AMD 17.7.2 drivers not allowing me to OC my 290s annymore :(

Metallus97

Hey guys!

So yesterday I installed the latest AMD Crimson relive 17.7.2 drivers. After a reboot Afterburner looks like this:

Spoiler

Afterburner.PNG.cad7c6732d05d1d00806cd8c66b22694.PNG

Only the Voltage control is working... don't worry about the for desktop use to high temp and clocks; the system is folding@home ;)

So even setting the Core Clock or Mem Clock sliders to some value will drop them back without changing anything when i click on the apply button. Voltage control however is working as expected.

I did already try to do a "fresh install" from within the AMD installer. Didn't help me...

I did also try the newest Beta afterburner and manually installing the latest RiverTuner. But also no effect on the situation.

I am really dependent on OCing my cards, because i am also doing some mining with this system.

My specs are:

Win10

2x R9 290 (not in Crossfire; and putting them in CF does not change the behavior of afterburner)

Any help is appreciated .

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

Uninstall drivers with DDU and software and install older drivers

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/previous/detail?os=Windows 10 - 64&rev=17.6.1

Current Build

Successful Builds

Spoiler
Spoiler

Seem like every new features they added to Radeon Settings/Wattman will break MSI Afterburner overclocking support for AMD cards, Unwinder himself actually not please with this. Roll back to older driver if you need MSI AB ocing support imo.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

21 hours ago, xAcid9 said:

Seem like every new features they added to Radeon Settings/Wattman will break MSI Afterburner overclocking support for AMD cards, Unwinder himself actually not please with this. Roll back to older driver if you need MSI AB ocing support imo.

I did this and guess what 

works... I HOPE they will fix it in the next driver...

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂