Best method of syncing a 'work' directory to local network storage

Leeous_

Hi there. First time I've posted, so excuse me if this isn't the correct forum.

I have a external HDD connected to my home router. I usually just use it for media storage, but I'd like to store my projects and whatnot on it. But I'd also like it to sync automatically. I know how to access and storage stuff on it already (obviously), but getting it to sync certain folders on my PC is something I'm not sure how to do. Any solutions would be appreciated. 

4 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

I didn't read too deeply but I'm not sure how they would work out with a NAS-type storage. But I think as long as you can map it to a drive letter, those apps probably won't care.

I decided to go with SparkleShare, since I have a Raspberry Pi laying around. Didn't even think about it until I saw the article you linked. 

12 hours ago, Leeous_ said:

Hi there. First time I've posted, so excuse me if this isn't the correct forum.

I have a external HDD connected to my home router. I usually just use it for media storage, but I'd like to store my projects and whatnot on it. But I'd also like it to sync automatically. I know how to access and storage stuff on it already (obviously), but getting it to sync certain folders on my PC is something I'm not sure how to do. Any solutions would be appreciated. 

Why not use OneDrive or Google Drive? It'll be a bit more secure..