Stuck on post screen with error code 64

Go to solution Solved by 3rrant,
1 minute ago, Sanchit_technogeek said:

yes, its stable! I am overclocking this time by changing the bclk for fine tuning, I guess that may be the problem?

Yes, it is likely that the problem lies on the voltage or frequency of your sata/usb controller. You could try, if you mobo has a separated one, to use USB connected to that one instead and keeping the OC on the CPU. Otherwise you have to reduce the clock or better tune the Voltage.

My pc is getting stuck on post screen with ROG logo along with an error code 64. I had my cpu overclocked ever since I built my pc but 2-3 days ago i increased the overclock slightly and since then I am getting this error(can't really say its because of that even after the increased OC it ran fine for a day). Though when I ran prime95 , aida64 and memtest everything was stable, this is something out of the blue.
I have figured a workaround by removing all my peripherals , it seems like after removing my mic (blue snowball ice) it boots up perfectly, also even if its connected and gets stuck if I quickly remove my mic it quickly loads the windows. not sure what's happening!

My Build:
 CPU - i7-4790k @ 4.7ghz (overclocked) at 1.328v
 Ram - 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 (overclocked)
 Motherboard - Asus Republic Of Gamers (ROG) Maximus VII Hero
 Cpu Cooler - Corsair H100i GTX Liquid cooler, Noctua NH-D15 Air cooler
 Case - Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5
 PSU - Corsair Rm1000 Gold Certified
 SSD - Samsung 850pro 256GB SSD
 HDD - 1x WD Black 4TB/256mb cache, 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD
 GPU - Zotac Gtx 1080Ti Amp! Extreme! edition
 Keyboard - HyperX Alloy mechanical_Cherry-MX RED (main) , Asus Cerberus (secondary)
 Mouse - Logitech G403 Prodigy (Main) , Razer Deathadder 2013(secondary), Logitech m235 wireless mouse (secondary)
 Mouse pad - Razer Gigantus (Main) CM-Storm Swift-RX (secondary), Steelseries Qck (secondary)
 Mic - Blue Snowball ICE
 Headphones - HyperX Cloud Core
 Monitor - Acer Predator XB271HU 2560x1440 144hz Gsync (Main), Dell S2216H 1920x1080 60hz (secondary)

3 minutes ago, Sanchit_technogeek said:

My pc is getting stuck on post screen with ROG logo along with an error code 64. I had my cpu overclocked ever since I built my pc but 2-3 days ago i increased the overclock slightly and since then I am getting this error(can't really say its because of that even after the increased OC it ran fine for a day). Though when I ran prime95 , aida64 and memtest everything was stable, this is something out of the blue.
I have figured a workaround by removing all my peripherals , it seems like after removing my mic (blue snowball ice) it boots up perfectly, also even if its connected and gets stuck if I quickly remove my mic it quickly loads the windows. not sure what's happening!

Is it USB or audio jack based? If the second, it might be a damaged audio circuit on the motherboard.

Just now, ErrantNyles said:

Is it USB or audio jack based? If the second, it might be a damaged audio circuit on the motherboard.

USB

My Build:
 Keyboard - HyperX Alloy mechanical_Cherry-MX RED (main) , Asus Cerberus (secondary)
 Mouse - Logitech G403 Prodigy (Main) , Razer Deathadder 2013(secondary), Logitech m235 wireless mouse (secondary)
 Mouse pad - Razer Gigantus (Main) CM-Storm Swift-RX (secondary), Steelseries Qck (secondary)
 Mic - Blue Snowball ICE
 Monitor - Acer Predator XB271HU 2560x1440 144hz Gsync (Main), Dell S2216H 1920x1080 60hz (secondary)

Just now, Sanchit_technogeek said:

USB

Is the system stable if you reduce your overclock or completely take it off? 

4 minutes ago, ErrantNyles said:

Is the system stable if you reduce your overclock or completely take it off? 

yes, its stable! I am overclocking this time by changing the bclk for fine tuning, I guess that may be the problem?,
one more thing I have noticed about the motherboard that while checking for overclock its takes 0.5 - 0.7 sec more than it took before completely starting up!

My Build:
 Mic - Blue Snowball ICE

1 minute ago, Sanchit_technogeek said:

yes, its stable! I am overclocking this time by changing the bclk for fine tuning, I guess that may be the problem?

Yes, it is likely that the problem lies on the voltage or frequency of your sata/usb controller. You could try, if you mobo has a separated one, to use USB connected to that one instead and keeping the OC on the CPU. Otherwise you have to reduce the clock or better tune the Voltage.

4 minutes ago, ErrantNyles said:

I'll tune the voltage a bit to check if that helps! 

My Build:
 Mic - Blue Snowball ICE