Is there any way to buy GTA V and not downloading it?

WAR Corporation

Hello,

Since I only have a 'x' limit of GB per month with my internet, am I able to buy GTA V for its full price without downloading? Just like the old days, when you bought a DVD-ROM from a local store and installed the game without an internet connection? I'm just not able to download GTA V since it's over 60 GB (I'm pretty sure) but I'll have internet connection when I'm playing the game (If that makes any sence).

Please be aware, what I'm asking here is NOT pirated/torrent content.

Thanks!

PSU Tier List: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/

CPU Celeron n2830 - GPU Integrated - RAM 1x4GB DDR3 1333MHz - Storage 750 GB 5400RPM HDD

Operating System Windows 10 Home

Hmmm. Do you have somewhere you could go to download it? I don't think there's digital media for most newer games. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Just now, Zando Bob said:

Hmmm. Do you have somewhere you could go to download it? I don't think there's digital media for most newer games.

Well yeah... But the problem is it's far away from my house and the internet speed is awful (we're talking about 100kb/s or 200)

PSU Tier List: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/

CPU Celeron n2830 - GPU Integrated - RAM 1x4GB DDR3 1333MHz - Storage 750 GB 5400RPM HDD

I have it original copy from best buy i bought at launch it's 5 freaking DVD's and takes forever to install...and after that the game will download like...20GB of updates anyways....your best bet if to buy it on steam because even if you have it on DVD the rockstar login shit software is a pain in the butt.,..i highly regret not buying mine on steam.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

2 minutes ago, WAR Corporation said:

Well yeah... But the problem is it's far away from my house and the internet speed is awful (we're talking about 100kb/s or 200)

Oh... yeah, I doubt you can be away for a week waiting for it. Are you getting it off of Steam?

Main PC 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

1 minute ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

and after that the game will download like...20GB of updates anyways

So the total size of the game with updates is about 80GB.. wow...

Looks like I'm not gonna play GTA V :(

2 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

Oh... yeah, I doubt you can be away for a week waiting for it. Are you getting it off of Steam?

Yup it's in steam if I download it.

Just now, WAR Corporation said:

So the total size of the game with updates is about 80GB.. wow...

Looks like I'm not gonna play GTA V :(

Yup it's in steam if I download it.

Do you have money to spare? If so, find a friend who has it on Steam, have them do a clean install, copy the game folder, then put it on a HDD you provide,  and send it back. Then copy it to your Steam folder and activate it with your account. It's not pirating, since you have a key. 

Main PC 

I don't mind waiting like 2/3 days for it to install via CD, it's just the download size needs to be as minimal as possible...

1 minute ago, Zando Bob said:

Do you have money to spare? If so, find a friend who has it on Steam, have them do a clean install, copy the game folder, then put it on a HDD you provide,  and send it back. Then copy it to your Steam folder and activate it with your account. It's not pirating, since you have a key. 

Hmm, I'll try that, thanks! :P

Anyway is there any other way to get it (just in case...)

Uh I think you have to have a friend either back it up to a hard drive or you can go somewhere with faster/free internet

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

There's a local shop I can buy the game https://www.worten.pt/gaming/gaming-pc/jogos-pc/jogo-pc-grand-theft-auto-v-5475640 but it doesn't even say if I need to download it...

Anyway now I've got 3 options:

1. Buy it from the local shop I mentioned and hope you don't have to download it

2. Go to a place with faster internet (I know one or two places, I remembered)

3. Ask a friend that has steam

I'll probably go with the 1 or 2 options.

3 minutes ago, WAR Corporation said:

There's a local shop I can buy the game https://www.worten.pt/gaming/gaming-pc/jogos-pc/jogo-pc-grand-theft-auto-v-5475640 but it doesn't even say if I need to download it...

Anyway now I've got 3 options:

1. Buy it from the local shop I mentioned and hope you don't have to download it

2. Go to a place with faster internet (I know one or two places, I remembered)

3. Ask a friend that has steam

I'll probably go with the 1 or 2 options.

Apparently there is physical media, but it takes 7 discs and IDK where to get it from. 

Main PC 

Well anyway thanks guys :P

2 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

Apparently there is physical media, but it takes 7 discs and IDK where to get it from. 

here and in the US best buy still offer the DVD ROM version of the game:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/grand-theft-auto-v-pc/10295352.aspx

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

If you buy the boxed version you will still have to download a zillion gbs because updates

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

47 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

here and in the US best buy still offer the DVD ROM version of the game:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/grand-theft-auto-v-pc/10295352.aspx

Keep in mind that any OLD physical media release of the game will still need tremendous updates downloaded to once you log into Steam or Rockstars platform.

Buy the game off Steam 

Once you purchase it you can choose if you want to download it or not

If you plan on upgrading your internet in the future download it then

Wazowski was here 

4 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

Keep in mind that any OLD physical media release of the game will still need tremendous updates downloaded to once you log into Steam or Rockstars platform.

exactly what i wrote in my post just above :)

6 hours ago, WAR Corporation said:

Hello,

Since I only have a 'x' limit of GB per month with my internet, am I able to buy GTA V for its full price without downloading? Just like the old days, when you bought a DVD-ROM from a local store and installed the game without an internet connection? I'm just not able to download GTA V since it's over 60 GB (I'm pretty sure) but I'll have internet connection when I'm playing the game (If that makes any sence).

Please be aware, what I'm asking here is NOT pirated/torrent content.

Thanks!

I know what you mean brother. When we bought Office 2010 from Bestbuy we were waiting on the cashier to hand us the Office 2010 package. But it was just a stupid ass fucking code on a fucking receipt. $100 for fuck all I tell ya. i like to have it in my fucking hands, not a bunch of number on a piece of paper. Its worthless to me.

I'd love to buy tactile games, physical in hand games but the programmers are fucking lazy as shit. They dont want to ship the product to the store. I am triggered now.