What bills do you have to pay for as an adult?

echy

I wanted to know what is your average living expenses to prepare myself for life ahead.

Really depends on your situation, and where you live, as it can vary quite a lot.

As for a list of what bills the average adult would have:

Rent/Mortgage

Car Payment
Car insurance
Phone/Internet/Cable
Credit Card
Food
Gas

6 minutes ago, divito said:

Really depends on your situation, and where you live, as it can vary quite a lot.

Rent/Mortgage

Car Payment
Car insurance
Phone/Internet/Cable
Credit Card
Food
Gas

what do you mean by the credit card part? do you mean paying monthly to own a credit card? or do you mean expenses that you used your credit card with? or something else

31 minutes ago, echy said:

what do you mean by the credit card part? do you mean paying monthly to own a credit card? or do you mean expenses that you used your credit card with? or something else

the way a credit card works is, the bank lets you borrow a bunch of money that you can spend, but you have to pay them back for everything. so when you pay off your credit card, your paying the bank back for everything you borrowed.

my bills include:

rent (1750)

phone (500)

internet (150)

water (40-60)

gas(20-50)

garbage(25)

electricity(100-200)

car payment(500)

car insurance(100)

thank god i have roommates

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Mortgage/home insurance - $948

2 cars payments - $512 and $452

Car insurance - $160

Health insurance - $100

Cable/internet - $160

Phone - $165

Electricity - $120-$160

Water- $40-$45

Garbage - $24

Student loans - $366

Groceries - around $350

And about $1100 a month in credit card bills (bad decisions on both our parts in our early 20s, paying off with rolling payment method) 

2 hours ago, echy said:

I wanted to know what is your average living expenses to prepare myself for life ahead.

Here is a look at my expense budget:

Note: I own a car, but do not drive and have not for 2 years.  So I do not pay car payments or car insurance.

Rent $895
Phone $200
Internet $70
Netflix $10
Youtube Red $10
Hulu Live TV $55
Student Loan $110
Student Loan $290
Gym $60
Audible $15
Electric $250
Food $300

I'm 18, this is what I pay for, keep in mind I'm a college student so I don't have a mortgage.

My car is financed. $313/mo for 60 months (I just got the car yesterday :))

I pay for my car insurance. $150ish/mo, I'm getting insurance in my university town soon so it's a lot cheaper than here in big ol' Houston.

I pay my phone bill and my phone is financed. $80/mo + $22/mo for the phone and insurance.

I pay for gas, groceries, food, etc. Roughly $100/wk since I spend a lot, not really a good thing and I plan on cutting back.

And I pay part of my tuition and housing (I have a large scholarship, luckily). $3,600/semester for housing, my tuition is paid for now until I reach my junior or senior year.

I currently only have one credit card but I use it regularly. $500/mo credit limit, I only use it if I can pay for what I'm buying with debit at the same time.

I also have Netflix, YouTube Red, and Adobe CC which all told I pay $30/mo for.

The things I don't have to pay for right now only include stuff like rent and utilities, though I guess my housing at my university counts for that. Also health insurance since my parents still pay that for me.

The best advice I can give you, never EVER miss a payment, and you're good. I'm lucky enough that I received a scholarship and I can draw (I was Lot #5 in the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo Art Auction for 2017). Your credit will grow if you keep at it, just keep enough money in your savings just in case.

2 hours ago, echy said:

2 hours ago, divito said:

Rent/Mortgage

Car Payment
Car insurance
Phone/Internet/Cable
Credit Card
Food
Gas

This but as for cost that's up to you

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

7 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

I'm 18, this is what I pay for, keep in mind I'm a college student so I don't have a mortgage.

My car is financed. $313/mo for 60 months (I just got the car yesterday :))

I pay for my car insurance. $150ish/mo, I'm getting insurance in my university town soon so it's a lot cheaper than here in big ol' Houston.

I pay my phone bill and my phone is financed. $80/mo + $22/mo for the phone and insurance.

I pay for gas, groceries, food, etc. Roughly $100/wk since I spend a lot, not really a good thing and I plan on cutting back.

And I pay part of my tuition and housing (I have a large scholarship, luckily). $3,600/semester for housing, my tuition is paid for now until I reach my junior or senior year.

I currently only have one credit card but I use it regularly. $500/mo credit limit, I only use it if I can pay for what I'm buying with debit at the same time.

I also have Netflix, YouTube Red, and Adobe CC which all told I pay $30/mo for.

The things I don't have to pay for right now only include stuff like rent and utilities, though I guess my housing at my university counts for that. Also health insurance since my parents still pay that for me.

The best advice I can give you, never EVER miss a payment, and you're good. I'm lucky enough that I received a scholarship and I can draw (I was Lot #5 in the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo Art Auction for 2017). Your credit will grow if you keep at it, just keep enough money in your savings just in case.

If it's the Mazda speed 3 in your avatar be sure to look at water pumps..or was it fuel pumps. Think that was one of the things that liked to fail on the engines. Though not 100% please other car people with more knowledge about it chip in. I only have the experience boost mustang as a reference for it though only similarities between the two are that they both have the same engine block.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

4 hours ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

If it's the Mazda speed 3 in your avatar be sure to look at water pumps..or was it fuel pumps. Think that was one of the things that liked to fail on the engines. Though not 100% please other car people with more knowledge about it chip in. I only have the experience boost mustang as a reference for it though only similarities between the two are that they both have the same engine block.

I have roughly 15,000 miles left on the powertrain warranty, covers everything from the engine to the wheel bearings. At the end of that I'm going to take it to Mazda and have them do a full inspection and see if anything needs replacing. And at that point I'd probably consider getting an extended warranty.

Rough conversion from SEK

Rent 660$ (including a locked cage for the car)

Electrical 150$ (every third month)

Internet + IPTV (100/100 + 60 channels of pure junk) 70$

Car insurance 20$

Car Tax 0$ (30 year old car so no tax :) )

Fuel ~50$. I used to be at 350$ a month but have my work car with me home every day

I avoid buying stuff on credit

mortgage

car insurance

gas

car maintenance

phone

internet

primary medical

extended medical

power

natural gas

utilities

property tax

house insurance

credit cards

student loans

rrsp

savings

misc house fund

online subscriptions to w/e (amazon, twitch, youtube, floatplane, etc)

strata fee (hoa fee?)

that's all i can think of this late, i'm sure there's more

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Location matters the most in terms of bills. The information I provide probably won't help you at all unless you happen to live in my city.

-KuJoe

Internet+Landline+Cable

Rent

Car+Insurance

Phone bill

Electric bill

Water bill

Toll fee

Social Security

Income tax at 32%

Health Insurance

Food

Unleaded gasoline 

So yeah... 

giphy.gif

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Some unnecessary bills.
A great deal of money for a local gun dealer.

g2.jpg.9fd426d20ce2606a64703e073cb75cd1.jpg