Air flow or static pressure?

karlferris

Hi,

Just a quick one, on the front of my case I have two 120mm fans which blow air directly into the case, I have removed all my HDD trays that were directly behind save for two which I am using. Now would I get a better cooling solution using airflow fans or static pressure?

Currently I am using two static pressure on the front intake, a 120mm airflow coming up from the bottom mixing with and blowing directly onto the GPU. Then I have a 140mm airflow exhaust can on too of my case as well as two 120 static pressure push pull on corsair H80i.

All my fans are corsair either SP or AF.

What do you guys think of does it really not make to much of a difference?

Thanks!

AMD FX8350 8-Core 4.6GHz///Corsair H80i Push/Pull///ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z///8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro Series///MSi R9 290 4GB GDDR5///NZXT H2 Silent Mid Tower///Corsair AX860i///Samsung 840 120GB///WD Blue 1TB

I'ld get anything other than Corsair fans.

They may not be noctuas but they are still pretty good

No AF are great for incidental cooling on the MoBo, but nothing else, SP fans are a good solution as well, because... well, you're still moving air ;)

Hope this helped,

Greetings.

That French guy who lives in the Netherlands and speaks German.

Performance wise, yes

But the amount of noise that even the quiet editions make is just horrid

Really? I don't have them but I've installed them in a few friend's PCs, never had that problem.

Compare them with something like a NoiseBlocker/Noctua/BeQuiet! and there's a massive difference. 

I have.. As I said they aren't Noctuas but they are still pretty good, perform well and quiet. Just not the king.

Okay thanks guys, ill just leave the sp120s in the front then. All the fans I have brought have been the corsair quiet edition and not the performance edition.

To be honest when I'm gaming and the machine is in load mode I'm wearing headphones so it's not an issue as long as it's not load when I'm working or browsing the web etc. when I say work I mean writing documents not video editing so it shouldn't be an issue. :)

Thanks for advice! :)

AMD FX8350 8-Core 4.6GHz///Corsair H80i Push/Pull///ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z///8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro Series///MSi R9 290 4GB GDDR5///NZXT H2 Silent Mid Tower///Corsair AX860i///Samsung 840 120GB///WD Blue 1TB

I have.. As I said they aren't Noctuas but they are still pretty good, perform well and quiet. Just not the king.

There are cheaper, quieter fans available. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.