Chromecast - I Need Static Resolution

Hey Techies, I have a quick question, and I think someone may have a solution.

I've already spent 2-3 hours trying to fix this, and research, but I have had no luck. I have an Epson Powerlite 83+ with XGA(1024x768) and I have a chromecast hooked in with a HDMI to VGA adapter. It works great, except for the resolution. The projector tooks to the chromecast for resolution, while the chromecast looks to the projector for resolution, they both appear to be dynamic towards one another. Is there something that I can put between the two of them that would set the resolution to a static 720P or 1080P. The monitor supports 1080p, but will scale it down. Otherwise, it usually displays my chromecast feed in 1400x900, so i have a significant part of the screen cropped out. Occasionally, the projector does detect a 1080p signal and accepts it, but that is on a rare occasion.

The projector will take a static input and display it without cropping, it's only when there is a device such as a chromecast that it doesn't. Does anyone know of a device that could accomplish this? Or is the only option to purchase a 1080p projector?

I appreciate any help I can get,

Ethan

• 6 months later...

Hey, any updates on this? I'm in the exact same situation.