood and such from Lowes. 
PSU: Corsair RM1000i

Laptop:

Spoiler

Clevo P750TM1-G
Random Celeron, 8700K died so I gotta get my hands on an i5 8400

16GB 2400MHz DDR4

GTX 1070

250GB 960 Evo, 2TB Seagate Firecuda, 1TB Seagate Barracuda Pro

24 minutes ago, Anirban said:

Apart from social media, a newspaper headline would allow you to know. I am not even a redneck. I'm a brownie from India. 

reading the thesaurus doesn't imply intelligence.   

1 hour ago, nerdslayer1 said:

reading the thesaurus doesn't imply intelligence.   

Never wrote that.

Even scholars get his/her papers peer-reviewed before publishing.

What do you expect from youtubers who have an upload schedule to rush?

16 minutes ago, mach said:

Even scholars get his/her papers peer-reviewed before publishing.

What do you expect from youtubers who have an upload schedule to rush?

Yeah. True. Tell me that. Published a paper..ufff. Heavy. 

5 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

I feel like beyond your point, you just wanted to use "dilettantes" on a thread title. 

A much underused turn of word in this day and age. Bravo good sir.

4 hours ago, Anirban said:

Says the one who commented- 'I like cars'.

3 hours ago, Zando Bob said:

Don't start a big personal attack war. He was just pointing out it's not the best idea to bash the mods on a forum, especially since most of them (all of them I've been in contact with) are reasonable and do a great job keeping the thread clean of clutter and junk. I know I've gotten into a massive debate and derailed a thread a bit, and the awesome mods went back through and cleaned it all up. If we didn't have them, this forum would be terrible. 

I've never made a comment here about cars... ? I think he mixed me up with someone else. I don't even care about cars so I don't think I've ever said that. I like mods though. LTT mods and Nexus mods. 

1 hour ago, Anirban said:

Never wrote that.

I feel you about being misquoted :(

Locked.

This thread isn't going anywhere and 90% of the replies are off-topic or nonsensical.

NiceHash Mining Guide

Ethereum Mining Guide

Spoiler

My Gaming Rig - Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO CPU: i7-8700 RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400(4x8GB) GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB OS SSD: 240GB Avexir E100 Storage: 1x 1TB Seagate PSU: Seasonic G650 OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bits Monitor: Acer 21in G205H + Lenovo 21in

The Community StandardsPSU Tier list | PSU Whitelist