I am going to never buy an AMD card again.

Cosmos1234
3 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

Technically, he already did.  He has an A10 APU.

Have you tried running with the onboard graphics?  Just to test, if nothing else.

i did.they are pretty good for mining but nothing else

5 AMD cards myself, and I have never had problems like you speak of. None of the hardware or software crashes you speak of.

I still have 4 of the 5 and they all still work fine. 

4 hours ago, Cosmos1234 said:

The AMD driver (Crimson ReLive) is a buggy piece of $h!t which sometimes decides to run in windows vista compatibility mode on its own.Sometimes doesnt even open at all and sometimes causes crashes.

youre running on vista? lmao. also dont blame the company when you bought an r5 240... lol

the rest sounds like a problem with your os

13700k, 3070, 32GB@3200

4 hours ago, 2Buck said:

As someone who leans towards AMD, I agree. AMD cards just lack the polish of Geforce cards and seem to have more problems to me. They do usually get better down the line with AMD Finewine technology, but I want something that just works. Geforce cards just feel better to use to me. Plus, Vega is most likely gonna be a joke. It's a shame, back in the 200 series and before, AMD/ATi's cards were really good, but they just can't keep up anymore, which I blame AMD for. I wish AMD never bought ATi. AMD, your CPUs are fucking great (minus faildozer and anything with a FX logo on it), but your GPUs... Nah.

i like the 480/580 tho and my good ol 9600pro is my baby

post # 666

well, im happy with my 480. it beats the crap out of the 1060 performance wise, but i do have to agree with you that they often start out rocky and with buggy drivers. id still recommend a 480/470 over a 1060 (depending on ram size) tho

13700k, 3070, 32GB@3200

WINDOWS VISTA ! ! 

Ok I'm out.. this is beyond help, just kill it with fire, but don't hurt the poor computer, its not its fault :P 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Built my old machine with a Sapphire HD6850, which was good for what it was.  Never had anything to complain about really.  Replaced it with an R9 270X (Sapphire Dual-X 2gb) when I got a 1080p monitor, and rocked that up until last November when I bought my RX 470.  The 270X didn't overclock worth a damn, even when water cooled, so I left it alone.  Right now it's running great in my friend's machine (with the original mobo and ram from my old machine).

My RX 470 Red Devil was amazing, and I kinda miss it.  I sold it into a hard life in an Ethereum mining rig somewhere in Ukraine, then bought an R9 Fury Nitro with the money from the sale.  The HD6850 is alive and well in my old computer again.

Aside from fan noise because I stuck a 300W card into a borderline SFF case with poor airflow, the Fury is another great card.  In a remotely normal case with more room to breathe it'd be running mint.

My Geforce 6600 was a piece of trash that forced me to choose between "have updated drivers installed" or "be able to play videos on this computer", eventually resulting in "buy 6800" which was fine until it died and was replaced with a 7600GT.

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.

6 hours ago, Cosmos1234 said:
Processor :AMD A10-6800 
Video Card :R9 270X
RAM:10 GB
Cooler Master 500W Power Supply

why are you not using integrated graphics?

Intel Iris Pro is faster than 90% of discrete graphics solutions.

AMD A10 and A12 series APUs are built with e-Sports at heart.

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

8 hours ago, Nickathom said:

youre running on vista? lmao. also dont blame the company when you bought an r5 240... lol

the rest sounds like a problem with your os

You clearly don't understand.You can't even install Crimson ReLive on Vista.Compatibility mode is something else.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compatibility_mode

8 hours ago, Not_Sean said:

WINDOWS VISTA ! ! 

Ok I'm out.. this is beyond help, just kill it with fire, but don't hurt the poor computer, its not its fault :P 

Yeah i was saying that from the start.

It is not the computer,It is the software that is $h!t.

I had a Wattman crash while typing this...

25 minutes ago, Arc_Jester said:

What driver version are you using?

16 hours ago, Cosmos1234 said:
Processor :AMD A10-6800 
Video Card :R9 270X
RAM:10 GB
Cooler Master 500W Power Supply

You must be using the apu instead of the dedicated gpu for processing the game

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 MOBO: MSI Tomahawk B350 GPU: Reference cooled GTX 980 Storage: Intel SSD5 256Gb RAM: 8gb Geil EVO Potenza Case:  Phanteks p300 PSU: EVGA 500 watt CPU Cooler: AMD wraith spire

Steam: maxarooni4

Battle.net: MAX

If you have an Oculus HMU in dead and buried   

11 hours ago, Nickathom said:

well, im happy with my 480. it beats the crap out of the 1060 performance wise, but i do have to agree with you that they often start out rocky and with buggy drivers. id still recommend a 480/470 over a 1060 (depending on ram size) tho

Yeah, like I said I do like the 480/580. The 400 series is actually fine (despite the rocky launch), in fact the 480 does beat the 1060. I'm just saying from my POV Geforce GPUs just have less problems (recently).

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

16 hours ago, Cosmos1234 said:

I had 3 AMD cards in total:

R7 240

Radeon RX 550 

R9 270X (I am currently using this card)

I had so many issues,crashes,freezes with AMD cards.But I always thought the problem was me since i know very little about how to optimize and overclock a GPU.

The AMD driver (Crimson ReLive) is a buggy piece of $h!t which sometimes decides to run in windows vista compatibility mode on its own.Sometimes doesnt even open at all and sometimes causes crashes.

There is a overclock manager in the AMD driver called AMD WattMan.which crashes  under realistic load (Mostly happens in games,temp is fine,no cooling issue) out of random and if that happens,you will have to restart your pc or it will keep crashing when you open a game.I currently cannot play CS:GO because of lag.I had this game running fine a day a ago but now it runs in 10-12 FPS.I did no installs and no updates.I checked for viruses and i closed all the background programs.I disabled Windows Game Mode and Xbox DRM.After that i tried reinstalling all the drivers including AMD drivers,But no luck.I still cannot run even a game simple as CS:GO.At somepoint i thought it was a cpu problem but my cpu was at only %30 load in CS:GO.

Here is my experiences with every individual card :

R7 240:

F**k this card and and f**k me for buying it.

It cant run 2013 games in 720p.

Radeon RX 550 :

Extremely loud even in no load but it runs CS:GO in 200 FPS which is good enough for me.Crashes randomly

R9 270X:

Mostly unusable.Legends say it runs CS:GO in every 300 years.

1. If you're getting crashes and stuff after overclocking, it is you.
  2. If it's automatically running in compatibility mode, that's Windows being annoying.
  3. Sounds like you've been getting bad cards.

It's totally fine if you don't want to buy AMD.  I've never owned an AMD card so I can't even speak to their quality.  I just wanted to throw in my two cents.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

35 minutes ago, AMDPRO said:

You must be using the apu instead of the dedicated gpu for processing the game

Tested both.APU is worse.