i cant get my watercooled pc pump to start up

After months of running into problems and still not having the compter start up i thought i found the solution to my pump not starting problem by hooking it up to my psu with a molex to 6 pin pcie cable instead of connecting it to my motherboard. I used the jump cable to the motherboard pcie cable to make sure my psu acts like its starting up and my pump is connected to the psu. But it still wont start pumping water?? (coolant) 

IMG_4327.JPG

IMG_4329.JPG

IMG_4330.JPG

IMG_4331.JPG

IMG_4332.JPG

IMG_4333.JPG

as you can see the pump is under the reservoire perfectly fine and part of the molex to pcie 6 pin adapter cable is shown. i plugged it into the peripherals section into my psu. my psu is a 850+ gold cert supernova from evga

and my motherboard is an x99 extreme 4 asrock motherboard. the pump fan is not connected to a cpu fan header its connected to a chassis fan header

someone please provide something im missing? i cant seem to find out why nothing will turn on?! im losing hope

2 minutes ago, chowderblue said:

After months of running into problems and still not having the compter start up i thought i found the solution to my pump not starting problem by hooking it up to my psu with a molex to 6 pin pcie cable instead of connecting it to my motherboard. I used the jump cable to the motherboard pcie cable to make sure my psu acts like its starting up and my pump is connected to the psu. But it still wont start pumping water?? (coolant) 

Try using another power supply yo see if it's a power issue and plug the fan connector into the CPU header to ensure it is getting a PWM signal. 

-Moved to liquid and Exotic Cooling- 

You've got the PWM header plugged into the board but nothing to send signal to it.

Edit:

Pull the PWM header off the motherboard, take a jumper (paperclip or something) and stick it in the green wire on the PWM header and then the other end goes into the red wire on the 4-pin molex.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

41 minutes ago, W-L said:

Try using another power supply yo see if it's a power issue and plug the fan connector into the CPU header to ensure it is getting a PWM signal. 

-Moved to liquid and Exotic Cooling- 

The power supply isnt the issue, at first i thought it was so i sent it in and got a new one. then after figuring out that didnt solve the problem i thought it was the motherboard, so i took my comp apart and replaced the motherboard. still not fixing the problem. And if i did put it into the cpu header would it even have power? the motherboard pcie cavle is not connected to the motherboard but its plugged into a jumper cable. Ill try it and update you

40 minutes ago, Lurick said:

You've got the PWM header plugged into the board but nothing to send signal to it.

Edit:

Pull the PWM header off the motherboard, take a jumper (paperclip or something) and stick it in the green wire on the PWM header and then the other end goes into the red wire on the 4-pin molex.

where is the pmw header??

Just now, chowderblue said:

where is the ple header??

PWM header?

It's the one with the blue and green wire on it, the one in Picture 3, pull it off the board.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

The power supply isnt the issue, at first i thought it was so i sent it in and got a new one. then after figuring out that didnt solve the problem i thought it was the motherboard, so i took my comp apart and replaced the motherboard. still not fixing the problem. And if i did put it into the cpu header would it even have power? the motherboard pcie cavle is not connected to the motherboard but its plugged into a jumper cable. Ill try it and update you

where is the pmw header??

CPU header is PWM enabled as said though you need to power the board for it to be enabled. However try just with it unplugged it should run the pump at a mid idle speed even without a PWM signal. 

33 minutes ago, W-L said:

CPU header is PWM enabled as said though you need to power the board for it to be enabled. However try just with it unplugged it should run the pump at a mid idle speed even without a PWM signal. 

IMG_4334.JPG

IMG_4335.JPG

IMG_4336.JPG

i just hit the power button still nothing. not sure what it is

33 minutes ago, Lurick said:

PWM header?

It's the one with the blue and green wire on it, the one in Picture 3, pull it off the board.

i just replugged that into the cpu fan header lol. After i unplug it what do i do?

i just replugged that into the cpu fan header lol. After i unplug it what do i do?

Please hold. Will get a picture to show you how it should look :) 

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Lurick said:

Please hold. Will get a picture to show you how it should look :) 

thank you

1 minute ago, chowderblue said:

i just hit the power button still nothing. not sure what it is

Well you need the whole system to be powered for the PWM to work but completely ignoring that and leaving it out of the equation just leave it unplugged the pump will works without it. Is the PSU providing power, try using an adapter and plugging in a fan to confirm that it is provide some kind of output.

4 minutes ago, W-L said:

Well you need the whole system to be powered for the PWM to work but completely ignoring that and leaving it out of the equation just leave it unplugged the pump will works without it. Is the PSU providing power, try using an adapter and plugging in a fan to confirm that it is provide some kind of output.

IMG_4337.JPG

28 minutes ago, W-L said:

the psu works and is proving output electricity. the pump is still not working. maybe its broken?? :( after retrnig my pau and buying a newmotherboard the last thing i want to do is buy a new pump

20 minutes ago, Himommies said:

I know this is dumb but is the PSU on

yes i just tested it again by plugging a fan into it using an adapter as the last guy suggested to make sure there is power. also the motherboard pcie cable is connected to a jumper to "re-enact" pressing the power button when i turn the psu on

Couldn't find one with the wire colors showing but basically green wire connects into the red wire on a molex connector. Other end of the molex connector will need to be powered by the PSU

785fIA4.jpg

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Himommies said:

I know this is dumb but is the PSU on

i am trying tofind ot if i fucked my pump up or if maybe my pump is plugged intothe wrong thing? i plugged my fan into my psu and it turned on fine bur i plugged my pump into my psu and nothing happened

the psu works and is proving output electricity. the pump is still not working. maybe its broken?? :( after retrnig my pau and buying a newmotherboard the last thing i want to do is buy a new pump

Unfortunately sounds like the case, I would take apart the loop and inspect the pump impeller to make sure nothing is obstructing it. 

2 minutes ago, chowderblue said:

yes i just tested it again by plugging a fan into it using an adapter as the last guy suggested to make sure there is power. also the motherboard pcie cable is connected to a jumper to "re-enact" pressing the power button when i turn the psu on

What Pump is it.Like exact model

My life

19 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Couldn't find one with the wire colors showing but basically green wire connects into the red wire on a molex connector. Other end of the molex connector will need to be powered by the PSU

:( ugh i dont have another molex to molex female adapter to do thatt

17 minutes ago, Himommies said:

What Pump is it.Like exact model

its from ekwb revo d5 pump

18 minutes ago, W-L said:

Unfortunately sounds like the case, I would take apart the loop and inspect the pump impeller to make sure nothing is obstructing it. 

ughhhh :( such a downer. and since this is my first build ever (not even counting the watercooling) and there have been so many setbacks my parents are thinking i dont know what im doing (which is true to somem extent but really ts not because i have No clue)

:( ugh i dont have another molex to molex female adapter to do thatt

In picture 5, shove the jumper connector behind the red wire instead :) 

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

In picture 5, shove the jumper connector behind the red wire instead :) 

Oh?? so behind a male conector i put a paperclip into the green wire of my pump fan cable and into the back of a red wite slot jnto a male molex?

Oh?? so behind a male conector i put a paperclip into the green wire of my pump fan cable and into the back of a red wite slot jnto a male molex?

Exactly. Make sure everything is off first and then do that and power it back up after. Should spin at 100%.

I've got two of the D5 PWM pumps myself and have to do that every time I empty and fill the loops.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

5 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Exactly. Make sure everything is off first and then do that and power it back up after. Should spin at 100%.

I've got two of the D5 PWM pumps myself and have to do that every time I empty and fill the loops.

nothing :( i tried both ways (thats what she said)

IMG_4338.JPG

IMG_4339.JPG

IMG_4340.JPG

IMG_4340.JPG

Green wire needs to go into the back of the connector on the bottom there.

The red wire in the 2 pin molex you've got isn't 5V.

It'll follow the white like I drew below:

GAj5lFb.jpg

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

8 minutes ago, chowderblue said:

Do not miswire it, and ensure it is 5V or you will fry the board if it's on 12V. 

Image result for molex diagram