How was LTX?

LienusLateTips

Somehow I didn't go to LTX and I'm like an 40 minute drive from there. Here's a screenshot of Google Maps from the central train station.

1409c9f67a4f661290711e43b90c8dfe.png

How was LTX? What happened there?

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Vega Yes

Threadripper Yes

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

i won a free dell oem ps/2 keyboard 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

2 minutes ago, dezeltheintern said:

I had fun playing CSGO against the peoples.

LOL how many peeps did u loose to?

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

Just now, Abyssal Radon said:

Lol what? Was there a CSGO tournament going on there? 

There was a 1v1 booth for people to vs him

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

There were either an astonishing number of dickbutts and twelve year olds, or just a very vocal, follow-Brandon-and-Linus-everywhere minority of them.

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...

From what I have seen online it didn't look that great. It looked like a bunch of 12 years olds just sitting around in a stadium while Linus showed off some stuff and like Razer had a toaster, but either than that it looked lame.

Just now, Abyssal Radon said:

@Jrock ever seen Trailer Park Boys? The character J Roc "know what I'mean say'n" xD

Wtf really? What the hell is a dickbutt? Also that's a bummer that Linus and Branson had to deal with that shit, they should have done a age requirement at the event. :P

Yeah. To be clear it seemed to me like it still went well, and I would have liked to be there, but... yeah, kind of annoying.

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...

The live video they did of a part of it looked interesting, but makes me kinda glad I didn't blow a ton of cash to go to it. Good for a day out if travel wasn't too much effort. It looked like it was small enough you have a fair chance of interacting with many of the LMG crew at some point.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

50 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Vega Yes

Threadripper Yes

Intel no

Nvidia no

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

2 hours ago, Max_Settings said:

From what I have seen online it didn't look that great. It looked like a bunch of 12 years olds just sitting around in a stadium while Linus showed off some stuff and like Razer had a toaster, but either than that it looked lame.

Easy to judge an entire event based on a couple video clips, but that's not always representative of reality. Everyone always says that "it was just 12-year-olds" wherever we go but we actually saw an incredibly wide range of people in all senses, including age.

Think of it this way - when I was in my teens and went to concerts, I always wanted to be as close to the front as possible. These days I'd rather relax further back and enjoy the show in a different way. It seemed like this was a pretty prevalent mindset at the show.

Overall I think it was a ton of fun. I was running around like a maniac trying to make sure nothing crashed and burned (too badly, it is an LTT show after all... 9_9), but everyone that I spoke with said they had a ton of fun and are looking forward to next year's event. I know I certainly am.

Just now, nicklmg said:

Easy to judge an entire event based on a couple video clips, but that's not always representative of reality. Everyone always says that "it was just 12-year-olds" wherever we go but we actually saw an incredibly wide range of people in all senses, including age.

Think of it this way - when I was in my teens and went to concerts, I always wanted to be as close to the front as possible. These days I'd rather relax further back and enjoy the show in a different way. It seemed like this was a pretty prevalent mindset at the show.

Overall I think it was a ton of fun. I was running around like a maniac trying to make sure nothing crashed and burned (too badly, it is an LTT show after all... 9_9), but everyone that I spoke with said they had a ton of fun and are looking forward to next year's event. I know I certainly am.

Sorry about that Nick, I was kind of harsh sounding, I'm sure it was great, I'm waiting to see if you guys come out with a re-cap video or something.

14 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

Sorry about that Nick, I was kind of harsh sounding, I'm sure it was great, I'm waiting to see if you guys come out with a re-cap video or something.

We had shooters on pretty much the whole day, so as long as we got enough solid footage we'll have some kind of recap or vlog. We also did some Twitter livestreams that give a pretty good idea of what the event looked like in general (from an on-site attractions perspective).

5 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

We had shooters on pretty much the whole day, so as long as we got enough solid footage we'll have some kind of recap or vlog. We also did some Twitter livestreams that give a pretty good idea of what the event looked like in general (from an on-site attractions perspective).

ah, so perhaps things were dropped off-screen, outside of that Vega video you released :P 

There's still hope!

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 hours ago, Abyssal Radon said:

What the hell is a dickbutt?

you had to ask

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

As @nicklmg said, we have a ton of footage and will probably put something together ourselves, but in the interim, please enjoy this (somewhat shaky) fan video!

Also yeah, there were mainly 20-30 somethings in the audience. The couple dozen kids (bear in mind there were up to 1100 tickets available) tended to cluster together and near the front of the stage any time Linus was up there. No small percentage of those kids were dragged along by their parents, to boot!

Emily @ LINUS MEDIA GROUP                                  

congratulations on breaking absolutely zero stereotypes - @cs_deathmatch

John in Dennis' Periscope stream:
" Here at LTX two thousand and sixteen ".

Demoted :P

"If we can't laugh at the dead, we have no business killing people."

4 hours ago, nicklmg said:

You were killing it with the logistics management...or at least you looked really busy. Good job taking over for Dennis at the end there.

I'll be bringing my ten year-old next year, just to even out the demographic bell curve.

Thanks for all the info. I'll be sure to attend next year. 

I guess I'll just take the bus during rush hour on one of the busiest routes in the system...

DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE 30 SECOND FREQUENCY ON THE SKYTRAIN!

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

I went to the event with my gf and a buddy of mine and we're the "nearing 30" crowed (as much as we don't want to admit it).

We all agreed the experience was a blast! People of all ages and walks of life attended, and yes, there were the little ones. Yeah, there were kids running a muck fan-boying over everything, yelling out to Linus while he's on stage, and trying to get all the swag they could. But you know what? They're allowed to have a blast too! I was commenting to my gf on how awesome of a time these kids are growing up in. I actually enjoyed seeing how hyped they were about the whole thing. I really wish I had opportunities like that when I was a kid!

While the booths were pretty cool (shout out to the BS Mods booth - I learned DIY watercooling ain't that hard!), most of my entertainment came from watching the LMG crew at work. The ambiance of the event was amazing. Being there was literally like being in the LMG world for a day (although, I guess that's the point). Just pure chaos and fun! I was seriously impressed by how the team handled the event. I've seen comments on how it could have been better, but let's be real here: it wouldn't be a true LMG event if everything went 100% perfect. When things don't go as planned, they figure it out and keep us entertained. Imho, that's part of the LMG charm.

The LMG team has my utmost respect. What you see in the videos, is what you get. They interacted with literally every person willing to approach them. They signed GPUs, case panels, banana suits and even sandals. 100% down to Earth, humble and very appreciative of their fan base and I've personally never seen anything quite like it. 

10/10 - Would make the 5 hour drive to Canada and endure a 2 hour wait at the US Border re-entry (apparently my buddy shares the exact name and birthday of some very wanted people in the US - makes me wonder how we even made it in to Canada). 

A friend and I shot a short recap video of LTX, not too much of Linus and the team in there, but we wanted to show all the activities that the convention had for us fans to enjoy!
Big thanks to the LMG team, I know next year's event can only be bigger and better.