Crosshair VI Hero Vs. Extreme Worth the extra cost?

Hello.

As the title states, is it worth waiting for the extreme version of the hero board? I know the extreme board is currently not out but there is a video out on it which I have watched but I am unsure if it is worth it and that is why I'm asking you guys.

I am planning on using the 1800X with the Celsius S36.

Don't know what else to say except thank you in advance for your help.

Put the extra cash in some other component like a better/bigger SSD.

Hero is more than BadAss already. You will never need the extra stuff on the Extreme

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

10 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

Hero is more than BadAss already. You will never need the extra stuff on the Extreme

Plus you can't put a cpu cooler on that so that's another 500 on the custom loop

My life

4 minutes ago, DekaRanger said:

I am planning on using the 1800X with the Celsius S36.

What else do you plan on using along with the 1800X and S36?

3 minutes ago, Himommies said:

DO NOT BUY THE EXTREME
there are better places to burn money

Like with anything else. You know if everyone would run with that logic, then everyone would be using Pentiums and Ryzen 3's with either GT 1030's, RX 550's, or even onboard graphics with only 8GB max and the cheapest boards and power supplies out on the market, because "there are betters places to burn money" (when it comes to power supplies, you sound like my dad). If his system is already this high-end (once we figure out what GPU he plans on using along with other things), I'd say why not.

Something worth thinking about.

Just now, Himommies said:

Plus you can't put a cpu cooler on that so that's another 500 on the custom loop

Last I saw, you can actually put a tower cooler or an AIO liquid cooler on there (it's on their website right here, listed under Internal I/O Ports). This motherboard is not the Maximus IX Extreme modified to use Ryzen CPUs, it's a souped-up Crosshair VI Hero with a focus on water-cooling and exquisite lighting. This is one of the highest-end Ryzen motherboards out there, and I would say that's good. Hell, it's even better than the MSI X370 XPOWER Gaming Titanium (with the lowest-quality VRM setup out there).

7 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

If his SSD is already big, then there's no point going bigger due to the cost going from 1TB to 2TB is ridiculous (almost, or over twice the amount).

Bottom line, there's going to be people out there buying the Crosshair VI Extreme, and I'm not going to get into any arguments over that. Why? There's what's called a market, like how there's a market for very high-end smartphones like the RED Hydrogen, or a market for supercars like the Lamborghini Huracan.

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"Brand loyalty/fanboyism is stupid." - Unknown person on these forums

"Assuming kills" - @Moondrelor

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

Just now, Himommies said:

If he can afford this with a 7700k.Just get a i9

And what, the cheapest motherboard to fit the i9? You do realize the power requirements for those CPUs are huge, and the motherboard being used has to be able to supply enough power without melting down. Only the highest-end boards (which there are only a few as of now) are able to keep up with the huge power demands for even a Core i9. Lower-end ones are able to be ran on lower-end boards safely, even when overclocked due to the power consumption issues. @done12many2 can tell you that because he has the Core i9-7900X.

5 minutes ago, JurunceNK said:

Like with anything else. You know if everyone would run with that logic, then everyone would be using Pentiums and Ryzen 3's with either GT 1030's, RX 550's, or even onboard graphics with only 8GB max and the cheapest boards and power supplies out on the market, because "there are betters places to burn money"

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

Just now, JurunceNK said:

And what, the cheapest motherboard to fit the i9? You do realize the power requirements for those CPUs are huge, and the motherboard being used has to be able to supply enough power without melting down. Only the highest-end boards (which there are only a few as of now) are able to keep up with the huge power demands for even a Core i9. Lower-end ones are able to be ran on lower-end boards safely, even when overclocked due to the power consumption issues. @done12many2 can tell you that because he has the Core i9-7900X.

As long as you don't OC you should be fine 

My life

3 minutes ago, DekaRanger said:

I am planning on using: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/M8vrjc 

You're already at the upper-end of the spectrum for a Ryzen PC. Have you settled on the case yet, because that's what missing from the parts list.

The SSD is large enough, you're maxed out on the CPU, the RAM amount is plentiful (assuming you don't plan on doing anything too crazy in the realm of content creation), the PSU is big enough and of excellent quality, and you have the same GPU that I have lenny_eyebrow_wiggle_by_databledog-d9z6r, so I would say go for it if you have the budget for the Crosshair VI Extreme (it's MSRP is USD $350)

Edited by JurunceNK

RIGZ

Spoiler

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

QUOTES

Spoiler

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

2 minutes ago, JurunceNK said:

You're already at the upper-end of the spectrum for a Ryzen PC. Have you settled on the case yet, because that's what missing from the parts list.

The SSD is large enough, you're maxed out on the CPU, the RAM amount is plentiful (assuming you don't plan on doing anything too crazy in the realm of content creation), the PSU is big enough and of excellent quality, and you have the same GPU that I have lenny_eyebrow_wiggle_by_databledog-d9z6r, so I would say go for it if you have the budget for the Crosshair VI Extreme (it's MSRP is USD $350)

I am planning on using the Thermaltake Core G21 but, it is not on PCPP so I couldn't add it to the list. If I need more ram I can just purchase another kit if needed. 

7 minutes ago, DekaRanger said:

I am planning on using the Thermaltake Core G21 but, it is not on PCPP so I couldn't add it to the list. If I need more ram I can just purchase another kit if needed. 

I'll tell you right now, the Asus Crosshair VI Extreme will not fit into the Thermaltake Core G21 (even with the right-angled 24-pin connector), as the main portion of the motherboard tray is recessed. If you want a case that'll fit the motherboard, then you'll want a case that will fit the motherboard, such as the Corsair Carbide Air 740, which will take it with zero issues.

If you want tempered glass, then the Corsair Crystal 460X or the 570X will do the trick _happy__by_cookiemagik.gif

RIGZ

Spoiler

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

QUOTES

Spoiler

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

6 minutes ago, JurunceNK said:

I'll tell you right now, the Asus Crosshair VI Extreme will not fit into the Thermaltake Core G21 (even with the right-angled 24-pin connector), as the main portion of the motherboard tray is recessed. If you want a case that'll fit the motherboard, then you'll want a case that will fit the motherboard, such as the Corsair Carbide Air 740, which will take it with zero issues.

If you want tempered glass, then the Corsair Crystal 460X or the 570X will do the trick _happy__by_cookiemagik.gif

Damn. I thought with the right-angled 24-pin connector it would work. With that knowledge I have to get the Crosshair VI Hero. I'm not complaining but I wish it would fit. I will be transferring the case here and there which is why I didn't go with the 570x. Too much glas all around. The Core G21 has just enough for me plus, the mesh front panel is beautiful imo. I saw GN's video on the case and I will remove the dust filter.