what projects have you guys been doing

34 minutes ago, mrbilky said:

Looking sweet! How do you like the Pi over arduino I'm thinking of buying one they are more computer like no?

A raspberry pi and arduino are not really comparable because they are so different. The pi is a single board computer that you can run linux on where an arduino is a programmable micro controller. Which one you would choose is entirely applications dependent. If you're trying to make a dedicated electronics project, say light up some led's or controll som motors or a small lcd display, an arduino is almost always going to be the better choice over a pi, but if you plan on doing any kind of networking or embedded systems projects that is where you would use something like a raspberry pi. One is a full blown computer (raspberry pi) and the other is a fully programmable micro controller.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

On 8/20/2017 at 1:23 AM, Coaxialgamer said:

I'm designing (and building) a 16 bit  processor using discrete logic components. 

Are you following a guide / plan ?

That seems a rather complex undertaking. Given that a single bit of memory requires 3+ gates you would need > 2^8 cells to make 16 bit worthwhile

5 hours ago, ScratchCat said:

Are you following a guide / plan ?

That seems a rather complex undertaking. Given that a single bit of memory requires 3+ gates you would need > 2^8 cells to make 16 bit worthwhile

I'm designing it from scratch , no plans or anything . I learn computer architecture online and apply it .I'll be  using 74 series IC's , not individual transistors .Each SRAM cell is 6 transistors , and a byte ( octet ) requires nearly 100 transistors when you take addressing and control logic into account .

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Got some more osh park pcb's made. Power rail for my raspberry pi cluster project. MUCH nicer than using a bunch of crappy usb cables.

Nd6y7Y1.thumb.jpg.37f5968e6ebd4e7afc966db933be81e8.jpg

Z92VpRm.thumb.jpg.bcae78f687f520f46bc765941b6edb3e.jpg

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

On 11/23/2017 at 1:09 PM, bob345 said:

Got some more osh park pcb's made. Power rail for my raspberry pi cluster project. MUCH nicer than using a bunch of crappy usb cables.

Nd6y7Y1.thumb.jpg.37f5968e6ebd4e7afc966db933be81e8.jpg

Z92VpRm.thumb.jpg.bcae78f687f520f46bc765941b6edb3e.jpg

That is similar to what i printed!