Is this legit?

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

not sure but 

597cccb15f153_ScreenShot2017-07-29at11_57_55AM.thumb.png.0fe194bd33385cc51da95e1fd51828ff.png

Lmao, you made my day. It seems they don't manage bottlenecks individually. 

Well I ran into two problems.

1. They don't have the 550Ti for whatever reason. I guess I'll just select the 560 for now.
    Spoiler

597ce2baaad2c_s.PNG.61c02ce86c3d3cf48f2463041328afdf.PNG

2. This happened.
    Spoiler

597ce2f2a7315_t.PNG.597ac21432d71cbf6f7932179914a7ce.PNG

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Serious Bottlenecks. Gaming Rig Myth Number One.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

2 hours ago, nerdslayer1 said:

not sure but 

597cccb15f153_ScreenShot2017-07-29at11_57_55AM.thumb.png.0fe194bd33385cc51da95e1fd51828ff.png

Oh, I get it, the bottleneck is the GPU, not the processor, it is 'too slow for the CPU', looks like they don't have a variable for the 'graphic card' at the end of the first sentence.

2 minutes ago, Vespertine said:

Oh, I get it, the bottleneck is the GPU, not the processor, it is 'too slow for the CPU', looks like they don't have a variable for the 'graphic card' at the end of the first sentence.

broken site, don't use it, look at benchmarks and reviews. 

597ccdd92fbe9_ScreenShot2017-07-29at12_01_51PM.png.f8b5146e982ee084747257e17bee03cb.png

4 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

broken site, don't use it, look at benchmarks and reviews. 

597ccdd92fbe9_ScreenShot2017-07-29at12_01_51PM.png.f8b5146e982ee084747257e17bee03cb.png

Alright thanks, can't blame em though, they had a good idea, even though it is hard to manage.

Seriously, I'll just stick it in the sig at this point.

A bottleneck is a metaphor for something impeding a certain flow rate. In the PC world, that flow rate or Point of Reference is your resolution and your intended gaming frame rate (1080p/1440p/2160p 60hz/75hz/144hz+).

If X CPU and X GPU combo can satisfy your resolution and framerate criteria, you're golden. But you have to set a frame or reference and specify your software suite. Otherwise, the word means nothing at all. And this website means nothing at all. It doesn't even list resolution or framerate you wish to run at.

Hypothetical scenario:

Would you recommend someone with a 4790k a 1080 instead of a 1080ti when he may be "bottlenecked" by his CPU at 300 fps in a certain title? If so, then you're suggesting that someone with a budget for a 1080ti settle for something lesser "because reasons" even though he can satisfy his resolution/framerate criteria and crank the eyecandy up (and use the card for longer). Everything will reach a limit, and everything is always hindered by something, the point is to specify your target framerate and resolution. All this completely arbitrary talk about bottlenecking is hurting consumers and perpetuating this weird mythos and "intuition" regarding what CPU will bottleneck what GPU and vice versa.

OS: W10 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth P67 | CPU: i7 2600k @ 4.6 | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz | GPU: x2 MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G | Storage: x2 WD CB 1TB, x1 WD CB 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | Spare a moment for Night Theme Users:

Spoiler

I'm an erudite cave-dwelling Troglodyte
I frequent LinusTechTips past midnight
Dark backgrounds I crave 
For my sun-seared red gaze
I'll molest you if you don't form your text right

1 minute ago, LooneyJuice said:

Seriously, I'll just stick it in the sig at this point.

A bottleneck is a metaphor for something impeding a certain flow rate. In the PC world, that flow rate or Point of Reference is your resolution and your intended gaming frame rate (1080p/1440p/2160p 60hz/75hz/144hz+).

If X CPU and X GPU combo can satisfy your resolution and framerate criteria, you're golden. But you have to set a frame or reference and specify your software suite. Otherwise, the word means nothing at all. And this website means nothing at all. It doesn't even list resolution or framerate you wish to run at.

Hypothetical scenario:

Would you recommend someone with a 4790k a 1080 instead of a 1080ti when he may be "bottlenecked" by his CPU at 300 fps in a certain title? If so, then you're suggesting that someone with a budget for a 1080ti settle for something lesser "because reasons". Everything will reach a limit, and everything is always hindered by something, the point is to specify your target framerate and resolution. All this completely arbitrary talk about bottlenecking is hurting consumers and perpetuating this weird mythos and "intuition" regarding what CPU will bottleneck what GPU and vice versa.

TL:DR most of it, but I get where you are coming from, it doesn't state resolution, which is an important aspect of determining a bottleneck.

5 minutes ago, Vespertine said:

TL:DR most of it, but I get where you are coming from, it doesn't state resolution, which is an important aspect of determining a bottleneck.

You just need the first line to be perfectly honest.

You always need resolution and framerate. At the end of the day, isn't that all you're chasing when you're making these comparisons? If you're on a 60hz panel and you're drawing 300 frames, even if you're "bottlenecking" your GPU f.ex, you're still gaining no appreciable benefit. You could easily just cap the framerate to something high enough where the monitor scanning won't expose most of the tearing, benefit from the reduced input latency and call it a day. For most instances when it comes to 60-75hz and depending on the title (let's say AAA FPS games), you'd be surprised how low you can go and satisfy the 60hz criteria when it comes to CPUs. 144hz+ is really the only range where you should be more careful regarding CPU IPC and such.

OS: W10 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth P67 | CPU: i7 2600k @ 4.6 | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz | GPU: x2 MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G | Storage: x2 WD CB 1TB, x1 WD CB 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | Spare a moment for Night Theme Users:

Spoiler

I'm an erudite cave-dwelling Troglodyte
I frequent LinusTechTips past midnight
Dark backgrounds I crave 
For my sun-seared red gaze
I'll molest you if you don't form your text right

i think its a bit too aggressive on the bottleneck part

still think that this would be ok, not 9% but more like 5%.

ffff.PNG.e455b8dcbdd28d262a8fc7f3162f9648.PNG

also, its recommending me to use only 16gb of ram instead of 32.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

I think it's kinda not true.

I wouldn't say there's a bottleneck of any kind with my 1500X and 780.

Also, only part it got right is recommending 16GB of RAM, which will eventually happen.

I like how it also tells me to get an SSD when I already have an SSD.

bottleneck.PNG.56e6494130866eabedc3402ee13876ce.PNG

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

They Do not have G4560 or i3-6100 so I choose i3-4130 c. But i have GTX 560

Says i got 16% Bottle Neck from my GPU - Which is bullshit, I expected more. much more

7 hours ago, freewulf said:

They Do not have G4560 or i3-6100 so I choose i3-4130 c. But i have GTX 560

Says i got 16% Bottle Neck from my GPU - Which is bullshit, I expected more. much more

Well G4560 is Kaby Lake so there would be more of a bottleneck there, it is quite logical.

8 hours ago, kaiju_wars said:

I think it's kinda not true.

I wouldn't say there's a bottleneck of any kind with my 1500X and 780.

Also, only part it got right is recommending 16GB of RAM, which will eventually happen.

I like how it also tells me to get an SSD when I already have an SSD.

bottleneck.PNG.56e6494130866eabedc3402ee13876ce.PNG

It is saying that the GPU is too weak for the CPU, it doesn't take your system specs or anything.

7 hours ago, Vespertine said:

It is saying that the GPU is too weak for the CPU, it doesn't take your system specs or anything.

It also asks how much RAM you have, what type of RAM you have, and what type of storage you have.

9 hours ago, Vespertine said:

Well G4560 is Kaby Lake so there would be more of a bottleneck there, it is quite logical.

In my experience with Games like Starcraft 2, Civ 5/6, CRYSIS 1 and metro last light - the Gtx 560 is the only thing that's holding down the system. I can go maxed out in post processing but cheap out on visuals.

G4560 scaled well in Witcher 3, hardly reaching 100% usage most of the time.

One real flaw in this website is in the context; What activity will you ever get this kind of bottleneck?

16 minutes ago, freewulf said:

In my experience with Games like Starcraft 2, Civ 5/6, CRYSIS 1 and metro last light - the Gtx 560 is the only thing that's holding down the system. I can go maxed out in post processing but cheap out on visuals.

G4560 scaled well in Witcher 3, hardly reaching 100% usage most of the time.

One real flaw in this website is in the context; What activity will you ever get this kind of bottleneck?

The G4560's only flaw is that it's still only a dual core.

But with that hyperthreading, just look at reviews, until Intel nerfed the price and Ryzen 3 launched, it was the budget king in terms of CPUs.

It handles things pretty well.  

Hell, Hardware Unboxed paired it with a 480 and 1060 and it barely bottlenecked, and that was only if you were playing at 1080p, scaled up to 1440p and it handled just fine.

1 hour ago, kaiju_wars said:

It also asks how much RAM you have, what type of RAM you have, and what type of storage you have.

I concur. I had a WD Green 320 I was not able to run Witcher 3 (Running at "Don't bother" FPS. I was quite sure disk read time is the problem. GTA V runs at Average 25 fps, When I switched to WD blue 1 TB it scaled to 75 fps Average at 1024p.

That's a huge jump considering only 1 component was replaced.

Havent added more Ram, But it will surely help.

Just now, freewulf said:

I concur. I had a WD Green 320 I was not able to run Witcher 3 (Running at "Don't bother" FPS. I was quite sure disk read time is the problem. GTA V runs at Average 25 fps, When I switched to WD blue 1 TB it scaled to 75 fps Average at 1024p.

That's a huge jump considering only 1 component was replaced.

Havent added more Ram, But it will surely help.

I'll add more RAM next year after I get out of my second year of college.

But yeah, storage can make a difference.

Probably end up upgrading my 780 next year also... depending on how she holds out.  

On the other hand, there could be some grain of truth in the website, Perhaps there is just something wrong with how they present or something or some factors are not considered or thoroughly calculated