Should I get star citizen?

MYX

I have no idea how to play it, and don't have a crew. But it looks like such an amazing and long developed and hyped game I've been looking at for years. I finally have the pc to run it (1070, r7 1700, 16gb) 

Can someone give me a extreamly basic explanation to what I'm supposed to do in the PU? I'm still comfused

thanks

22 hours ago, zMeul said:

if you want to waste your money on vaporware, please do

?

im pretty sure its not done and never will be lol

I didnt know it was made with lumber yard thats pretty cool 

Star Citizen is an open world type of game, so there are no game modes. Your free to do whatever you want sort of thing, explore, fight, trade, you name it.

However I'd wait to get into Star Citizen. Alpha 3.0 is just on the horizon, and it's basically a whole different game vs what Star Citizen is now (basically a demo). So wait until The end of this month to get into Star Citizen once Alpha 3.0 launches.

Ryzen 5 3600 | MSI B450 PRO CARBON AC | EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER XC ULTRA |
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Black Edition | Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x8GB 3200MHz |
Phaneks Evolv Tempered Glass | Seasonic FOCUS Gold+ 750W |
Samsung 960 EVO 250GB | 860 EVO 500GB | 850 PRO 256GB | Toshiba 2TB 7200RPM

22 hours ago, TechyInAZ said:

Star Citizen is an open world type of game, so there are no game modes. Your free to do whatever you want sort of thing, explore, fight, trade, you name it.

However I'd wait to get into Star Citizen. Alpha 3.0 is just on the horizon, and it's basically a whole different game vs what Star Citizen is now (basically a demo). So wait until The end of this month to get into Star Citizen once Alpha 3.0 launches.

okay! thanks for the info

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

if you want to waste your money on vaporware, please do

It's not vaporware. Do realize that CIG is making a game on a scale that no other game company on earth has even come close to doing. With something this amazing, expect very long delays. Sure it's annoying (heck i'm annoyed) but it's the consequences for delving into unknown territory.

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Black Edition | Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x8GB 3200MHz |

they have been "making" that thing for like 4 years now 

Current: R2600X@4.0GHz\\ Corsair Air 280x \\ RTX 2070 \\ 16GB DDR3 2666 \\ 1KW EVGA Supernova\\ Asus B450 TUF

Old Systems: A6 5200 APU -- A10 7800K + HD6670 -- FX 9370 + 2X R9 290 -- G3258 + R9 280 -- 4690K + RX480

1 minute ago, MaxCraft said:

I have no idea how to play it, and don't have a crew. But it looks like such an amazing and long developed and hyped game I've been looking at for years. I finally have the pc to run it (1070, r7 1700, 16gb) 

Can someone give me a extreamly basic explanation to what I'm supposed to do in the PU? I'm still comfused

thanks

Well right now it's just tooling around with the stuff they managed to get in until now.

Since there is little persistence as of now we basically just go ham and try stupid stuff like pushing asteroids around, stacking ships on top of another or trolling other players.

This usually ends up like this:

And since Gamescom is coming around I'd wait for that since they always had some deals going on during that

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.

Just now, MaxCraft said:

okay! thanks for the info

Your welcome. I'm personally a Star Citizen fanboy almost LOL. Love the game's future potential.

For news and updates, check out BoredGamer's youtube channel. He posts lots of updates on Star Citizen.

As with the above, I'd wait until 3.0's release. There should be a free flight where you can try the game for free around the same time.

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

25 minutes ago, TechyInAZ said:

It's not vaporware. Do realize that CIG is making a game on a scale that no other game company on earth has even come close to doing. With something this amazing, expect very long delays. Sure it's annoying (heck i'm annoyed) but it's the consequences for delving into unknown territory.

excuses, more excuses and yet a shit tone lots more excuses

how many times the dates have been pushed back? just recently your precious ALPHA 3.0 was pushed back and features cut from it - hello !!

it's like you beg to get scammed

2 minutes ago, zMeul said:

Ah yes, the elaborate scam where you hire 400 developers, start 5 studios, get an advanced mocap technology partnership, and actually work on the game! Brilliant, why didn't I think of this before. 

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

5 minutes ago, Hawx said:

Ah yes, the elaborate scam where you hire 400 developers, start 5 studios, get an advanced mocap technology partnership, and actually work on the game! Brilliant, why didn't I think of this before. 

like KickStarter isn't full with projects that got funded and never delivered - good god!

Just now, zMeul said:

like KickStarter isn't full with projects that got funded and never delivered - good god!

A scam is taking the money and running. A kickstarter scam is a project like ZNAPS that appears to work on the project but is really just padding for time to eventually run off with the money anyways.

If a project made due effort to complete itself with the resources it had available, then it's a failure, not a scam. 

SC is currently neither of those as it's being actively worked on. It's a massive project and massive projects have a lot of unknowns and take lots of time. Complaining online won't magically fix how fast CIG can pump out content. Be glad that CIG posts a production schedule in the first place so you're not left in the dark for months. 

8 minutes ago, Hawx said:

A scam is taking the money and running. A kickstarter scam is a project like ZNAPS that appears to work on the project but is really just padding for time to eventually run off with the money anyways.

If a project made due effort to complete itself with the resources it had available, then it's a failure, not a scam. 

SC is currently neither of those as it's being actively worked on. It's a massive project and massive projects have a lot of unknowns and take lots of time. Complaining online won't magically fix how fast CIG can pump out content. Be glad that CIG posts a production schedule in the first place so you're not left in the dark for months. 

why don't you tell the OP how much have you put in the game and how much CIG has gathered so far and since when? eh ...

Not worth it as for now, to begin with you need a high end (no FX) 8 cores processor, 980ti/1070 or higher GPU and 32gb of RAM only to meet the system requirements for the game and secondaly as @zMeul mentioned this game is extremely far from being any close to be finished in developing so your gameplay experience will be very limited.

Would wait for the official release here in a couple of years to see if this hype made any sense.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

3 hours ago, Princess Cadence said:

Not worth it as for now, to begin with you need a high end (no FX) 8 cores processor, 980ti/1070 or higher GPU and 32gb of RAM only to meet the system requirements for the game and secondaly as @zMeul mentioned this game is extremely far from being any close to be finished in developing so your gameplay experience will be very limited.

Would wait for the official release here in a couple of years to see if this hype made any sense.

A r7 1700 has 8 cores and 16 threads, destroying any fx or 6-8 i7 for price and performance, and a 1070 actually performs better than a 980,980ti in most modern games and beats the 980 in every one. As for ram That's just BS maybe do a little more research rather than pulling a random thread from this forum.

5 minutes ago, MaxCraft said:

And did you even read the first sentence?! Or do you just know nothing about PC parts

Welcome to the Star Citizen subforum, it's even worse here than over at console gaming.

This is the main reason everyone went over to Discord which you should totally join. Link in my sig.

Specs wise you're good for 1440p, but since CIG needs to work on threading you will rarely see more than 30fps in the PU. No amount of hardware will change that.

3.0 will bring some improvments but no numbers yet.

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.

14 hours ago, zMeul said:

excuses, more excuses and yet a shit tone lots more excuses

how many times the dates have been pushed back? just recently your precious ALPHA 3.0 was pushed back and features cut from it - hello !!

I've been paying close attention to this game and as far as i know features for 3.0 have only been added because they had time to add them since they ran into unforeseen problems which have been solved. 3.0 has gone into in-house testing and will be added to the PTU in 2 weeks. They are just polishing it now...

You say different, please tell me what was cut from this version, i really want to know.

ps. i dont expect you to say anything, since i know what you're saying is wrong.

I have no signature

14 hours ago, zMeul said:

They're pushed back because the devs are doing it right, and refuse to release the game or updates until bugs are worked out and it's playable, even if it hurts their rep. I'm sure they can take massive pride in their work, especially because they know they gave 110%. And it's because of the massive scale and mind boggling complexity  (read: awesomeness) introduced in Alpha 3.0 that they've run into a ton of bugs and are working their butts off to fix them. Unlike other studios that'll throw out a half-baked game to meet a deadline. 

As a disclaimer, I don't have SC. I'd like to, but I'd have to run it pst my dad and my hardware and 'net connection may struggle. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch