Ex-Google VP: Android is the reason your phone takes worse pics than iPhone

smartphone cameras  

270 members have voted

1. 1. What is your smartphone?

2. 2. Are you satisfied with the pictures taken from your smartphone?

1 hour ago, Deli said:

If you were really into photography, you know certain types of photo are really hard to do with relatively wide lenses smartphone has. Even the so-called "telephoto lens" from is only 56mm equivalent. There is a reason why Canon, Nikon and the like have full range of more than 30 lenses for different types of photography. Good luck go birding, wildlife, sport or true macro(not close up) with your smartphone.

Yeah, sure, it's the skill of the photographer. Let's say a decent camera with the right lenses will make life a little easier.

p.s. can't stop laughing when read Apple calls 56mm equivalent "telephoto". :)

Wrote up a response then lost it.   Long story short.  Most users don't know what half the features/advantages of an SLR are for.  We are not talking about professional photographers who have to work in low light, strong background light or who are artist and do over exposure or long exposure scenes.  We are talking about everyday holiday makers and family pub visits.  For the most part today's phones are more than enough for the skills of the user.  The article is basically  BS.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

17 hours ago, mr moose said:

Yes but a great camera in the hands of a shitty photographer will result in crisp high resolution pictures of boring things. 

Sure Helps when i take pictures of Notes on paper or of some information i need to remember haha  Boring but useful. 

My pixel takes fantastic pictures.

Video quality is....lacking....

but photos are awesome.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015