AMD Driver 17.7.2, RIP Afterburner

SirGh0st
Go to solution Solved by Dietrichw,
16 minutes ago, SirGh0st said:

100% They were disabling functions one by one in afterburner with every new driver update, now it's not working at all, only fan curve and monitoring is working for now, thanks god, no overclocking tho :/ im so sad

This is normal when drivers have significant change. This has happened a few times in the life of my R9 290.

just have to wait for Afterburner to get updated 

Hi guys, i just updated to the latest amd drivers, 17.7.2 and overclocking on my rx 580 in msi afterburner is not working at all, is it just me?

Same. Power limit, temp limit, core clock, and memory clock sliders are all at 0 or disabled. version 4.3.0

Just now, Dietrichw said:

Same. Power limit, temp limit, core clock, and memory clock sliders are all at 0 or disabled. version 4.3.0

Exactly. I'm sure AMD did that on purpose somehow, to promote their Wattman, which is shit.

Just now, Himommies said:

Reinstall afterburner.

3 times tried now, same, tried also beta and stable, same

6 minutes ago, SirGh0st said:

Exactly. I'm sure AMD did that on purpose somehow, to promote their Wattman, which is shit.

I highly doubt that.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

1 minute ago, Morgan MLGman said:

I highly doubt that.

100% They were disabling functions one by one in afterburner with every new driver update, now it's not working at all, only fan curve and monitoring is working for now, thanks god, no overclocking tho :/ im so sad

16 minutes ago, SirGh0st said:

This is normal when drivers have significant change. This has happened a few times in the life of my R9 290.

just have to wait for Afterburner to get updated 

Same here, 290x CFX , I prefer AB over Wattman ,ease of use ,fan control works well ,have multiple OC profiles set with ovevvolt and memory OC, on the fly .

Same problem, though I can get around it with bios mods & wattman. Also, Unigine Superposition benchmark reports gpu temps N/A etc...

CPU: Intel i7 3970X @ 4.7 GHz  (custom loop)   RAM: Kingston 1866 MHz 32GB DDR3   GPU(s): 2x Gigabyte R9 290OC (custom loop)   Motherboard: Asus P9X79   

Case: Fractal Design R3    Cooling loop:  360 mm + 480 mm + 1080 mm,  tripple 5D Vario pump   Storage: 500 GB + 240 GB + 120 GB SSD,  Seagate 4 TB HDD

PSU: Corsair AX860i   Display(s): Asus PB278Q,  Asus VE247H   Input: QPad 5K,  Logitech G710+    Sound: uDAC3 + Philips Fidelio x2

HWBot: http://hwbot.org/user/tame/

5 hours ago, Harmonpoehl said:

Same here, 290x CFX , I prefer AB over Wattman ,ease of use ,fan control works well ,have multiple OC profiles set with ovevvolt and memory OC, on the fly .

Exactly.

4 hours ago, Tam3n said:

Same problem, though I can get around it with bios mods & wattman. Also, Unigine Superposition benchmark reports gpu temps N/A etc...

Yeah i also tried my best with wattman for now, hope msi will fix it soon.

On 27.07.2017 at 2:01 AM, SirGh0st said:

Hi guys, i just updated to the latest amd drivers, 17.7.2 and overclocking on my rx 580 in msi afterburner is not working at all, is it just me?

You have to turn on unoffical overclock in the settings.

It wasn't working for me too.

4 hours ago, Cosmos1234 said:

You have to turn on unoffical overclock in the settings.

It wasn't working for me too.

Am not an amateur, i already tried everything, it's just not working.

By the way, I tried updating to these drivers, however after I did I started to get a lot of mouse glitches and lags, with lots of frame skipping (only in the desktop, probably due to other monitoring softwares, like CAM and stuff). So I rolled back to 17.7.1 and reported to AMD. There's also a thread about it in the community forum.

I've used some old Afterburner version for almost two years now, recently updated to 17.6.2 driver and lost temperature monitoring

after updating to new Afterburner got temperature monitoring back

pretty sure it's no "disabled"

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

You can also noticed that even with Wattman after changing setttings

you will noticed that whe you push on Apply every options are resetings

I don' know why AMD had note yet solved this problem.

Let's go to reddit to prrotest  an ask the previous version to AMD

Have a nice day or evenigs.,