Your thoughts for LTX 2017

NTDaws

So for anyone that attended LTX, what did you think about it, was it fun or could there be improvements for next year. I had the best time of my life!

The geek himself.

1 minute ago, Being Delirious said:

So for anyone that attended LTX, what did you think about it, was it fun or could there be improvements for next year. I had the best time of my life!

I hope for next year they go to different countries. Not everyone can go to Canada. So maybe the US and U.K. as that's where most viewers will be from. 

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700  

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070

MOBO: ASUS Z370-F STRIX  

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133MHz

Looked cool, but I didn't go. Just looked at your profile pic as well. How big are you? Linus looks tiny! (I'm pretty big myself, 6' 2" -maybe 3" now, IDK- 225+ lbs). 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Here is a third reply from a person who also didn't go to LTX to annoy you. 

It looked like a fun event

So I have good thoughts

10 minutes ago, EvilCat70 said:

I hope for next year they go to different countries. Not everyone can go to Canada. So maybe the US and U.K. as that's where most viewers will be from. 

It's too expensive maybe in 3-5 years they will do that. Linus told me they weren't ready for that yet.

The geek himself.

i think they should upgrade the prize i won from a ps/2 Dell OEM to a K95 RGB

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

2 minutes ago, themctipers said:

i think they should upgrade the prize i won from a ps/2 Dell OEM to a K95 RGB

3 minutes ago, Being Delirious said:

It's too expensive maybe in 3-5 years they will do that. Linus told me they weren't ready for that yet.

Eh delirious did u see me? I was wearing Chelsea FC. Got my HyperX alloy FPS signed by everyone and BSMODS

18 minutes ago, Daniel Z. said:

Eh delirious did u see me? I was wearing Chelsea FC. Got my HyperX alloy FPS signed by everyone and BSMODS

I did!

The geek himself.

i have to say every LMG employee is much smaller in person (at least compared to what I thought how tall they were)

overall I liked it, but I wish it had more stuff to do. I think being there for 6 hours, you run out of stuff to do pretty quickly (which is why I challenged Edzel numerous times at CS:GO).

Obviously, space is an issue and this was their first event, I still thoroughly enjoyed it. But going forward, if they ever look to expand it, I think more PC stations could be great, make it a little bit of a LAN event where people can compete with one another. I believe they had 10 razer laptops set up or so for overwatch and then the 4 CS:GO pcs. If they expanded that to 20-25 total I think that'd be great. 

other station ideas include: merch shop (they had laptops set up where you could order stuff from, but I wish I couldve bought stuff on-site to circumvent shippinh time and costs), more carnival-ish activites. You could knock down cans, but how about shooting targets w/ nerf weapons, maybe an RC car race.

What I think couldve been cool, and not sure how feasible that is, to record a Channel Super Fun video on-site. I know they did, but what if there was an actual Channel Super Fun like activity, just with a crowd and maybe 1-2 viewer participation. Some of the past ideas (ikea race, chair race, burger competition) could also have worked as stations maybe. But for all I know they thought about all of these ideas and had to shut them down for various reasons.

Overall a cool concept and it was a lot of fun to attend. The VIP tour was a lot of fun as well and it was very cool to just talk to linus and luke and the others even as well and I hope they continue hosting these. I hope I can attend future iterations as well!

2 hours ago, Zando Bob said:

Looked cool, but I didn't go. Just looked at your profile pic as well. How big are you? Linus looks tiny! (I'm pretty big myself, 6' 2" -maybe 3" now, IDK- 225+ lbs). 

6'1 1/2 and I weigh 230

The geek himself.

1 minute ago, Being Delirious said:

6'1 1/2 and I weigh 230

So you're about my size. I never noticed how small Linus is. I knew he was wiry, but it didn't occur to me he's that short. I suppose Luke is about the only "tall" person in the office though. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

3 hours ago, Being Delirious said:

Awesome man, happy you enjoyed yourself :D overall it was a ton of fun, very stressful for some of us (technical difficulties are always fun and the audio setup that the event forced us to use was absolute trash), but it was awesome seeing so many members of the community get together and hang out.

3 hours ago, EvilCat70 said:

That's definitely more of a 3-5 year plan than a "next year" thing. If this event continues to grow in Canada and we reach a large capacity then we'll look to expand.

1 hour ago, Skim said:

i have to say every LMG employee is much smaller in person (at least compared to what I thought how tall they were)

overall I liked it, but I wish it had more stuff to do. I think being there for 6 hours, you run out of stuff to do pretty quickly (which is why I challenged Edzel numerous times at CS:GO).

Obviously, space is an issue and this was their first event, I still thoroughly enjoyed it. But going forward, if they ever look to expand it, I think more PC stations could be great, make it a little bit of a LAN event where people can compete with one another. I believe they had 10 razer laptops set up or so for overwatch and then the 4 CS:GO pcs. If they expanded that to 20-25 total I think that'd be great. 

other station ideas include: merch shop (they had laptops set up where you could order stuff from, but I wish I couldve bought stuff on-site to circumvent shippinh time and costs), more carnival-ish activites. You could knock down cans, but how about shooting targets w/ nerf weapons, maybe an RC car race.

What I think couldve been cool, and not sure how feasible that is, to record a Channel Super Fun video on-site. I know they did, but what if there was an actual Channel Super Fun like activity, just with a crowd and maybe 1-2 viewer participation. Some of the past ideas (ikea race, chair race, burger competition) could also have worked as stations maybe. But for all I know they thought about all of these ideas and had to shut them down for various reasons.

Overall a cool concept and it was a lot of fun to attend. The VIP tour was a lot of fun as well and it was very cool to just talk to linus and luke and the others even as well and I hope they continue hosting these. I hope I can attend future iterations as well!

SHHH DON'T TELL ANYONE HOW SHORT WE ARE IT'S A SECRET. :ph34r:

Great feedback. This event was planned and executed in a matter of like 2 months, so we certainly hit some limitations. The brands that were able to make it out and support in such a big way are HEROES and deserve a ton of praise - we did not give them much time to plan and both ASUS and Razer provided awesome experiences for the community that put a unique spin on the event and provided some good entertainment value. (and of course the others did as well, but they were the more gaming-focused booths)

Merch store is tough as we'd have to pre-buy everything in bulk, and leftover inventory is incredibly difficult to move as we do all of our normal shirt sales on a print-to-order basis.

We chatted this morning about the event as a team and I think it's safe to say that next year's event will be way bigger and way better than this year. Can't wait :D 

@nicklmg I've only saw you through the Vega video you guys put out. 

YOu looked a lot more relaxed than I remembered.... normally when you appear in video you looked pissed.... 

Or your work stresses you out... 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

12 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

@nicklmg I've only saw you through the Vega video you guys put out. 

YOu looked a lot more relaxed than I remembered.... normally when you appear in video you looked pissed.... 

Or your work stresses you out... 

I'm just generally an asshole.

3 hours ago, nicklmg said:

Merch store is tough as we'd have to pre-buy everything in bulk, and leftover inventory is incredibly difficult to move as we do all of our normal shirt sales on a print-to-order basis.

A suggestion: maybe shipping could be negated if they ordered merch at the booth in the future? For the fans that came from around the world, they paid a lot of shipping get themselves there :P

A small but big improvement to help organize the layout of the event would be more stanchions, preferably at every booth. Some of the lines stretched out in unconventional directions and it was a bit hard to tell what line was for what, or if there was even a line at all (people seemed to just be crowded around a booth). 

Can't wait to see what the next LTX brings!

On 7/31/2017 at 4:24 PM, KLee said:

A small but big improvement to help organize the layout of the event would be more stanchions, preferably at every booth. Some of the lines stretched out in unconventional directions and it was a bit hard to tell what line was for what, or if there was even a line at all (people seemed to just be crowded around a booth). 

Can't wait to see what the next LTX brings!

Yep we used all of the stanchions that were provided :( just a lack of resources in some ways. Hope next year is even better :) 

On 7/31/2017 at 3:34 PM, nicklmg said:

Maybe you could sell leftover inventory as signed, same for the ones you sell at the event. Probably be easier to get people to buy them.

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270