Coffee Lake Clockspeeds Leaked

magnumkobra
Just now, DeadEyePsycho said:

lol you posted that way before their source on Anandtech forums did

And people still don't believe anything I say about Coffeelake, lol. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

Hoping for some major improvements here but I doubt I'll be upgrading my 4790k anytime soon.

I still remember when people said Ryzen wouldn't bother Intel at all...

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

Still going Ryzen 7 on my next build, I need those 16-threads!

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X | RAM - 64 GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU - Nvidia GTX 1660 ti | MOBO -  MSI B550 Gaming Plus

1 hour ago, Master Disaster said:

Huh, that makes no sense whatsoever. The amount of cores a cpu has doesn't affect what socket it will fit in.

If Intel are sticking to LGA1151 and not creating a new iteration then it's the same socket and will be backwards compatible. Of course they could choose to deliberately not offer backwards compatibility but imo doing that would hurt them more than it would drive sales. As a Z170A owner I wouldn't buy a new board to use a SKT1151 CPU even if it did offer more cores.

It could only be available to specific chipsets though ( z270 only for example). Looking at when broadwell DT launched, it was only compatible with z97 boards, despite it using the same lga 1150 socket as z87, h81, b85 etc. 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

13 minutes ago, 2Buck said:

I still remember when people said Ryzen wouldn't bother Intel at all...

It really doesn't.  CFL being 6 cores has been planned for well over a year.  And design work was probably 2+ years ago.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

1 hour ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Yes, but they will not be backwards compatible with current 1151 boards, because they have 6 cores instead of 4.

damn slightly annoying. My sister just got her z170 board a half year ago.

1 hour ago, AnonymousGuy said:

It really doesn't.  CFL being 6 cores has been planned for well over a year.  And design work was probably 2+ years ago.

And lemme guess, Intel did x299 out of the kindness of their heart and totally had NOTHING to do with Ryzen.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

8 minutes ago, 2Buck said:

And lemme guess, Intel did x299 out of the kindness of their heart and totally had NOTHING to do with Ryzen.

Skylake-SP already existed.  All TR did was push a rebrand of some of those SKUs as Skylake-X parts.

Intel hasn't actually made any new silicon in response to AMD, it'll take at least another year to see any sort of response.  It's a good position to be in when you can still beat your competitor's best shot with stuff you already have in your pocket.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

3 minutes ago, AnonymousGuy said:

Skylake-SP already existed.  All TR did was push a rebrand of some of those SKUs as Skylake-X parts.

Intel hasn't actually made any new silicon in response to AMD, it'll take at least another year to see any sort of response.

That depends on what you call a response. I'd definitely call x299 a "response", and duh, they didn't make any new silicon because that takes ages. What they did do is take a bunch of existing xeons and consumer chips and slap them together on one fustercluck of a platform, basically just in attempt to steal some of the spotlight (which they did achieve). It was so rushed that it's pretty much impossible to deny.

So again, I'd say that definitely classifies as a response.

6 minutes ago, 2Buck said:

That depends on what you call a response. I'd definitely call x299 a "response", and duh, they didn't make any new silicon because that takes ages. What they did do is take a bunch of existing xeons and consumer chips and slap them together on one fustercluck of a platform, basically just in attempt to steal some of the spotlight (which they did achieve). It was so rushed that it's pretty much impossible to deny.

looks planned to me

https://www.overclock3d.net/news/cpu_mainboard/leaked_intel_roadmap_reveals_skylake-x_cpus_2017_release/1

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/skylake-x-will-be-launched-at-gamescom-2017.html

http://www.fudzilla.com/news/processors/42348-intel-skylake-x-and-kaby-lake-x-cpus-could-be-coming-in-q3-2017

http://wccftech.com/intel-x299-chipset-skylake-x-kaby-lake-x/

I see they still haven't learned to just unlock everything  -_-

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

No Z170, no party

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam

11 minutes ago, 2Buck said:

Right, but we're talking about CFL here and your original reply indicated you think CFL as a product is a response to Ryzen, when that isn't the case.  Sure Ryzen pulled release dates in but didn't change the fact that CFL was always going to be a 6 core.

X299 was also a fine platform.  Youtubers being youtubers need to overblow every minor issue as a "disaster" for dat clickbait views, Linus included.  If you only watched YT you'd believe that X299 doesn't overclock at all if you're not running LN2.  Such a joke.

4 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I see they still haven't learned to just unlock everything  -_-

So long as people pay a premium for value-adders, Intel has no reason to do it.  AMD would do the same but they're not a premium brand, so they have no choice but to "put it all out there" (which fucks their profit margins).

2 minutes ago, pas008 said:

those sources proves it wasn't all planned.

intel originally planned up to 10 cores on skylake X then bumped it to 12 after ryzen showed up and after Threadripper was announced they magicly poped up with 14, 16, 18 core skylake X parts.

intel-skylakeXbenchlife-2.jpg

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

1 minute ago, The Benjamins said:

intel originally planned up to 10 cores on skylake X then bumped it to 12 after ryzen showed up and after Threadripper was announced they magicly poped up with 14, 16, 18 core skylake X parts.

27 minutes ago, 2Buck said:

didnt you say x299 thats the whole platform now you back pedaling and saying not all planned?

1 minute ago, pas008 said:

didnt you say x299 thats the whole platform now you back pedaling and saying not all planned?

one that's not me.

but the 12, 14, 16, 18 core count CPU's from intel on x299 is a direct response to AMD Ryzen and Threadripper.

5 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

one that's not me.

but the 12, 14, 16, 18 core count CPU's from intel on x299 is a direct response to AMD Ryzen and Threadripper.

lol sorry

my bad at work too so easily preoccupied wasnt paying attention to names

oc3dn inquires about 12 and 14 cores but nothing higher

but still doesnt matter x299 is planned

2 minutes ago, pas008 said:

lol sorry

my bad at work too so easily preoccupied wasnt paying attention to names

oc3dn inquires about 12 and 14 cores but nothing higher

but still doesnt matter x299 is planned

well it did get 14, 16, 18 core parts and release 2 months early because of Threadripper.

11 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

well it did get 14, 16, 18 core parts and release 2 months early because of Threadripper.

speculation was q2 and q3

how isnt that on time?

3 minutes ago, pas008 said:

speculation was q2 and q3

how isnt that on time?

Board partners said that the original release target was August, and that they never knew about the 14, 16, 18 core part until it was announced.

der8auer mentioned it in his videos and expects better motherboards to come out around August due to that is when they planned all the boards to release.

30 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

Aaaaand thank you.

Yeah, the platform itself was planned, but that doesn't mean AMD didn't cause Intel to improve it, which they clearly did. Like you said, it went from 10 cores to 18 after Ryzen and TR. Think about it people... That's almost doubling the cores. They didn't just do that for no reason.

32 minutes ago, AnonymousGuy said:

Right, but we're talking about CFL here and your original reply indicated you think CFL as a product is a response to Ryzen, when that isn't the case.  Sure Ryzen pulled release dates in but didn't change the fact that CFL was always going to be a 6 core.

And yeah, I was wrong when I implied that AMD made CL a 6 core product, (which was actually dumb because now that I think about it they did announce that quite a bit ago) but those 6 core CPUs will most likely be cheaper than they would have been, and they will definitely be released sooner than they would have been. I mean, I'm not claiming I have special goggles that let me see into the future and see different timelines/multiverses where Ryzen never existed or some shit, but if you've been paying attention Intel is DEFINITELY taking notice to AMD. Hell, back in the day (even during the god awful P4 days) they pretty much avoided even acknowledging their existence. Now look at them, they even made a bullshit hit piece about AMD's EPYC CPUs.

And x299 being fine? Ehhhhh... Yeah, if you go for the really high end. Any lower and no, "fine" is the last thing that comes to mind.. Is it bad? No, but you should expect something better than "fine", "okay" or "good enough". It's a useless platform if you go for the low and medium end CPUs as you're not even getting all the features from your 400/500$ motherboard. That's just dumb.

2 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

Board partners said that the original release target was August, and that they never knew about the 14, 16, 18 core part until it was announced.

der8auer mentioned it in his videos and expects better motherboards to come out around August due to that is when they planned all the boards to release.

board partners you talking about the companies that have been copy and pasting their designs for few years

anyways I have read that too myself and they werent expecting quads but still if speculation was saying q4 i'd buy all of it

I dont take fud and wccf seriously but oc3n link sells me

14 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

tl;dr

i5 8400 6c/6t 2.8ghz - turbo 3.8ghz

i5 8600k 6c/6t 3.6ghz - turbo 4.1ghz and to infinity and beyond for overclocking

i7 8700 6c/12t 3.2 ghz - turbo 4.3ghz

i7 8700k 6c/12t 3,7 ghz - turbo 4.3 ghz and to infinity and beyond for overclocking

this will be my upgrade