The Steelseries Sensei has returned with a cutting edge optical sensor.

TrigrH

Source: https://steelseries.com/1?utm_source=SteelSeries+Official+Newsletter&utm_campaign

NFuECgn.png

We worked closely with Pixart to bring our expert knowledge of sensor technology based on gamers demands, to enhance the 3360 in areas that are required by pro gamers.

...advanced jitter reduction and custom SROM/firmware that increases sensor accuracy timing.

SteelSeries TrueMove3 sensor technology is the first to bring true 1-to-1 up to 3500 CPI, and above 3500 CPI we found the perfect balance of latency and jitter reduction to achieve 1to1 at those higher CPIs.

Silicone side grips, split trigger design, Omron 50 million rated mechanical switches, and matte finish are all new for the Sensei 310.

The ultra-durable, pro-tested polymer delivers a lifetime of use without signs of wear and tear.

Both mice are $69.99 USD

About time they released a Sensei with an optical sensor. 

Watch the crappy launch video here.

The launch vid is good for a LOL. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Other than Truemove 3 being a marketing joke.

336X sensor with custom srom and two shell variants is a nice touch. 

@Droidbot told me the Rival 100 is about to have a refresh as well

Sucks though its not rubberized plastic, and the shell is just plastic. Rip sweaty spaghetti palms 

Just now, Aytex said:

Other than Truemove 3 being a marketing joke.

336X sensor with custom srom and two shell variants is a nice touch. 

@Droidbot told me the Rival 100 is about to have a refresh as well

Yeah I just added that to the post, the rival 100 eh? in that case ill be waiting on that mouse :P

Already have a G502, so i'm good. But that video was great lol.

Current LTT F@H Rank: 90    Score: 2,503,680,659    Stats

Yes, I have 9 monitors.

My main PC (Hybrid Windows 10/Arch Linux):

OS: Arch Linux w/ XFCE DE (VFIO-Patched Kernel) as host OS, windows 10 as guest

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X w/PBO on (6c 12t for host, 6c 12t for guest)

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Mobo: Asus X470-F Gaming

RAM: 32GB G-Skill Ripjaws V @ 3200MHz (12GB for host, 20GB for guest)

GPU: Guest: EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ULTRA Host: 2x Radeon HD 8470

PSU: EVGA G2 650W

SSDs: Guest: Samsung 850 evo 120 GB, Samsung 860 evo 1TB Host: Samsung 970 evo 500GB NVME

HDD: Guest: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black w/ Tempered Glass Side Panel Upgrade

Other: White LED strip to illuminate the interior. Extra fractal intake fan for positive pressure.

unRAID server (Plex, Windows 10 VM, NAS, Duplicati, game servers):

CPU: Ryzen R7 2700x @ Stock

Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S

Mobo: Asus Prime X470-Pro

RAM: 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V + 16GB Hyperx Fury Black @ stock

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA G3 850W

SSD: Samsung 970 evo NVME 250GB, Samsung 860 evo SATA 1TB 

HDDs: 4x HGST Dekstar NAS 4TB @ 7200RPM (3 data, 1 parity)

Case: Sillverstone GD08B

Other: Added 3x Noctua NF-F12 intake, 2x Noctua NF-A8 exhaust, Inatek 5 port USB 3.0 expansion card with usb 3.0 front panel header

Details: 12GB ram, GTX 1080, USB card passed through to windows 10 VM. VM's OS drive is the SATA SSD. Rest of resources are for Plex, Duplicati, Spaghettidetective, Nextcloud, and game servers.

As someone that used to exclusively use the original sensei, and plays the game OSU!, which benefits from an accurate sensor (1to1 being the dream) I am intrigued.

Just watched the ad spot. I actually really like it. It's not really (for a gaming accessory advertisement) cringy, it's honest about the fact that if you're shit you'll still be shit and it doesn't circlejerk maximum DPI. Also, do my eyes decieve me? Seems like the ad is running at 60FPS????

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

Alright. Going to be honest: I don't like the mouse, but I almost bought one just now because of that launch video. Currently rocking a Roccat Leadr and their marketing is so cringy I almost bought a logitech g502.

Please quote or mention me if you would like a timely reply. Thank you!

1 hour ago, Swatson said:

As someone that used to exclusively use the original sensei, and plays the game OSU!, which benefits from an accurate sensor (1to1 being the dream) I am intrigued.

Just watched the ad spot. I actually really like it. It's not really (for a gaming accessory advertisement) cringy, it's honest about the fact that if you're shit you'll still be shit and it doesn't circlejerk maximum DPI. Also, do my eyes decieve me? Seems like the ad is running at 60FPS????

They do deceive you, it's 25fps.  

I'm guessing they just used some motion blur/interpolation to make it appear smoother.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

2 minutes ago, mvitkun said:

They do deceive you, it's 25fps.  

I'm guessing they just used some motion blur/interpolation to make it appear smoother.

It was only during the graphics/text so I wouldn't be surprised if they did something like that.

AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

Launch video shows SumaiL (A Dota 2 Pro Player)... I didn't know Dota 2 required insane amounts of precision to attack enemy creeps or heroes. (Maybe it does and I've been playing dota wrong all these years)

So a right-handed mouse and a ambidextrous mouse, where is the love for all the lefties out there? Is there seriously no one in the competitive scene that is demanding a lefty mouse? or do they not care? 

45 minutes ago, Marcel Kipka said:

So a right-handed mouse and a ambidextrous mouse, where is the love for all the lefties out there? Is there seriously no one in the competitive scene that is demanding a lefty mouse? or do they not care? 

if they didn't care ambidextrous mice wouldn't exist, no company is going target left handed people with a high end gaming mouse its like a niche in a niche.  

1 hour ago, TrigrH said:

if they didn't care ambidextrous mice wouldn't exist, no company is going target left handed people with a high end gaming mouse its like a niche in a niche.  

zz-1308-leftorium.jpg

On a side note, what does 1:1 mean? Am not a mouse guy, so I don't really know (and the video really didn't help). Are current mice not accurate enough in that regard? I use a G403, and it feels quite accurate for competitive shooters, but if there truly is a more accurate mouse, I'd certainly be interested in trying it. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

now they just gotta fix their shaping and size. That bump the rival 300 had in the bottom right corner really screwed with me and it looks like the rival 310 also has that and I have always hated ambidextrous mice, so no sensei 310. One can only wish for a DA or a EC1-A shaped model :D

Though I know that some people really enjoy their shape and these are probably going to be great for them.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

20 minutes ago, MageTank said:

Are current mice not accurate enough in that regard?

They are accurate enough.

I use a G403, and it feels quite accurate for competitive shooters, but if there truly is a more accurate mouse, I'd certainly be interested in trying it. 

they claim its better, bit I doubt its anything significant:

Q0499xV.png

9 hours ago, Swatson said:

How about, you know, just getting a small draw tablet tho?... 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

They look very nice. Great extra enhancements for sensor as higher 1:1 range. 

I have G502 Proteus Spectrum using no weights and mouse serves me well. Also I use 2400DPI mainly for desktop and low in game sensitivity to compensate for good in game sense I require. Also, not putting mouse dpi to low or two high to evade potential pixel skipping. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Corsair K63 Cherry MX red | Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

why so ugly though?

can we have the original Sensei design?

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

6 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

How about, you know, just getting a small draw tablet tho?... 

Because not everyone wants to play the game on a tablet or a keyboard.

Still hate those grips.  thanks but no thanks.  Maybe this sensor will turn up in something else though?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Am I the only one that hates silicone grips? I mean, they're good for leashes and stuff, but not for mice. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Sensei is the best mouse I've ever owned. Period. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is.