Are these Ebay Ethereum price drop gtx 1080 ti's real or scams?

There scams dont buy them and report them right away

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

Just now, Max_Settings said:

Scams, I bought one yesterday and it's a scam

new card or something to that affect?

3 minutes ago, Billy_Mays said:

new card or something to that affect?

No, it's not even that. The scams are intended to garner money from unsuspecting people.

They say the item has been shipped immediately. Are they sitting at a post office doing this or what?

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

Just now, Hiitchy said:

No, it's not even that. The scams are intended to garner money from unsuspecting people.

They say the item has been shipped immediately. Are they sitting at a post office doing this or what?

What the hell

Just now, Billy_Mays said:

What the hell

Yup, it was mentioned in another topic yesterday. As soon as you send the money and they see it, they say the item has shipped. Anyone who tries buying a 1080Ti at this price is in for a rude awakening when they get a box with a brick the same weight of the videocard.

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

Always suspect not realistic prices, a GTX 1080 costs above 300$ regardless.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

7 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Always suspect not realistic prices, a GTX 1080 costs above 300$ regardless.

well here in sweden a Palit GeForce GTX 1080 Dual OC HDMI 3xDP 8GB is about $678 (the least expensive new one to buy in sweden)

For sure that is too good to be true, so probably a scam.

But, if it is a scam, could you not get your money back through Ebay buyer protection? I guess Ebay is the one who really loses the money in that case, in case the seller is nowhere to be found. But Ebay and Paypal work closely together, so couldnt Paypal reclaim the money from the fraudulent seller?

even if you do purchase one of these, considering ebay's priority buyer protection system, and lack of seller protection, you should be fine in getting your money back

My PC Setup:

Spoiler

The PC:

Case: Cougar Solution ATX Mid Tower

CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1620v3

Mobo: AsRock x99 Extreme4

RAM: 12GB (3x4GB) GeiL DDR4 2133MHz

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 580 4GB MSI Armor OC

PSU: EVGA 80+ 500w

Storage: Toshiba P300 1TB HDD + Hitachi HDS721016CLA382 160GB HDD (with the classic messy partition table)

Cooling: Zalman CNPS10X Extreme

Etc: LG Lite-On DVD+R Burner (i use optical media all the time for vintage computers, it's not dead yet! hell, floppy drive in here too but can't plug it into x99 :()

Outside the case:

Monitors (left to right):  Dell E176FP + Samsung Syncmaster 2253BW + AOC G2260VWQ6 Freesync

Keyboard: Lexmark (IBM) Model M-122

Mouse: Logitech G402

Headset: Samson SR850

DAC: Digidesign Mbox 2 Mini

Mic: Realistic Cardioid 33-992a

Main Laptop: 2009 Macbook (Recycling Haul)
Streaming Laptop: 2013 Samsung Series 7 Ultra 740U

Also: the buyer does have 100% approval rating. Most of the feedback is as a buyer, not as a seller. But he does have 1 positive seller feedback from over a year ago, so it is not a new account or anything.

Strange.. It seems more likely that the buyer meant to price it at $559 or have an auction that starts at $55 or something, but made a mistake. It is a new listing...

• 6 months later...

This is still going on, I found a way to turn these adds into a game, see how many items the seller is selling, watch the graphics card and ask them a question about it, then time how long it takes to disappear from your watched list, then go to your sent message and click on sellers name, check how many items are left that anyone actually would want to buy.

a $1000 GPU for $55 and felt the need to ask if it was a scam, what was you hoping for? Of course it's a scam, if it's too good to be true it more than likely is 

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

1 minute ago, ImHyperstyle said:

WHY DO YOU EVEN NEED TO ASK THE QUESTION ARE YOU MENTALLY RETARDED!?!?

inb4 banned kek

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

that's more likely to be an older card, modded to have 3 fans. If you buy it, check GPU-Z and complain to eBay it was a scam, they will give your money back AND sometimes let you to keep it!

Used to be everywhere in LTT forums, had a break which lasted apparently 1 year LOL. 

Gonna get up againnnn.

Wake me up if I sleep again like Oppy. 

Appears to be real. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz