How was LTX?

LienusLateTips
13 hours ago, kawika219 said:

I went to the event with my gf and a buddy of mine and we're the "nearing 30" crowed (as much as we don't want to admit it).

We all agreed the experience was a blast! People of all ages and walks of life attended, and yes, there were the little ones. Yeah, there were kids running a muck fan-boying over everything, yelling out to Linus while he's on stage, and trying to get all the swag they could. But you know what? They're allowed to have a blast too! I was commenting to my gf on how awesome of a time these kids are growing up in. I actually enjoyed seeing how hyped they were about the whole thing. I really wish I had opportunities like that when I was a kid!

While the booths were pretty cool (shout out to the BS Mods booth - I learned DIY watercooling ain't that hard!), most of my entertainment came from watching the LMG crew at work. The ambiance of the event was amazing. Being there was literally like being in the LMG world for a day (although, I guess that's the point). Just pure chaos and fun! I was seriously impressed by how the team handled the event. I've seen comments on how it could have been better, but let's be real here: it wouldn't be a true LMG event if everything went 100% perfect. When things don't go as planned, they figure it out and keep us entertained. Imho, that's part of the LMG charm.

The LMG team has my utmost respect. What you see in the videos, is what you get. They interacted with literally every person willing to approach them. They signed GPUs, case panels, banana suits and even sandals. 100% down to Earth, humble and very appreciative of their fan base and I've personally never seen anything quite like it. 

10/10 - Would make the 5 hour drive to Canada and endure a 2 hour wait at the US Border re-entry (apparently my buddy shares the exact name and birthday of some very wanted people in the US - makes me wonder how we even made it in to Canada). 

Glad you liked our simple demo! 

Rod 

----------

BSMods.com

Facebook

Youtube

11 hours ago, KLee said:

A friend and I shot a short recap video of LTX, not too much of Linus and the team in there, but we wanted to show all the activities that the convention had for us fans to enjoy!
Big thanks to the LMG team, I know next year's event can only be bigger and better.

Nice video!

Rod 

----------

BSMods.com

Facebook

Youtube

2 hours ago, Olaf_C said:

How many people showed up?

I think the final count of tickets sold was just over 900. I heard tickets scanned at the door total was just under 900 (surprising to me that some people purchased but didn't show up, maybe issues at the border or something).

When we planned it we were expecting something more like 400-500, so we were pleasantly surprised :D 

1 hour ago, DudeWazap said:

I wish I was able to go this year but living in Texas means I would have had to get a couple of days off. Some one else beat me to that PTO request first.

But I do plan on going to it next year. 

Do you think it will be a 2 day event next year? @LinusTech @nicklmg @Slick

I hope we can make it a 2-day event next year!!! We'll need a lot more contributions from brands in terms of products to show & activities, but we're hopeful that we'll be able to make it happen :D 

@nicklmg @LinusTech@SlickI was told that LEC was not very good to you guys, i would recommend maybe the Vancouver exhibition center next year, as it would give you more floor space and wont forget things that you asked for. it would mean a longer commute for some but if LTX gets bigger in size...

Also make A loot throwing Trebuchet to replace Dennis:)

Hopefully LTX occurs when I'm in canada next year or I'm going to miss it

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

I would like to go, but I'm not exactly 18 and I also live in Atlanta, so I can't imagine going to LTX anytime soon, to be frank.

It looked like fun and I would like to go when I'm able to.

Not exactly on topic, but will LTX ever be in the United States at all?

23 hours ago, rodrosenberg said:

Glad you liked our simple demo! 

Of course - I love interactive booths in which I can learn something and have a takeaway! I plan on doing a custom water cooling loop on my next build solely because the demo helped me realize that it's not as difficult as I thought it'd be. 

Perhaps for next year, LTX could have a few more DIY tutorial booths. Of the top of my head, I can only think of DIY cable sleeving but I'm sure there's more. Maybe even a PC Build-Off!