Building a PC in AFRICA

Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,

If you are going to go outside of your own country, shipping and import duties will be a thing, no matter where you buy. From US to Europe shipping something reasonable in size and weight is about $60. Shipping inside EU is $30 max. Shipping inside Finland is $5. Its all about distance and size of package.

Hi guys, I'm new here and was wondering if there were any members of LTT community from Africa. I just moved here fews months back and its been very difficult for me to ship components to build my PC. At some point, a $47 dollar cooler-master case (at amazon/us) was about to cost me $174, which includes shipping and custom duties. In short, my $500-$1000 budget pc could possible go up to $3000 if I were to go with the only option I have. And so guys, if there is anyone who could help me with a site or how to get Pc parts at affordable rates over here, I'd really appreciate it. By the way, below are pictures of my lovely Pc that I had to part with due to moving away.   

The_Racer[1].jpg

IMG_2188[1].JPG

The_Rig[1].jpg

If you are going to go outside of your own country, shipping and import duties will be a thing, no matter where you buy. From US to Europe shipping something reasonable in size and weight is about $60. Shipping inside EU is $30 max. Shipping inside Finland is $5. Its all about distance and size of package.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

7 hours ago, Vespertine said:

Africa is a big place dude, what country?

Nigeria. I know duties cannot be avoided. I'm just looking for any other options in Africa or Asia where I can cut the cost. 

1 hour ago, umarmn said:

Nigeria. I know duties cannot be avoided. I'm just looking for any other options in Africa or Asia where I can cut the cost. 

No offence, but a lot of places will not sell/ship to Nigeria because of the risk of scams/fraud etc so you might not have a lot of options.

Where in Nigeria?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

On 8/1/2017 at 11:05 PM, lee32uk said:

No offence, but a lot of places will not sell/ship to Nigeria because of the risk of scams/fraud etc so you might not have a lot of options.

None taken. I agree with you 100% on that. Quite disappointing to be honest. 

On 8/2/2017 at 0:54 AM, brob said:

Where in Nigeria?

Abuja.

1 hour ago, umarmn said:

Abuja.

Have you checked out the pc stores in Abuja? If you can find one or two that cater to pc enthusiasts they may have easier access to the parts you are looking for. Sadly I doubt they will be any less expensive, but you won't have to worry about actually getting the product.

18 hours ago, brob said:

Have you checked out the pc stores in Abuja? If you can find one or two that cater to pc enthusiasts they may have easier access to the parts you are looking for. Sadly I doubt they will be any less expensive, but you won't have to worry about actually getting the product.

Yeah, you're actually right. I just found some pc stores in Abuja, and discovered they had stuff like ssd, hdd, case fans and so many others. Unfortunately, there wasn't much in terms of graphics cards, gaming motherboards and CPUs. Only one store had a Nvidia Gt 630 at about four times the actual price.  

4 hours ago, umarmn said:

Yeah, you're actually right. I just found some pc stores in Abuja, and discovered they had stuff like ssd, hdd, case fans and so many others. Unfortunately, there wasn't much in terms of graphics cards, gaming motherboards and CPUs. Only one store had a Nvidia Gt 630 at about four times the actual price.  

GPU, motherboards and CPU are expensive items so many places try to minimize stock. One or more of these store may be able to order a specific part for you. Still going to be expensive. Sadly there is no easy way of getting around that.

30 minutes ago, brob said:

GPU, motherboards and CPU are expensive items so many places try to minimize stock. One or more of these store may be able to order a specific part for you. Still going to be expensive. Sadly there is no easy way of getting around that.

Yeah, will just have to accept that I guess.